X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
    LOL Very good, I laughed at that.

Seriously, though. Cliff Simon showed what he is capable of in Abyss. With the right material, he'd be an awesome character in any future Stargate series.
    I`m waiting for him to help SG-1 get rid of the Ori and then for him to totally stab them in the back and take control of the remaining Ori forces...or something like that.
    It seems like the sort of thing that Ba`al would do and I think would enable him to be a minor baddie in the third series if it was set in MW. I think it would scream of 'no ideas left' if he were the main baddie but I think if they play it right and return Ba`al to more of an Abyss state then he could have some serious longevity in him.

Comment

I still think it would be worth seeing Baal develop more as a character. It would be a story of twist and turns, with wonderful unexpected moments. A challange Cliff Simon would relish I'm sure, having made such a wonderful job of making Baal the most developed character of all the Goa'uld and subsequently of more interest to the viewer.

I would love the suspense of never really knowing what Baal is up to and the interplay with him and the characters of the SGC is always entertaining. Baal has sort of taken Jack's place for me in the wry way he observes others like Jack did.

Comment

Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper say:
        Spoiler:
        "it's the approach to the storytelling that I think makes it unique"

maybe this means from a bad guy/former bad guy point of view? ie Ba'al!

okay, i know thats reading too much into it and don't worry i'm not taking that seriously it's just wishful thinking, but i do wonder what they mean by that statement?
        ------------------------------------------------------

It goes like this: The fourth, the fifth. The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

Ba'al as a good guy i like it beside is not so evil as he used to be and it cool when he dos not talk like a goa´ukd
          sigpic

So now that is why I call you names, like Carol, Jane and Sue. Like Moesha, Kim and Lilly and Susanne and Betty-Lou. See, regardless of the names I pick, my feelings are quite clear; you're a pain in every day of every month of every year.

Dr.cox Scrubs

Comment

Originally posted by thefunkyone View Post
            A Baal spin off series is very unlikely to happen... Baals a "bad guy" and t.v shows cant focus on the bad guys trying to defeat the good guys... that makes for bad t.v morals. If you notice 99.9999999999% of all movies and t.v shows always have the "Good guys" beating the "Bad guys"...
            what about "Firefly" they are theives and smugglers but are the protanganists!

It goes like this: The fourth, the fifth. The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

Originally posted by LadyWolfie View Post
              Very good point. I agree.

However, the series didn't last very long. So someone could argue that the characters all being bad guys was why.

Then I look at Andromeda - a bunch of bad guys led by a good guy, Star Wars - Han Solo being a bad guy at the start, etc.
              Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                Very good point. I agree.

However, the series didn't last very long. So someone could argue that the characters all being bad guys was why.

Then I look at Andromeda - a bunch of bad guys led by a good guy, Star Wars - Han Solo being a bad guy at the start, etc.
                They could argue that, but they would be wrong.

however all three examples don't have a lot of power, so can't do really evil things, Ba'al has the man-power and resources to do whatever he wants!

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

I'm sorry but I wouldn't enjoy a baal spin off.

His character isn't strong enough IMO and also his character in the forms of characteristic and attitude keeps changing
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:
                  President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                  President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                  Forum Charmer
                  Forum Ambassador
                  Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                  VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                  VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
                    I'm sorry but I wouldn't enjoy a baal spin off.

His character isn't strong enough IMO and also his character in the forms of characteristic and attitude keeps changing
                    I don't see a new series with Ba'al in it as Ba'al-centric. I think he would be an anti-hero who is a dark counterpoint of the hero of the show. The hero would be a Sheppard or Daniel Jackson type, who deals with Ba'al as a redeemed bad guy. His knowledge is helpful to his new friends, but he still has a darker side that he must overcome to maintain his new relationships.

That is the kind of series I would like to see.
                    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

I would like to see a Stargate: System Lords show! We know the system lords, it'd be kewl to see all aboot them b4 SG-1 came and took it all away. Could be like a Pre-qual to the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Web Of Hair View Post
                        I would like to see a Stargate: System Lords show! We know the system lords, it'd be kewl to see all aboot them b4 SG-1 came and took it all away. Could be like a Pre-qual to the show.
                        That sounds like another good idea

Comment

Originally posted by Web Of Hair View Post
                          Yeah we could see it from the Goa'uld side. (there are two sides to every story.)

As long as Ba'al's in it I'll be happy.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                            Yeah a sitcom - LIKE FRASIER!!!!

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                            LOL!

Phew! Thank goodness it was only a 'bit angry'!!

I was heaping praises on the amazing 'fiendishness' that makes Baal such an enjoyable character and worthy of such great respect!

Exit: reversing whilst bowing low and grovelling with exaggerated humbleness..
                            I'm sure Ba'al will be pleased by your humility

Originally posted by thefunkyone View Post
                            A Baal spin off series is very unlikely to happen... Baals a "bad guy" and t.v shows cant focus on the bad guys trying to defeat the good guys... that makes for bad t.v morals. If you notice 99.9999999999% of all movies and t.v shows always have the "Good guys" beating the "Bad guys"...

The only way a baal spin off would work is if somehow baal became a "good guy" and the show had a "Moral goodness" plot like Baal and some other goa'ulds (or tokra) working to undo the damage the goa'uld empire caused and restore their civilisation to a more balanced race (i.e: no slavery and the goa'uld working with humans).... But if something like that happened then people would complain that the "personality" of the character would be gone !!!
                            You make some good points, though I agree with AG that the series would be rather dark, like you pointed out, he'd have to undergo some changes, but then it wouldn't be Ba'al, the one we've come to know and love LOL

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
                            I`m waiting for him to help SG-1 get rid of the Ori and then for him to totally stab them in the back and take control of the remaining Ori forces...or something like that.
                            It seems like the sort of thing that Ba`al would do and I think would enable him to be a minor baddie in the third series if it was set in MW. I think it would scream of 'no ideas left' if he were the main baddie but I think if they play it right and return Ba`al to more of an Abyss state then he could have some serious longevity in him.
                            Yeah I can see that storyline happening!

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                            I still think it would be worth seeing Baal develop more as a character. It would be a story of twist and turns, with wonderful unexpected moments. A challange Cliff Simon would relish I'm sure, having made such a wonderful job of making Baal the most developed character of all the Goa'uld and subsequently of more interest to the viewer.

I would love the suspense of never really knowing what Baal is up to and the interplay with him and the characters of the SGC is always entertaining. Baal has sort of taken Jack's place for me in the wry way he observes others like Jack did.
                            Good post It might be a good idea, if we do write to TPTB, to mention what we'd like to see in future series

Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper say:
                            Spoiler:
                            "it's the approach to the storytelling that I think makes it unique"

maybe this means from a bad guy/former bad guy point of view? ie Ba'al!

okay, i know thats reading too much into it and don't worry i'm not taking that seriously it's just wishful thinking, but i do wonder what they mean by that statement?
                            Yeah me too!

Good point!

TekTek, & Gaia Online

Comment

I think if there was to be a spin off baal would have to be good maybe a ball comes from an alternate reality where is a tokra.Howver I would like to see one where he tries to regain his empire
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X