This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
    I would watch a spin off series. Totally agree that loads could be done with the character. Baal has always been the mystery, could never predict his moves and his motives are never clear cut.

Yes, I think plenty of scope. He would make for a very interesting 'Angel' type figure. 'Goau'ld with a soul' LOL!
    yeah! coz you never know his motives in SG-1 it would be great to see things from the other side, i think Ba'al is a great character i'd love the 3rd series to be about him!
    ------------------------------------------------------

It goes like this: The fourth, the fifth. The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

I am up for any ideas of saving baal
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Lord Baal View Post
        I am up for any ideas of saving baal
        *looks at username* What a suprise, i guess it is possible

Spoiler:
        In the second movie Ba'al is the main baddie, the first timeline he is about to be executed (not much chance of a spinoff seires), the secnd timeline he is a great system lord again, but i'm guessing SG-1 foil he plans but there is no reason why when SG-1 restore the timeline to normal it should be exactly the same as the first

so maybe they will leave Ba'als fate open so that one day Everyones Favourite Evil Alien Overlord can return!

It goes like this: The fourth, the fifth. The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

Originally posted by LadyWolfie View Post
          *looks at username* What a suprise, i guess it is possible

Spoiler:
          In the second movie Ba'al is the main baddie, the first timeline he is about to be executed (not much chance of a spinoff seires), the secnd timeline he is a great system lord again, but i'm guessing SG-1 foil he plans but there is no reason why when SG-1 restore the timeline to normal it should be exactly the same as the first

so maybe they will leave Ba'als fate open so that one day Everyones Favourite Evil Alien Overlord can return!
          I do hope so. Stargate without Ba'al is just <SHUDDER> unthinkable.
          Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Do you think it should/could be earth based as he has the trust under his control or do you think they should take him back into space to restart his empire?

My Art Work!

Still Seeing Breen

Comment

It could start out Earth based. He obviously knows what the SGC are up to as most of the time he seems to be one step ahead of them. He's not adverse to using them to further his interests so establishing his power base on Earth makes sense. As he said, on Earth he can "hide in plain sight".

This way we can watch him either expand his interests in the Galaxy using Earth as his base or find that he turns out to adopt Earth as his new home and decides to help them expand interests without too much risk on his part. This is all dependent on whether he becomes the 'Good Goa'uld' or remains the ever deceitful, unpredictable Baal we all know and love!!! It would be fun to watch something along these lines.

Comment

Ba'al is my favorite bad guy in SG-1 mostly beacuse Every episode that he was in for more than a cameo was awesome up untill S9 (Abyss, Zero Hour, Reckoning) but since then, his eps have either been average but mostly because of the clone story line. Though I did think that Stronghold was pretty good.

Perfecto!

Comment

Do you think it should/could be earth based as he has the trust under his control or do you think they should take him back into space to restart his empire?
                  Earth based - maybe focusing on the businesses he "acquired" - move over David Brent!
                  The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

hes one of my fav characters . u know how they treat baal these days. hes like kenny in south park he just keeps on dying

Comment

Originally posted by the_dark_light View Post
                      Earth based - maybe focusing on the businesses he "acquired" - move over David Brent!
                      LOL!!

Comment

I would rather seem him restart his empire
                        sigpic

Comment

Baal was the coolest Goa'uld in SG1. This is true. But he wasn't "star of his own series" good.

Comment

blasphemy I will strick you down (only joking)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigFlush View Post
                              Baal was the coolest Goa'uld in SG1. This is true. But he wasn't "star of his own series" good.
                              Ba'al is awesome!

Cliff Simon can be amazing with the right material. It's not just the dialogue, it's the expressions he uses, the way he reacts to other actors, it's the body language. He knows how to make the most use of every aspect of his character. When he rolled his eyes at Anubis as he walked away in Reckoning, that was all Cliff. The director didn't tell him to do that. That is what I mean by great acting. He takes the character and turns Ba'al into a believable bad guy. As a regular in the new series, he would be awesome!
                              Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

krisz has got us a bit angry to say the least
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X