Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...our-questions/

October 29, 2010 - Part 2

“Is Syfy looking to develop more fun fare like Warehouse 13, Eureka and Haven? I loved that Pearry Teo pushed for better production values on Witchville. Will we see Syfy’s original movies move away from the camp and weird animal mashups?”

EK: We absolutely want to develop fun series that entertain our audiences and take them on a ride.

As for our movies, I’m not sure, but I will say that growing up I was a huge fan of Roger Corman and Troma Films, so for me it’s nice to see that legacy live on. I get that it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I dare you to watch the Sharktopus trailer without smiling once.

“Thanks for bringing us great shows like SGU!”

EK: You’re very welcome. Thanks for watching them!

“Would you mind sharing some highs and lows of being at Syfy?”

EK: I adore working at Syfy for so many reasons, but the biggest reason is that Syfy truly values and celebrates the imagination. I’ve had some jobs (Purchasing Assistant at an Oil Company) that did not exactly push my creativity, and every day here I’m challenged to think outside of the box, and encourage others to do the same.

I can’t say that I’ve had any real lows so far. I’ve been extremely lucky to (knock on wood) not have any series I work on be canceled. I know that day will come, and I would imagine that will become what I answer to this kind of question. I suppose the biggest low so far is that our cafeteria has limited vegetarian options.

“How long have you been a fan of Science Fiction and what got you into the genre?”

EK: I can’t remember how long because as far back as I can remember my hair was in Princess Leia buns or I was pretending to be She-Ra. I wanted desperately to join the Ghostbusters, and kind of still do. Later I moved onto the hard stuff, R.L. Stine, Time Bandits, and I haven’t looked back.

“What are you some of your favourite foods?”

EK: I’m a vegetarian, but as Joe can attest to, that doesn’t stop me from eating. I love avocados and eat them with anything I can. I’m also a huge fan of spinach and sweet potatoes. On the bad for you front, I have a weakness for hors d‘oeuvres and caramel. About once a week I have veggie sushi rolls, and whenever I’m in Vancouver I have to get a Veggie Terimayo Hot Dog from Jappadog. I recently went to Toronto, and discovered that the Four Seasons has an amazing Egg White Omelette, and that the restaurant George has incredible vegetarian options.

“Would you mind sharing some of your favourite authors?”

EK: My favorite book in the world is Love in the Time of Cholera, I could read it every day. I know it’s kind of cliché, but Catcher in the Rye is a very close second. I love authors who pull you in, and make you feel like an accomplice (Kurt Vonnegut, Dorothy Parker, Oscar Wilde).

“Are you an animal lover? And what is your favourite animal?”

EK: I’m a vegetarian who has two recscued dogs (Harry and Faye, pic Below). As you can guess, I’m a sucker for dogs, but there really isn’t an animal I don’t like. Maybe bees and wasps. Yeah, I kinda hate those.

“Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, which out the 3 is your favourite series and why?”

EK: Well, I definitely have a soft spot for SGU since I was with it from the beginning. My favorite SGU episodes are Time, Malice and Divided. My favorite SG1 eps are 200, Window of Opportunity and Grace , and my favorite SGA eps are Tabula Rasa, 38 Minutes, and Vegas.

“What direction do you see the Syfy channel heading in the future?”

EK: I think we’ll stick with this name for a while. Personally, I’d love to see some comedies on the channel, and I wouldn’t mind something a little spookier than we’re used to either.

“Do you believe in the existance of Ghosts, as Syfy is big on the whole Ghost Hunters thing, what do you think of the 3 shows currently on your network?

EK: I do believe in ghosts. I was raised Cuban Catholic in New Orleans, so I’m not sure if it was possible for me not to. Ghost Hunters is one of our biggest series, and I definitely get the appeal. My favorite of the three is Ghost Hunters International because I can watch it and pretend I’m traveling.

“What happened with Legend of the Seeker?, if anything did happen, fans around the world have been mailing networks requesting this series be picked up by Syfy, as it averaged around 2.2 million viewers on ABC, why wasn’t this picked up? Was the asking price by ABC/Disney too high? The show is currently im limbo with no one wanting to pick up, do you think you could make a miracle happen Erika? I think you’d have to agree itd be perfect for the Syfy channel.”

EK: I am constantly impressed with the level of dedicated that LOTS fans have for the series. It’s definitely an entertaining show, and I have to admit I kind of wish I was Cara. Honestly, I wasn’t a part of the decision making process, but I can say from experience that sometimes not enough love in the world can save a show that needs a new network.

“When can we expect to start seeing promos for the new show on Syfy?”

EK: Do you mean SGU? I expect right after Comic Con. We have one amazing trailer that will premiere there. Ha, this answers shows how long ago I started answering these. Sorry.

“You still oversee the Writers on the Verge program, right? Do you just deal with the Finalists or do you have any say in who is picked (do you read the submissions)?”

EK: Sadly, I no longer oversee WOTV. Syfy let me finish out the cycle that was happening when I came over here, but after that they put a new person in my former position, the lovely Karen Horne. When I was there I read every single essay and resume, the first 5 pages of every script, and all of about 50% of the scripts.

“In the program, do you ever see college-aged finalists? People from all over the country?

EK: We take all kinds. Youngest Finalist had just graduated College. Several Finalists have come from out of state.

“Are you a dog or a cat person, or both?”

EK: Dogs rule, cats will be tolerated after copious amounts of allergy medication.

“What are your views on our ‘non-acceptance’ of the demise of SGA?”

EK: I respect that view. It took me a very long time to accept the demise of several series, Freaks and Geeks and Dead Like Me among others.

“What is your favourite part of the job?”

EK: I love so much of it, but I’d have to say my favorite part is working to make every episode the best they can be. I’m always ready to dig deeper and push further.

“Do you get to travel a lot?”

EK: Yes I do. I’m in Vancouver about once a month, NY every few months and I spent the last month in Toronto. Smackdown has expanded that travel to all parts of the country.

“Ohhh I just checked your twitter and see that you hail from New Orleans. That is one place I am definitely going to go, could you please recommend a couple of your favourite restaurants?”

EK: Fantasy New Orleans eating day: Breakfast at Commanders Palace, Lunch at the now non-existent Mystic Pizza, Dinner at Café Lebanon or Five Happiness, and drinks at the Columns. Then of course, late night Beignets from Café Du Monde.

“@Ms. Kennair – Can you please use your talents and influence to push for an Atlantis movie, and can you please push for Teyla and John becoming a couple in that movie?”

EK:: MGM is the one in charge of movies, but if it comes up, I can definitely see where Teyla is at these days.

“Is there any way, any way at all, to fund an SGA continuation as a Movie of the Week (you could put MegaBug Wraith in it!) or as a mini-series?”

EK: Sadly MegaBug/Wraith hybrids don’t really test well. I would think a nice Sharktolucian or a Pirahnarreplicator may do better.

“How important is the Stargate franchise for Syfy channel?”

EK: The Stargate franchise is extremely important as it’s our longest running franchise, and it is pure science fiction.

“Question for Erika: How old are you? You don’t look very old in the picture Joe’s been showing us. Also, just what does a Director of Development do?”

EK: I get that one quite a bit. I just turned 30. My mom got carded until she was in her 40s, so I’ve decided it’s a good thing. Thanks.

And this just in! Check out this outtake from SGU’s “Awakening”.
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ult-admission/

October 30, 2010

Photos: Tim, Tio, Mike, Ken, Dave, Ian, Chad, Daryl, Sarah, Snow monkey aka Joe, Troy

Normally, this blog is a place of refuge for me from some of life’s grimmer realities. It’s a sanctuary of sorts, an online oasis where the focus is on food and fun, production and puppies – although, occasionally, it does touch on a few of the hardships I’ve faced: The sheer impossibility of eating a mango!. Well, today, this blog takes a serious turn. I’m setting aside the hilarity to touch on a personal issue I’ve long denied but can no longer ignore. It needs to be addressed, and I’ve decided that the best way to do so is to come clean. Publicly.

They say that the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Well, I have a problem.

I am a fantasy football junkie.

I know, I know. I look perfectly normal. But the truth is it’s all an elaborate facade – the work productivity, the genial social interaction, my seeming ability to hold a conversation without having my mind drift to whether or not I should bench Lance Moore this Sunday. There was a time I looked down on fantasy football enthusiasts with their seemingly endless obsessing over game stats and the latest injury reports. I felt actually sorry for them, these shells of human beings, wondering how any sane person could allow themselves to fall so far.

Well, when it happened to me, I didn’t even see it coming. I remember the day. I was sitting in my office, talking to Ivon, when a member of the production crew swung by and asked whether we’d be interested in joining the Stargate NFL Fantasy League. To be perfectly honest, I’d dabbled in the softer stuff (ie. the annual NCAA office pool) but Fantasy Football was something I’d never end considered trying. Ivon, no doubt sensing danger, passed, but I thought “What the hell!” and signed up. What was the harm in a little experimentation? I figured it would be a minor distraction, something to make NFL Sundays just a little more interesting. And it was. Until my Snow Monkeys lost their first game despite scoring a respectable 84.14 points. I was disappointed. Still, the fact that the team put in a good showing despite the loss gave me hope that we could turn things around. And, come week two, we did even better, improving on the previous week’s showing by putting up 99.08.

Only to lose again.

At this point, I was passed annoyed. If the whole league was averaging 100 points or so, I’d have dismissed it as part of the game, but the fact was few teams were scoring more points than I was in those first few weeks – only the teams I happened to be playing! I decided that my Snow Monkeys could benefit from a little more attention, just enough to secure me that first win after which I would ease up. That’s all I wanted. Just that one win after which I could redirect my focus back to more mundane matters (ie. work, relationships, remembering to feed the dogs, etc.). So I began paying more attention to stats and the latest injury reports, reading expert analysis and adjusting my line-up accordingly. In short, I had started down that slippery slope. Still, I went into week 3 with a certain sense of confidence that my luck was about to turn. I ended up scoring a respectable 84.94 points.

Only to lose to yet another 100+ point! W-T-F?!!!

THAT did it! I shifted full focus to my Snow Monkeys, cutting the dead weight and scouring the waiver wire for sleepers. I redoubled my efforts to secure that first win – wading through endless stats, injury reports, and expert analyses from first thing in the morning to late into the night. And then, finally, week four: 99.98 points and my first win! I was ecstatic. I’d never felt so alive! I’ve seen people go on about the almost transcendent bliss of shooting heroin for the first time or witnessing the birth of their first child born, but surely those experiences couldn’t compare to what I felt at that moment. My first win! I was on a roll! My Snow Monkeys were unstoppable! It was an exhilarating high.

That was followed by a crushing low the following week when I lost to the undefeated Militia.

Finally, last Monday, I hit rock bottom after my Monkeys put up 103.06 points only to bow to the All-Stars’ 113.66. And it was while I lay awake in bed that night, anxious, sweating, regretting Percy Harvin’s inability to get that second foot down in the endzone and my decision to start Robert Meachem of the hapless Saints over gimpy Cowboys’ wideout Dez Bryant that I realized I had a problem.

So, like I said, admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. With that done, I’ve moved onto step #2: benching Robert Meachem in favor of Dez Bryant. I feel better already. Thanks for allowing me to get this off my chest and for being so supportive and understanding. Pray for me. And also pray for my Snow Monkeys who go into this weekend with Matt Schaub as their quarterback facing the Colts in Indy.

Now, I’d like to a moment to shine the spotlight of shame on the enablers who continue to help feed my addiction on a weekly basis -

Name: Tim

Team: Tim Holtby’s Militia

Record: 6-1

Season highlight to date: Starting 6-0 and simply crushing the competition along the way.

Season lowlight to date: Beaten by a team with a starter on IR and a logo depicting a pug in a pink sweater.

Name: Tio

Team: Tio’s Nuclear Explosion (But it changes every week).

Record: 4-3

Season highlight to date: Pulling off massive multi-player trade to land Titans’ RB Chris Johnson in a playoff push.

Season lowlight to date: That mysterious “member of the production crew” I mentioned who was dispensing fantasy league slots like not so much as cheap crack? Look no further.

Name: Mike

Team: Bailey’s Irish Creamers

Season highlight to date: That impressive 4-0 start to the season.

Season lowlight to date: The ensuing three weeks. In the words of Fred Willard’s Mike Lafontaine: “Wha happened?”.

Name: Ken

Team: Ken Ga Roo Colts

Season highlight to date: Any week the Indianapolis Colts do well since his team is made up of most of their players. No doubt he’d have drafted their towel boy if there’d been room on his roster.

Season lowlight to date: Week 7 = Indianapolis colts BYE week. Ouch.

Name: Dave

Team: Dave’s All Stars

Season highlight to date: Beating my Snow Monkeys last weekend despite my scoring 100+ points and his losing his QB early in the game.

Season lowlight to date: Well, as far as I’m concerned, see above.

Name: Ian

Team: Ian’s Lightning

Season highlight to date: Not dropping Raiders’ RB Darren McFadden when he was injured, then starting him in week 7 for 111 points!

Season lowlight to date: A 1-3 start including an anemic 49.70 week 4 performance that included a failure to start a TE – even though he had two riding the bench.

Name: Chad

Team: Vancity Viktors

Season highlight to date: A late three game win streak including last weekend’s impressive 131.74 point offensive display.

Season lowlight to date: Hopefully this weekend when they receive an epic beatdown at the paws of the fearsome Snow Monkeys. Also, last week’s decision to start a player on his BYE week was, in retrospect, a suspect strategy.

Name: Daryl (not pictured)

Team: I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!

Record: 3-4

Season highlight to date: Three straight 100+ point games.

Season lowlight to date: Where to begin? If his team management skills were as good as his trash-talking, he’d be undefeated. A week after sitting WR Brandon Lloyd – who went on to put up 25.50 points – he declares a Meathead award to be bestowed upon the team owner who makes the worst managerial decision of the weekend…then gives himself the award the following week for benching Roy Williams who goes on to put up 14.80 points. He rectified this error by starting Roy Williams the following week – for a grand total of 0.00 points. The week after that, poor managerial decisions result in his leaving 23.70 points on the bench. It culminates in a meltdown post in which he harangues the other team owners for not taking his trade offers seriously enough, then derides their managerial decisions.

Name: Sarah

Team: Petunia’s Crew

Record: 3-4

Season highlight to date: Beating the formerly unbeaten Militia last week.

Season lowlight to date: Starting an inactive player against the unbeaten Militia (and still winning! Okay, maybe we can move this one up to the highlight section).

Name: Come on! You know my name!

Team: The Snow Monkeys

Record: 2-5

Season highlight to date: That first glorious win in week 4.

Season lowlight to date: Last weekend’s bitter, bitter defeat despite another 100+ point performance. I mean COME ON!!!

(awaiting updated picture)

Name: Ryan

Team: Kozmynka

Season highlight to date: Managing to eke out a week 7 win with Jay Cutler as his quarterback.

Season lowlight to date: Trading away RB Chris Johnson. Have a feeling that move will come back to haunt.

Name: Troy

Team: TRM

Season highlight to date: Snagging Wide Receiver Kenny Britt off waivers!

Season lowlight to date: Having Kenny Britt score 40.50 points – while sitting on his bench. Team TRM goes on to lose the weekend match-up by 12.

With six playoff spots up for grabs and seven more weeks to go in our fourteen week Fantasy League season, we’re all still in it!

Some more than others.
      sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...alloween-haul/

October 31, 2010

Photo: Candy

I prepared for Halloween night by swinging by my local eclectic sweet shop and picking up a bunch of candy I’d personally enjoy eating in the very likely event a grand total of four kids end up visiting the house like last year. Among the highlights of the selection -

Fun Dip: What kind of a mad genius came up with this? Edible dipping sticks and multi-flavored powder in individual pockets. It just seemed like too much trouble when I was young – which is exactly why I picked them up. What better way to instill children with a work ethic? Either that or really annoy them. Win win.

Cigarette candy: I thought this stuff was outlawed! How politically incorrect. I mean, how could I NOT hand this out to those impressionable little tykes. They’ll be the coolest looking kids in the schoolyard.

Blood Suckers: No idea, but vampires are hot. Surprisingly, no tie-in treats for similarly hot commodities like zombies and Chilean miners.

Sweet Tarts: I only picked these up because the guys at work like them. Don’t repeat that.

Bottlecaps: I loved these as a kid! Root beer, please. I always kind of wished they’d make Fresca as well.

Pop Rocks: I’ll dispense along with some sound advice – well, actually, more a completely baseless urban legend of the kid who ate them while drinking cola and blew his head off. Awesome.

Nerds and Razzles: No idea. They just sound Halloweeen appropriate. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were the same thing.

Variations of the sour theme: This stuff is truly horrid. So I figure the kids’ll love it. Needless to say, these’ll be the first to go.
        sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ouis-ferreira/

November 1, 2010

Video: Louis Ferreira

Curse the Seattle Seahawks’ offensive line and the team’s inability to establish a running game. Thanks to them – and several other notable underachievers, my Snow Monkeys head into tonight’s Monday night game needing a monster night from both QB Matt Schaub and RB Arian Foster to pull off an unlikely week 8 victory. At this point, it’s not looking good. Thanks-for-nothings also go out to WR’s Dez Bryant and Brandon Marshall. Also, TE Tony Moeaki. As the regulation time was ticking down in the KC game, I was cursing myself for having unwittingly started an inactive player only to realize that Moeaki WAS active – but only in the theoretical sense. I’m hitting the waiver wire hard tomorrow.

Anyone watch the premiere of AMC’s The Walking Dead? That’s a rhetorical question because, in fact, MANY did. 5.3 million viewers is pretty damn impressive and, frankly, well-deserved. Beautifully shot and wonderfully written with great performances all around. And, have to agree with #1 zombie fan Ivon Bartok – those were probably the best-looking zombies I’ve ever seen. Creepy good!

Louis Ferreira (a.k.a. Stargate: Universe’s Colonel Everett Young) swung by my office today to say hi – giving me the opportunity to throw a few more of your fan questions at him. Today’s question -

How was it to have Robert Carlyle as a director for one episode of season two?

Great answer – up until he’s interrupted by my cellphone’s Yolandi Vi$$er ringtone...

Oooh, some interesting developments abound. A tricky first step finally negotiated. Less cryptic revelations to come!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post

November 1, 2010

Curse the Seattle Seahawks’ offensive line and the team’s inability to establish a running game. Thanks to them – and several other notable underachievers, my Snow Monkeys head into tonight’s Monday night game needing a monster night from both QB Matt Schaub and RB Arian Foster to pull off an unlikely week 8 victory. At this point, it’s not looking good. Thanks-for-nothings also go out to WR’s Dez Bryant and Brandon Marshall. Also, TE Tony Moeaki. As the regulation time was ticking down in the KC game, I was cursing myself for having unwittingly started an inactive player only to realize that Moeaki WAS active – but only in the theoretical sense. I’m hitting the waiver wire hard tomorrow.

Anyone watch the premiere of AMC’s The Walking Dead? That’s a rhetorical question because, in fact, MANY did. 5.3 million viewers is pretty damn impressive and, frankly, well-deserved. Beautifully shot and wonderfully written with great performances all around. And, have to agree with #1 zombie fan Ivon Bartok – those were probably the best-looking zombies I’ve ever seen. Creepy good!

Louis Ferreira (a.k.a. Stargate: Universe’s Colonel Everett Young) swung by my office today to say hi – giving me the opportunity to throw a few more of your fan questions at him. Today’s question -

How was it to have Robert Carlyle as a director for one episode of season two?

Great answer – up until he’s interrupted by my cellphone’s Yolandi Vi$$er ringtone...

Oooh, some interesting developments abound. A tricky first step finally negotiated. Less cryptic revelations to come!
            "Interesting developments" huh? That sounds very interesting things are...developing...that are interesting. Look forward to hearing more.

Enjoyed the Louise Ferreira vid. Great guy.

Thanks for the new Joe Mallozzi blog update, Jumper.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...gate-set-pics/

November 2, 2010

Photos: David Blue, Alaina Huffman, Mike Dopud, David, Tiffany

Snow Monkeys Win! Snow Monkeys Win! Down 17+ points going into the Monday night game, my Snow Monkeys scratched, bit, and clawed their way to victory over the Vancity Viktors, improved their record to 3-5, and positioned themselves one game out of that final playoff spot.

A new episode of Stargate: Universe airs tonight at 9:00 p.m. on SyFy – and it’s one of my favorites: Trial and Error. For a sneak peek at tonight’s action as well as a little insight from actress Alaina Huffman (SGU’s Lieutenant Tamara “TJ” Johansen) head on over to Curt Wagner’s blog:

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/show...and-error.html

And, while you’re in the neighborhood, why not check out Curt’s behind-the-scenes piece on that outtake from episode 3, Awakening, that has been making the internet rounds:

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/show...e-outtake.html

A couple of very dusty days on set saw various members of the cast and crew walking around, doing some spot-on imitations of ghosts, ghouls, and the living dead. Actor Louis Ferreira stopped by my office to chat and ended up leaving a powder trail of oat, bran, and what I believe to be wood shavings in his wake.

Now go watch Stargate: Universe, then come back here and let me know your thoughts.

Today’s entry is dedicated to blog regular Lisa R. and her hubby.
              sigpic

Comment

Seems like Joe's and Paul eps have become most of my favorites of the series. No wonder I loved SGA season 4!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                  "Interesting developments" huh? That sounds very interesting things are...developing...that are interesting. Look forward to hearing more.

Enjoyed the Louise Ferreira vid. Great guy.

Thanks for the new Joe Mallozzi blog update, Jumper.
                  Probably just the MGM deal going through.

Comment

November 3, 2010

Photos: Art Department work for Awakening, Julie McNiven, Carl Binder

Finished up the script for the second issue of the comic book. It was a little tricky getting used to the format – and, truth be told, there are still elements that don’t make sense to me. It took me about a week to write the script for issue #1 (which is comprised of the tease and first two acts of the pilot), then, having got the hang of it, about a day and a half to write the script for issue #2 (comprised of the final three acts of the pilot including the big reveal). Paul will go over them this weekend and they’ll hopefully be in our editor’s hands by late next week – at which point the search for a suitable artist will kick into high gear. I’ll also send off to an email to Kevin and Dave and get the official okay to release the details on the future comic/graphic novel/t.v. series and/or movie.

Other interesting projects loom including one that – if all falls into place – will see us re-teamed with an old friend who’ll be BEHIND the camera this time.

On the SGU side, we’re all focused on episode #20, Gauntlet, which starts shooting next week. This one’ll raise (and singe) a few eyebrows – and set the stage for some major season 3 developments.

I think Ashleigh may be losing her mind. Today, she insisted Rhianna was better than The Prodigy. With a straight face no less! Puleeeze. The trifecta of Invaders Must Die, Stand Up, and Breathe alone blows away the entire career output of Rhianna, Beyonce, Celine, and those other four clones combined. I mean, seriously.

Over the past few days, several of you have asked me to dish on some of the stories we had in mind for Stargate: Atlantis’s sixth season. I actually covered this in a blog entry not long after the show’s cancellation. In it, I list not one, not two, but twenty of the ideas we had in store: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...n-au-season-6/

My Snow Monkeys just completed their first trade, sending WR Lance Moore to the Ken Ga Roo Colts in exchange for RB Brandon Jackson. With Marshawn Lynch floundering behind that weak Seahawk OL, I’ll happily take the Packer running back hosting the woeful Cowboys in Green Bay. Having Robert Meachem made the trade all that easier. Who needs two Saints receivers anyway? Especially this season.

Art Department work for episode 203, Awakening.

Destiny docks with the seed ship.

In the room, we kept alternating between calling it a “seed” ship and a “seeder” ship until Paul got fed up with everyone suggesting this spaceship may actually have been made out of cedar (as opposed to, say, pine) and requested we stick to “seed ship”.

The lovely Julie McNiven kickin’ back between set-ups for episode…well, an episode you haven’t seen yet.

A wonderful actress and an incredible sweetheart.

That’s what you call a “hull breach”.

They don’t get much breachier.

What secrets lie beyond these doors?

Tune in to next week’s episode to find out.

And if you’re going to bring snacks, make sure you have enough for everyone.

Hey! HEY! Where the hell does Atlantis think IT’S going?!!

It’s Wednesday afternoon and that means...

It’s Carl’s turn to play in the magic circle!!!

And more from my sit-down with actor Louis Ferreira, Stargate: Universe’s Colonel Everett Young.

Today’s question: What is your favorite genre to work in and why?

His answer will no doubt surprise.

And confuse.
                    sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...d-shots-links/

November 4, 2010

Photos: Dinner, headshot gallery

When Akemi told me she’d been checking out a language school in the city’s Gastown district, I warned her to be careful. It isn’t the best of neighborhoods, frequented by junkies, pickpockets, and Ashleigh. For her part, Ashleigh took exception to my warning, insisting the area is perfectly safe – which is the same thing she said about a month ago when, while we were out for dinner in the area, I was called out by a drunk homeless man who called me out like Donald Sutherland in the final scene to Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978).

So, last night we were out for dinner in Ashleigh’s perfectly safe neighborhood when I happened to glance out the window and notice two guys arguing. The one guy throws a punch. Then the other guy whips out a container and sprays the other guy with what looked like seltzer. The ensuing chase ends with both guys down on the ground, beating the living daylights out of each other as tear-streaked onlookers scatter for the safety of the surrounding bars and restaurants. By the time the fire truck arrived, the guys were long gone – but the bear spray still hung in the air like a Tabasco mist.

How is it that **** only goes down in Ashleigh’s perfectly safe hood whenever I happen to be in the area? Quite the coincidence, no?

Evening entertainment aside, it was another fabulous meal at Cobre where Akemi experienced Latino cuisine for the first time. Her favorite dish...

She wasn’t a fan of a couple of dishes, only because they contained what she refers to as pakachi (aka coriander, aka cilantro, aka Chinese parsley, aka Lord Robert Cooper’s Bane). Apparently, the Japanese in general are not fans of the herb. The Japanese and the odd Stargate Exec. Producer/Creator/Writer/Director.

So, in the main corridor of the production offices is a headshot gallery of the various actors either starring or guesting in whatever episode happens to be shooting at the time. Usually, the headshots are your standard 8×10′s close-ups. But, sometimes, the gang in the office get a little creative. Clearly, someone misses the days of Arts & Crafts...

Steve Eramo gave me the heads up that he’s just posted a new interview with actor Brian J. Smith (SGU’s Lieutenant Matthew Scott) on his blog: http://scifiandtvtalk.typepad.com/sc...l-soldier.html

And he’s also posted the second half of his Q&A with actress Rachel Luttrell (SGA’s Teyla Emmagan) here: http://scifiandtvtalk.typepad.com/sc...ns-part-2.html
                      sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-camera-prank/

November 5, 2010

Whew! Busy day! Shooting those scenes outstanding from The Hunt over on Stage 4. Boy, does that second level set look awesome. I took plenty of pics. A little spoilery…but a very cool spoilery so I may consider posting next week.

Watched the Day 2 mix of #210, Resurgence, with the VFX finals. Wow! An explosive episode to take us into the mid-season break.

Also watched a Day 2 mix of #209, Visitation. I had my reservations about this particular story early on but I must admit that the near-finished episode is both engaging and thought-provoking.

AND also watched the director’s cut of #219, Blockade. Well, if we weren’t low on ammo before we certainly will be after this episode. Great performances all around (as usual) but David Blue is especially good in this one. And the ending…well, what happens to one character is heartrending – but such is life.

Continuing our Q&A with actor Louis Ferreira (SGU’s Colonel Everett Young).

Today’s question: “Can you tell us about the infamous camera prank you pulled on Mr. Carlyle.”

Apologies for the quality of the video. For some reason, the auto-focus decided to take this question off...
                        sigpic

Comment

master prank!

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...d-shots-links/

November 4, 2010

Photos: Dinner, headshot gallery
                            I'm soooooo rapt...the headshot gallery image of Patrick was my photoshop image I did months ago.

Cheers, webgurl
                            sigpic

Comment

that;s an epic prank
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                                that;s an epic prank
                                the last one si the best
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment