Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
    The same place he always gets BS numbers from
    I did not realize he was way off on the international numbers as well. I was just scratching my head when he said SG-1 was getting a 2.0 rating when it was canceled. SG-1 would of been likely renewed if it was getting a 2.0 rating at that time.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
      Yes, believing information about the show from a forum mod who changes his tune as often as Brian over one of the actual producers of the show makes much more sense. It's funny how these revelations about Syfy being willing to renew for a 6th season, and the blame being squarely on MGM's shoulders only surface after the cancellation of SGU when Syfy is in need of some damage control...
      There's no way to obfuscate that JM is lying about the ratings, they are known facts. Facts that JM continuously gets wrong whilst trying to BS about how many people stopped watching his lousy show.
      -

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        I did not realize he was way off on the international numbers as well. I was just scratching my head when he said SG-1 was getting a 2.0 rating when it was canceled. SG-1 would of been likely renewed if it was getting a 2.0 rating.
        Yeah there's spinning and there's flat out lying, he's moved on from spinning quite a while back.
        -

Comment

OK, can you guys actually prove what SG-1 got in its final seasons......
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
            OK, can you guys actually prove what SG-1 got in its final seasons......
            Dude are you serious? It's right on Gateworld for everyone to see.

Here are the Syfy coverage ratings for S10 -

The average = 1.39
            -

Comment

Mallozzi:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-more-mailbag/

Jeffrey also writes: “ As far as costs go, your telling us in truth that inflation, increasing dollar parity, and rising production costs account for the entire increase in budget that SGU received?”

Answer: Most of it, yes. It doesn’t take a genius to see the truth in this.
              Wright:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...revealed.shtml

The series was pitched to SCI FI Channel last fall, just before the writer's strike -- which put a hold on the project. "The pitch was received very well," Wright said. "[But] we pitched an expensive series -- the idea we have is not cheap. I think we've proven ourselves, so ... 'Can we please have enough money to do it right this time?' And, if not, then honestly I don't want to do it. Why do it wrong?"
              Another contradiction of TPTB.

And this is also interesting:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...revealed.shtml

The strike and the potential cost of Stargate Universe are not the only reasons the show is not yet moving forward.

"Part of the reason it's taking a while is that Atlantis is currently on-going, and because we didn't want to go into development with anything during the writer's strike -- because it seemed inappropriate. Even though we're Canadian, we recognized it is for the American marketplace."

"Internally, Robert and I are a little bit torn, because we had such a great time making The Ark of Truth and Stargate: Continuum. Making one or two of those a year would be a damn fine thing to do! Honestly, it takes up a big chunk of time writing it, a big chunk of time making it, and then the post on a movie is more than twice as complicated as post on the biggest episodes. So it's not like you can just knock one off while you're making a television show. It's just too much."

Wright said that he is not anxious to return to a schedule that requires the Vancouver team to produce 40 hours of television each year, indicating that Stargate Universe may wait until Atlantis has concluded its run.
              Wright said outright, that SGA was in the way of SGU. And surprise, surprise, SGA was cancelled a few months later. What a coincidence!

And it seems making a series and movies at the same time is "just too much". I guess that is the real reason, why the SGA and SG1 movies weren't made. They simply didn't want to have so much work at once again.

Comment

Only that I've been saying that for 2 years now.
                The claims must have been few and far between then, as I've been an active member for about 5 years and this is the first I've heard of them.

So, you are saying the producers did everything they could to save SGA? After their behavior now with SGU, I highly doubt SGA was even a thought to be saved which it did not, imo, since it was very renewable if there was no SGU on the plate.
                Brad was willing to put SGU off for a season so that SGA could have a sixth, while Syfy wouldn't wait and insisted that SGU be pressed into production. Syfy wouldn't wait to have SGU, and (presumably) MGM/the producers didn't want to make two shows at a time, so the the 'blame' for the Atlantis cancellation was shared. All of the information had then, and now (from actual credible sources) suggests that it was a mutual decision to cancel SGA and move forward with SGU, not the single blame of MGM - which you seem to want to convince everyone of after the cancellation backlash.

No offense, the producers have changed their tunes many times. I've stuck with my tune, and now we are getting more and more evidence towards that tune.
                In regard to Syfy being open to a sixth season of SGA? We have zero so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Beka View Post

And it seems making a series and movies at the same time is "just too much". I guess that is the real reason, why the SGA and SG1 movies weren't made. They simply didn't want to have so much work at once again.
                  if that's true, split it up and give sgu to mallozzi/wright/cooper, and the movies to another producer (that wants to see them done). that could be a nice compromise, and please ALL sides of the franchise.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Back in November 2009 I tweeted Syfy's Craig Engler about my unhappiness that Atlantis had been canceled, he replied:
                    "MGM makes Stargate, not us. We just license it in the U.S. They are the only ones who can bring back SGA or make a movie."
                    Which kind of implied to me that if they had been provided with a 6th season or a movie, Syfy would have aired it. Who knows, could be more spin to placate an upset SGA fan, but I tend to believe that Syfy was all for another season of SGA and it was on MGM/Wright and Cooper's end that didn't see it getting made.

Comment

KEK, your thoughts are all over the place. It was open for 2 series to run again, BW did not want to do 40 hours of TV, MGM had financial woes and likely could not afford two series. Syfy would of welcomed SGA or SGU, or even both. Why is that so hard to comprehend? It never went down as "SGA is not performing so we are canceling it" That NEVER happened. I'm not blaming SGA's cancelation on anyone, it is just fustrating how things went down. SGA was supposed to be in the movie market, now 2 years has gone by and we have nothing, not even a greenlight for one movie. So it kinda irks people when SGA WAS canceled to move into the movie market yet there are no movies. lol.
                      sigpic

Comment

KEK, your thoughts are all over the place. It was open for 2 series to run again, BW did not want to do 40 hours of TV, MGM had financial woes and likely could not afford two series. Syfy would of welcomed SGA or SGU, or even both. Why is that so hard to comprehend? It never went down as "SGA is not performing so we are canceling it" That NEVER happened. I'm not blaming SGA's cancelation on anyone, it is just fustrating how things went down. SGA was supposed to be in the movie market, now 2 years has gone by and we have nothing, not even a greenlight for one movie. So it kinda irks people when SGA WAS canceled to move into the movie market yet there are no movies. lol.
                        Indeed plus more indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Beka View Post

Wright said outright, that SGA was in the way of SGU. And surprise, surprise, SGA was cancelled a few months later. What a coincidence!

Rather than blame the Producers, perhaps consider that MGM (the one that gives them the money to make these shows) did not want to foot the bill for a sixth season of SGA and an expensive (to do it right) season of SGU. So a choice was made.

Just a thought.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucylee View Post
                            Back in November 2009 I tweeted Syfy's Craig Engler about my unhappiness that Atlantis had been canceled, he replied:
                            "MGM makes Stargate, not us. We just license it in the U.S. They are the only ones who can bring back SGA or make a movie."
                            Which kind of implied to me that if they had been provided with a 6th season or a movie, Syfy would have aired it. Who knows, could be more spin to placate an upset SGA fan, but I tend to believe that Syfy was all for another season of SGA and it was on MGM/Wright and Cooper's end that didn't see it getting made.
                            I agree, the move to end Atlantis seems to be on MGM, the way I interpret events.
                            sigpic

Comment

It was open for 2 series to run again, BW did not want to do 40 hours of TV, MGM had financial woes and likely could not afford two series. Syfy would of welcomed SGA or SGU, or even both. Why is that so hard to comprehend?
                              Nothing about it is hard to comprehend, but I'm not going to accept it as fact just because some random on an internet forum tells me so. Why would I take your word over one of the producers? Joe's just old us that Brad was willing to put SGU on hold while SGA ran it's sixth season, but Syfy wouldn't go for it, they wanted to press ahead with SGU. Neither side would make the concession necessary to have kept SGA on the air, so they're both to blame. It was a mutual decision, as all the evidence then and now suggests.

It never went down as "SGA is not performing so we are canceling it" That NEVER happened.
                              No one said it did, or at least I never.

I'm not blaming SGA's cancelation on anyone, it is just fustrating how things went down.
                              You've said repeatedly of late that it was MGM's fault, not Syfy's. This is what I'm disputing, and this is what Joe's comments refute. Whether Atlantis had the legs to run longer is neither here nor there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                                I agree, the move to end Atlantis seems to be on MGM, the way I interpret events.
                                I've always viewed TPTB as the one's who ended SGA. I'm not going to point fingers but there is a particular person I'm thinking of.

Comment

Working...
                                X