Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    trailers are the most spoilers i get involed with other then that i have no idea what's going to happen in season 1.5 or 2.0.
    Ditto. Been spoiled many times already on here though with people not using tags.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
      Ditto. Been spoiled many times already on here though with people not using tags.
      that'[s why i'm picking where i post and i've gotten good at skimming threads and not reading the whole thing.
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

that'[s why i'm picking where i post and i've gotten good at skimming threads and not reading the whole thing.
        Apparently I still need to work on the last part.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          Brave and stupid. Because I didn't leave GW and hope to stay spoiler-free.
          Ooops!

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...f-the-mailbag/

March 13, 2010

Photos: Dinner, SGU designs and schematics, Destiny shuttle

I had stir-fried broccoli for lunch today, using the recipe from the latest issue of Cook’s Illustrated as a guide. The first time I made the stri-fry, I used the stated amount of red pepper flakes. The second time out, I decided to go with jalapeno flakes instead. The third time, today, I decided to bump up the heat by doubling the amount of jalapeno flakes. It wasn’t until I sat down to eat that I realized I’d made a mistake. I hadn’t used jalapeno flakes. I’d used habanero instead. It took my mouth a full hour to recover.

Then for dinner tonight, I made myself some angel hair pasta with sea urchin. I used the package sea urchin sauce my friend Tomomi sent me from Tokyo, then supplemented that with some fresh sea urchin. Some diced garlic, a little olive oil, and a touch of cream completed the dish.

I also sampled two new (to me) fruit:

Ashleigh was quite excited to hear I’d picked these up. She gave me specific instructions on how to eat the prickly pear (warning against touching the fruit with my hands and, instead, telling me how to use a fork and knife to peel it), and referred to the passionfruit as snotfruit (“You’ll know why when you have one,”she assured me).

The second half of SGU’s first season premieres in a matter of weeks (April 2nd to be exact on Syfy) and so, in preparation for the big event, I continue my ongoing peek at some of the design work that went into the show’s first ten episodes. Today, we move on to episode #4, Fire

Congratulations. Yet another episode title guessed. For those of you keeping score:

Episode #6: TRIAL AND ERROR

Episode #7: THE GREATER GOOD

Episode #8: *A****

Episode #9: ???

Episode #10: RESURGENCE

Today’s entry is dedicated to PBMom, Deni and Summer!

Mailbag:

Charlie’s Angel writes: “Hi Joe — um, isn’t it ALEC Baldwin on 30 Rock?”

Answer: Right. I meant Alec Baldwin. Although Adam Baldwin is mighty terrific as well.

Cat4444 writes: “I’m wondering, though, if “Rob and Carl” spending their time watching director “Robert Carlyle” is in the same vein as “Adam” Baldwin on 30 Rock, or is he really directing an episode? If so, can you leak which one? Is it his first time as a director? Are you folks breaking him in gently, or just breaking him?”

Answer: Yep, Robert Carlyle is directing the first episode on the production schedule – which actually happens to be episode 4 in the airing schedule, Pathogen. No need to be gentle with Bobby. He’s incredibly well-prepared, knows the shots he wants and, more importantly, knows how to get them. He’s also got a fantastic cast and crew backing him up. And the dailies look great!

Rafael writes: “OMG!Erika Kennair is gorgeous!”

Answer: Yeah. We noticed. She’s also whip smart, witty, and an absolute sweetheart.

Brian M. White writes: “How are things gearing up on the SGA movie front?”

Answer: It’s been pretty quiet on the SGA movie front. However, there have been rumblings on the SG-1 movie front.

Brian M. White also writes: “By the way…How has your mom been doing since she left rehabilitation?”

Answer: She’s at home and well on her way to recovery, exercising every day.

Pilota writes: “The entry with the exotic fruit was fun. Ever try a naranjillo? I had one years ago in Ecuador and it was quite tasty. As an added bonus – the inside kinda looked like tiny alien eggs.”

Answer: Sold! I’ll have to track some down.

Niall McNamara writes: “I hope you can answer this question for me i talked to you a couple of moths ago my name is niall mcnamara, i am 14 and from britian what tips would you have of becomming a script writer because it has always been my dream to become one.”

Answer: First, I’d suggest picking up a good book on the craft of scriptwriting (I used Syd Field’s book when I was just getting started). Once you’ve got a good idea of how a script is structured and formatted, watch a lot of film and television and pay attention to things like act structure, plotting, and dialogue. Read scripts. Hell, read anything! Then, sit down and write your first script – be it based on an original idea or a spec based on an existing series. Give it to people you trust and have them criticize your work. If they have nothing but good things to say about it, then they’re wasting your time. Find someone who isn’t afraid to be honest with you. That’s the only way you’ll improve as a writer. Keep watching. Keep reading. Keep writing. Keep rewriting. Start with that.

Michelle writes: “Joe, I’ve noticed your pics lately are sort of soft-focused and the lights blow out the rest of the image. Is that on purpose to make everyone look younger or do you need to have one of your many local camera experts have a look at yours.”

Answer: How perceptive of you. I’m now on my third camera. Maybe I’m due for another upgrade.

Joel writes: “I’m pretty sure that this is not your department, but I’ll aks you anyway if there’s a chance that the right department will hear about this (*hint, hint*). Do you know if there will be a region 2 blu-ray release of SGU season one for us europeans?”

Answer: Sorry, Joel. Not my department.
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ntis-archives/

March 14, 2010

Photos: SGA's The Daedalus Variations pics

Don’t you hate it when you spend hours working out a very complicated script rewrite and head to bed satisfied with a job well done, only to wake up in the middle of the night with the horrible realization that the Volker character isn’t where he’s supposed to be, thereby throwing a wrench into the intricate choreography of that fifth act sequence you thought you’d solved? Yeah, so do I.

I think I might’ve injured myself while working out. Either that or I’m suddenly arthritic as my left hand has taken to aching like hell in the middle of the night. Guess I’ll switch off dumbbell training in favor of bodyweight exercises like crossfit for the time being. And, if that doesn’t help, I suppose I could just switch it out for one of those bionic replacements that’ll allow me to crack walnuts with my thumb and forefinger. Anyone have a connection at The Robotics Institute?

Thought I’d switch gears today and do a little something for the lonely Atlantis fans by reaching into the MGM photo archive and uploading some pics from the show’s last season. I believe when I left off, I’d posted a batch of snaps from season five’s third episode, Broken Ties. Moving on to episode four, The Daedalus Variations
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...f-the-mailbag/

Brian M. White writes: “How are things gearing up on the SGA movie front?”

Answer: It’s been pretty quiet on the SGA movie front. However, there have been rumblings on the SG-1 movie front.
                Wow. "Rumblings" huh? Good rumblings I hope.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                  Or an earthquake that will swallow any hope.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                    Or an earthquake that will swallow any hope.
                    Time will tell, my friend. It always does.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I...errr...I forgot about them deliberately.

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...episode-title/

March 15, 2010

Photos: SGU's Water designs and schematics

Wow. Hammering out a full blue draft rewrite of a fairly intricate first draft script was challenging, but it was a cake walk compared to selecting my teams for our annual office March Madness pool. On the one hand, the Yellow Jackets are very talented and have the potential to play spoiler but, on the other hand, they struggle against perimeter shooters and have proven themselves underachievers. Tennessee boasts impressive wins over two number one seeds (Kentucky and Kansas), yet they’re hurting and facing a road-tough opponent in San Diego State. The Butler Bulldogs ride a 20-game winning streak into the tourney, yet they’re up against UTEP, one of the best defensive teams in the nation. So who’s it gonna be? Perennial first-round winner Xavier or upstart Minnesota? Scrappy Marquette or the more athletic Huskies? Boilermakers or Saints? Demon Deacons or Longhorns? Tigers or Tigers? The thing that kills me is that I’ll spend hours painstakingly researching and analyzing the match-ups before making my picks and still end up losing to Ashleigh who’ll base her choices on which team has the cuter animal moniker. Those Golden Gophers are no doubt looking mighty fine right about now.

Still, I feel that this is the year I’ll break out of my rut and, if not win the office pool, then at the very least finish with a better record than Ashleigh. I’m confident because, after perusing previous tourneys, I’m applying time-tested logic to the selection process. So forget all of those so-called experts with their up-to-the-minute injury reports and match-up breakdowns. Here are Joe’s rules to picking your winning bracket:

1. Go with all the number one and number two seeds in the first round. They NEVER lose early.

2. Never pick a college that has been named after some guy (ie. Murray State).

3. Tourney teams with similar nicknames will cancel each other out in the great karmic scheme of things (ie. bulldogs, wildcats, tigers, aggies, etc.)

4. Avoid teams with goofy-looking team emblems (ie. that wacky Demon Deacon guy or that dude with the big orange head).

5. Cross off any team with a bear nickname be it grizzly or otherwise.

6. Avoid teams with nicknames that either don’t make a helluvalot of sense (ie. Cornell Big Red) or seem more amusing than imposing (ie. Wofford Terriers).

7. As your tourney picks progress, drop teams with colors in their names. So long Blue Devils. Sayanora, Golden Eagles.

8. Then, pick high-flying animal life over their earth-bound counterparts (ie. Cardinals over Blue Devils).

9. Lose any team with a nickname you can’t envision. Can you picture a Gael? No. Then say goodbye to St. Mary’s.

10. Lose any teams with historical trappings (ie. Spartans, Colonials)

11. Drop any team with a nickname indicative of a profession, hobby, or activity you’ve never personally partaken in (ie. Mountaineers, Miners, Volunteers).

12. In later match-ups, select the animal or human representative you would be least likely to invite over for dinner. For instance, I’d rather have a spider over for dinner than a combative Irishman – which would lead me go with Notre Dame over Richmond.

Your personal preferences and experiences will dictate your results but, using my 12 step method yields the following Final Four picks:

The Oklahoma State Cowboys, The Florida Gators, The Marquette Golden Eagles, and the Louisville Cardinals.

Hmmm. In retrospect, I should’ve just picked names out of a hat. Or gone with the team with the cuter animal moniker. I think Ashleigh’s on to something.

Hey, here’s a peek at another Art Department package – this one for SGU’s sixth episode, Water:

Guessing those next five episode titles…

Episode #8: *A***E

sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/03^/16/march-16-2010-i-finally-discover-my-true-calling-dinner-with-erika-atlantis-missing-memories-one-more-episode-title/

March 16, 2010

Photos: Erika Kennair, dinner, SGA's Missing designs

Some are born with natural musical ability. Others are gifted with athletic prowess. Still others find their calling in subtler but no less fulfilling pursuits: science, mathematics, literature. Me? I’m really good at hiding ****. Really, really good. I hide things so well that no one can find them. Not even me! Several months ago, it was a story outline that seemed to disappear…into thin air! More recently, it’s a laptop – specifically, my old laptop containing a bunch of documents my accountant requires in order to file my taxes. Vanished…without a trace. Impressive, no? Take THAT, David Blaine! I figure that when my days on Stargate finally draw to an end, I can start a second career as a magician. ”I say the magic words – Abracadabra – open the cabinet and – Presto! – he’s disappeared! Thank you, thank you. For my next trick…What’s that? You want your husband back now? Oh. That…could be a problem.”

Last night, Paul and I went to dinner with our SGU network point-person, Syfy’s Director of Development Erika Kennair

Switching gears on the Stargate Art Department front, here is some design work from Atlantis’s fifth season episode Missing

Multiple correct guesses. I believe the first one to get it was Chevron7…

Episode #8: MALIC

As for episode #9 – At this point, you guys know as much as I do.
                            sigpic

Comment

Malice*

Comment

I was wondering about that because I've never heard of the word......malic.

Comment

Working...
                                X