Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    Well, his stories aren't consistent so why should his blog be any different?
    So glad I didn't spit coffee all over the keyboard!

Comment

It's all about advertising and money, the more the you get, the happier you are.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Almighty_Wookie View Post
        It's all about advertising and money, the more the you get, the happier you are.
        yeah, they call it the television industry.
        Last I checked, anyways.
        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
        Yes, I am!
        sigpic
        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post

I find this soooo funny. Who said JM can't write comedy? Yes, he loves to bait the fans. Plus in his usual style, he manages to say a lot without really saying anything
          If you actually took the time to go back and read everything he's posted on his blog, well, yeah, there are some pretty holes in logic - Wait, wait, he needs a writer's bible for the blog, so he doesn't contradict himself
          For crying out loud, why don't you just spit in his face while you're at it?

What is wrong with this board? Why does everything have to have a deeper (and often malicious) meaning? From my point of view, Joe was defending the SCB guys from other people; why twist that into something else just because Joe likes to tease some fans?

Seriously, I see a lot of "fans vs. Joe" comments around this board; what are you all, O'Neill-Shep juniors? You have to rage against the MAN? Come on!

You guys are acting like children...and I'm probably acting like one too, but that doesn't negate that first fact.

Comment

Quote:
            Originally Posted by prion

I find this soooo funny. Who said JM can't write comedy? Yes, he loves to bait the fans. Plus in his usual style, he manages to say a lot without really saying anything

Quote:
            If you actually took the time to go back and read everything he's posted on his blog, well, yeah, there are some pretty holes in logic - Wait, wait, he needs a writer's bible for the blog, so he doesn't contradict himself

to which PG15 ranted

For crying out loud, why don't you just spit in his face while you're at it?

What is wrong with this board? Why does everything have to have a deeper (and often malicious) meaning? From my point of view, Joe was defending the SCB guys from other people; why twist that into something else just because Joe likes to tease some fans?

Seriously, I see a lot of "fans vs. Joe" comments around this board; what are you all, O'Neill-Shep juniors? You have to rage against the MAN? Come on!

You guys are acting like children...and I'm probably acting like one too, but that doesn't negate that first fact.

Why would I spit in his face? I find his comments highly amusing because he HAS contradicted himself several times. And he does bait the fans. Otehrwise, why put through posts of fans whining about the same thing over and over again? He likes it. If you don't, don't read his blog.

I never said what Joe wrote had a malicous meaning; in fact I can't recall anybody posting that he had 'evil' or 'malicious' intent. SOme people think he's a dreadful writer but that's personal opinion Heck, I wasn't even talking about the SCB (with whom I have no problem, by the way) in my post but obviously you assumed I was (or at least you'd better cut your comemnts to remark on better).

People ARE going to talk about Joe's comments in this thread because that's the topic. We can choose to dissect his meaning by studying his post. We're going to have differing opinions. If it rankles you that much, don't read them.

Comment

Why would I spit in his face? I find his comments highly amusing because he HAS contradicted himself several times. And he does bait the fans. Otehrwise, why put through posts of fans whining about the same thing over and over again? He likes it. If you don't, don't read his blog.
              Lack of censorship perhaps? This is exactly what I'm talking about. Of course he's trying to bait the fans by letting through all of those comments, or, juuuust maybe, he's trying to not censor anything? He has said on a few occasions that the only comments not allowed through is when they contain direct insults against the cast and crew at Bridge. But of course, with Joe, it's the option that makes him look bad for whatever reason.

And please, I like it just fine. In fact, I love it; I love his snarkiness against complete idiots making fools of themselves. That's what they deserve.

I never said what Joe wrote had a malicous meaning; in fact I can't recall anybody posting that he had 'evil' or 'malicious' intent. SOme people think he's a dreadful writer but that's personal opinion Heck, I wasn't even talking about the SCB (with whom I have no problem, by the way) in my post but obviously you assumed I was (or at least you'd better cut your comemnts to remark on better).
              Ok, perhaps I did assume things based on past things you've written. Sorry about that. But please, what did you mean when you said "Plus in his usual style, he manages to say a lot without really saying anything"? What did he say "a lot" of?

People ARE going to talk about Joe's comments in this thread because that's the topic. We can choose to dissect his meaning by studying his post. We're going to have differing opinions. If it rankles you that much, don't read them.
              Oh yeah, this old gem. Insults are insults, whether I read them or not. Besides, I don't even know why Joe's writing skills are even up for discussion here; this thread is about his blog, not his episodes, right?

Comment

I guess we're not allowed to joke on this thread anymore lest it be considered a filthy insult against poor ickle Joe-Joe.

Comment

That's the spirit.

Seriously though, of course you guys are allowed, I just won't personally like it and may rebutted for whatever reason. But then, why should you care what I think? And no, not being sarcastic there.

After all, this is a discussion board. Let's have some snarky fun.

Comment

Quote:
                    Otehrwise, why put through posts of fans whining about the same thing over and over again? He likes it. If you don't, don't read his blog.

PG15: Lack of censorship perhaps? This is exactly what I'm talking about. Of course he's trying to bait the fans by letting through all of those comments, or, juuuust maybe, he's trying to not censor anything? He has said on a few occasions that the only comments not allowed through is when they contain direct insults against the cast and crew at Bridge. But of course, with Joe, it's the option that makes him look bad for whatever reason.

Actually, by moderating his blog, he does control, manipulate, censor, what comes through. That's the perogative of anybody who runs a moderated comments section on a blog. What he chooses to put through - which contains questions, love letters and insults is his choice. He likes to see teh reaction, I'm sure. After all, it's not much different than reality TV

Quote:

PG15: Ok, perhaps I did assume things based on past things you've written. Sorry about that. But please, what did you mean when you said "Plus in his usual style, he manages to say a lot without really saying anything"? What did he say "a lot" of?

Sorry, but I've never referred to JM as evil or malicious. Stupid-idiotic- bad writer, yes, but never those two descriptions. Joe can type a lot of words, and when you actually dissect what he wrote, he's actually said nothing. No real answers, etc. He's a writer, he knows how to do it.

Quote:

PG15Oh yeah, this old gem. Insults are insults, whether I read them or not. Besides, I don't even know why Joe's writing skills are even up for discussion here; this thread is about his blog, not his episodes, right?

It's not an old gem, it's simply truth. It's the if you can't stand the fire, stay out of the kitchen adage which does have some validity. Of course JM's writing skills are up for discussion here. He's a writer on the show. His blog is written words. Otherwise, we'd be left discussing his photographic techniques!

Comment

Actually, by moderating his blog, he does control, manipulate, censor, what comes through. That's the perogative of anybody who runs a moderated comments section on a blog. What he chooses to put through - which contains questions, love letters and insults is his choice. He likes to see teh reaction, I'm sure. After all, it's not much different than reality TV
                      True, but that doesn't mean he's baiting fans now, does it? I mean, it's not like he's making up these pompous comments (he's not, ok? Really ), those people chose to write these pathetic excuses of typed up language and Joe, according to his posted criteria, posted them.

It's not his fault that most of the comments are stupid (actually, looking on today's massive comment load, that doesn't seem to be the case), it's the authors' faults.

Sorry, but I've never referred to JM as evil or malicious. Stupid-idiotic- bad writer, yes, but never those two descriptions. Joe can type a lot of words, and when you actually dissect what he wrote, he's actually said nothing. No real answers, etc. He's a writer, he knows how to do it.
                      I think you're getting too far into that extreme known as Ignore Land. Sure, Joe has thrown out cryptic comments in the past, and it's a mistake IMHO to read much into it, BUT, that doesn't mean the guy's a one trick pony; there is no denying that he has also thrown out short, precise answers, even though it's rare. Ignoring these is a mistake IMHO.

As for you saying malicious things; you're right, you haven't. But, again, you can't deny the excessive snark most of the time.

It's not an old gem, it's simply truth. It's the if you can't stand the fire, stay out of the kitchen adage which does have some validity. Of course JM's writing skills are up for discussion here. He's a writer on the show. His blog is written words. Otherwise, we'd be left discussing his photographic techniques!
                      Ah, but it's a gem of a truth. Seriously though, they guy isn't writing episodes on his blog, and if we're allowing talks of episode discussion here then a few pages from now we'll probably be talking about how much The Tower sucked or some such (even though Paul Mullie did the writing, but that's not important here). The guy is just writing his thoughts, and in case you haven't noticed, human thought isn't exactly contradiction free.

Comment

Unless you ARE Joe Mallozzi I don't see how you can claim to know for a fact what he's intending by ANYTHING he says or does. But hey, this is our place to say how we feel about Joe and his stuff, right? So if you can place him on the Pedestal of Perfection, we can knock it out from under him. And while you're more than welcome to try and tell us what we should and shouldn't say, we don't have to listen to you.
                        Last edited by ShadowMaat; 12 April 2007, 04:27 PM.

Comment

That's what I said, you don't have to listen to me, but this is a discussion forum, so I can whine about it if I wanted to.

Seriously though, I defend Joe because he hasn't given me any reason not to. You're right in that, there is no reason to really choose "Joe is just not censoring" over "Joe is baiting", but I guess I tend to think better of him since, well, he hasn't given me any reason not to (and the way he roast the idiots...tasty. ).

Comment

PG15 True, but that doesn't mean he's baiting fans now, does it? I mean, it's not like he's making up these pompous comments (he's not, ok? Really ), those people chose to write these pathetic excuses of typed up language and Joe, according to his posted criteria, posted them.

It's not his fault that most of the comments are stupid (actually, looking on today's massive comment load, that doesn't seem to be the case), it's the authors' faults.

Nope, but he does choose to put them through, so it's his choice to bait, stir the pot, etc. especially if some of the posts really have no merit - i.e., are not asking questions or are *****ing about other fans' behavior. I mean, geez, I can just stay on GW for that

I think you're getting too far into that extreme known as Ignore Land. Sure, Joe has thrown out cryptic comments in the past, and it's a mistake IMHO to read much into it, BUT, that doesn't mean the guy's a one trick pony; there is no denying that he has also thrown out short, precise answers, even though it's rare. Ignoring these is a mistake IMHO.

I'm just following a pattern he's established over a long period of time on his blog, on posts on other boards. I don't ignore his precise answers.

As for you saying malicious things; you're right, you haven't. But, again, you can't deny the excessive snark most of the time.

If I put in excessive sarcasm, I actually say it in the post. I don't deny it, but do put in a warning most of the time

Ah, but it's a gem of a truth. Seriously though, they guy isn't writing episodes on his blog, and if we're allowing talks of episode discussion here then a few pages from now we'll probably be talking about how much The Tower sucked or some such (even though Paul Mullie did the writing, but that's not important here). The guy is just writing his thoughts, and in case you haven't noticed, human thought isn't exactly contradiction free.

The thing is that all blogs, all LJs, all public means of communications like that are public because people want feedback. If he didn't want feedback, good or bad, he wouldn't have opened up the comment sections. Whenever a producer of a tv show writes in blogs, etc. to entice fan interaction, he's going to get it: he'll get the whackos, the people with an agenda, the ones who kiss up, the ones who swear, etc. It's the unfortunate nature of the internet. He seems to be fine with it.

Comment

Nope, but he does choose to put them through, so it's his choice to bait, stir the pot, etc. especially if some of the posts really have no merit - i.e., are not asking questions or are *****ing about other fans' behavior. I mean, geez, I can just stay on GW for that
                              Hehe, well, that's what you get for not censoring the idiots. I guess he's too thick skinned for his own good.

I'm just following a pattern he's established over a long period of time on his blog, on posts on other boards. I don't ignore his precise answers.
                              Same here. Wow, so all this time we actually agreed on this point?!

Comment

Okay, I'm a little confused how pointing out that JM is contradictory, likes stirring the fans, and doesn't always give useful answers is in any way malicious.

If he wanted to protect himself he could have quite easily kept to his original intention of keeping it a fairly work free blog. He chose to reply to questions, he chose to allow through comments which pitched one side of fandom against another. He knew full well what would happen since he had the GW blog where he acted in exactly the same way.
                                Sorry, but the man is a grown up with complete control of the situation, and doesn't need protecting from a little bit of snark.

Comment

Working...
                                X