Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    April 10

Anonymous #2 writes: “ Now that Paul has been contracted for two episodes in the back half of season 4 is there any chance to have a count on how many episodes Torri has been contracted for?”

Answer: So far, she has been contracted for four episodes.

[PG's note: Oh boy, I can already hear the "I knew it!!" coming from certain Weir fans. I wonder how much effort it's going to take to convince them that this could just be a coincidence...]
    Oh, we're definately going to hear about it !

Comment

April 10

Anonymous #2 writes: “ Now that Paul has been contracted for two episodes in the back half of season 4 is there any chance to have a count on how many episodes Torri has been contracted for?”

[PG's note: Oh boy, I can already hear the "I knew it!!" coming from certain Weir fans. I wonder how much effort it's going to take to convince them that this could just be a coincidence...]
      Ha, see. I knew it! Although I'm not a 'certain Weir fan' as hey, I like all the characters (well, have no problem with Kavanagh being gone; such a weasel). However, I think I'll go in and there ask "front or back half of season 4"....

Comment

[[i]PG's note: Oh boy, I can already hear the "I knew it!!" coming from certain Weir fans. I wonder how much effort it's going to take to convince them that this could just be a coincidence...]
        I hope you won't consider me one of those "Weir fans", but yes. I did know that was the number but couldn't say because it would compromise the person I heard it from.

Comment

I don't think you need to be a Weir fan to say "I knew it". Most people were speculating around that number anyway.

Comment

I haven't seen you around, so no.

I might have overstated it a bit. It's just that many fans were talking about Weir having 4 episodes before any confirmation (even Joe said that that wasn't the case, and that he didn't know the number), and pointing to TPTB as hiding the "truth" from them. Now that, miraculously/coincidentally, the number is indeed 4, I think we'll be looking at a lot of "liar" posts, if you know what I mean, which is just untrue from where I'm sitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
              I hope you won't consider me one of those "Weir fans", but yes. I did know that was the number but couldn't say because it would compromise the person I heard it from.
              I heard the number 'four' quite a while ago. Now to just find out where those four episodes are....

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                It hasn't even aired. Until then I don't think anyone can say this worked out well. And I am so sick of the Save campaigns, they have done nothing for my like of fandom, they may even have killed it. If the behaviour of some of those fans is what you call working together with TPTB then you have not read the posts I have.
                Has there been any other fandom with quite as many "Save" campaigns as this one? Personally, I'm beginning to find it verging on the embarassing.
                Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                I am more interested in whether the rest of the cast knew about this if indeed it was always planned. David Hewlett seem to be saying he thought Carson was gone.... or was it really as Paul implied. If enough people want it... *shrugs* this cannot be seen as a good way to make a TV show. And it makes such a lie out of what Joe said previousily about fans and influence.

This is one fraked up show.
                Stargate seems to be produced by committee, so adding a fan angle won't make it worse I suppose.

And I'm still on the side of; Planned?
                Originally posted by prion View Post
                Probably, but that's sorta sad that getting an actor is the big news. I mean, you can have Richard Burton, but if the script isn't hot, even he can't salvage it (thinking back to several horrid movies he'd made).
                It was never going to be generated by the writing.
                The only other thing that came to mind was being canned or picked-up early, but that wasn't going to happen.
                Even if a character is brought back, it's VERy rare that a character returns to the show full time ('cept Daniel Jackson).
                I dunno. I'm not entirely convinced Daniel Jackson did come back from the dead.

Comment

We do know Paul was indeed released from his contract. He even went to live in LA to audition (and is still there). Yes, TPTB may have always had a "just in case lets put in a back door", but using it was a result of many things. The fans are lucky Paul wants to go back and was available to sign for the episodes.

sigpic
                  www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                  Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

not from his blog but from the Q&A fro mthe save beckett site

Q: Can you give any insight as to why the decision was made to kill Carson in Season 3?

A: If I told you now, you wouldn’t buy the tell-all book I’m going to write when (if) Stargate ends.
                    i would love it if he wrote a tell all book and really enjoy his blog and would get a kick out of reading a tell all book on stargate.
                    Last edited by SGA4ever; 10 April 2007, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Actually, I've been holding my tongue on that; isn't it suspicious that the contract with Paul was finalized so quickly? I mean, from what we know, both parties seem to want this to happen, but still, contract negotiations should take a while, no?

Me thinks TPTB had this idea all along, to be honest.
                      They did have this planned all along. Check out the JM poem thread and look at the end of the poem.
                      sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
                      &
                      AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
                        They did have this planned all along. Check out the JM poem thread and look at the end of the poem.
                        TPTB wanted to shake up the show and there did for a while thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                          I know Joe said at the rally that if the SCBers could get coverage on certain networks he'd put Carson in two eps, which spurred them further (it was not a new thing though) and it gave them a bit of hope, which is never a bad thing.
                          That's exactly what I mean. Joe says, "Do this and you'll get what you want" and they jump to do it. That's how it appeared to me, anyway. And afterwards he comes along and basically goes, "Nyaa, nyaa, we were gonna do it anyway!" But hey, the end result is the same and I guess that's all that really matters. Or at least that's all that matters to some. *shrug*

It's good to know that the Carter fans won't be the only ones thrilled with season 4.

Comment

See, this is what I'm talking about:

Anonymous said...

Gee. I remember a bunch of people telling you they'd heard Torri was going to be in four episodes, and you ridiculed them. Looks like they were right all along. Their sources must be good.

If you've revealed it now because you think it looks good compared with Beckett, think again.

Since you said "so far", I presume that you mean the first half of the season. Have you looked at the second half yet?

The postcard campaign continues, by the way.
                            Oh, their sources were good alright, they actually have a time machine that allowed them to go forward in time to when Torri had a contract for 4 episodes (i.e. now, or close to now).

Or, it was a coincidence. I wonder which one's more plausible...

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten View Post
                              I wholeheartedly agree that TPTB had already planned to bring back Carson anyways... but you know what, I think it worked out well for everyone, regardless. The show got free advertising, and the fans had a chance to get out there and have fun. IMHO, that's what really counts. TPTB and the fans worked together and had fun with it. I have a huge amount of respect for that.
                              I agree with you here 100% Everyone got something out of it, perhaps not all they wanted, but there are no losers really.
                              Originally posted by xfkirsten View Post
                              I haven't been one to participate in Save campaigns myself... I've even been told by some people participating in one of them that I am "not a real fan" because I chose not to participate. And now you see why I've chosen not to associate myself with that behavior.

But just like everything else in life, there's people who are nasty about it, and those who have fun with it. To the people who fit the former description - get a life. To the people who fit the latter - you have my applause and respect!
                              Again, I agree. I'm sick of this 'you're not a real fan' rubbish. It doesn't surprise me that some would say if you don't participate in a Save campaign you're a second class fan. Personally, even if my favourite character got axed, I wouldn't get involved. I just couldn't be bothered, when I wouldn't be able to change anything anyway. However, the SCB's seem to have had much fun, and I really admire that.
                              I heard the number 'four' quite a while ago. Now to just find out where those four episodes are....
                              I'm really curious which eppies too! I have no idea where they're going with the Weir storyline, and JM obviously isn't giving away any clues in his blog.
                              See, this is what I'm talking about:

Oh, their sources were good alright, they actually have a time machine that allowed them to go forward in time to when Torri had a contract for 4 episodes (i.e. now, or close to now).

Or, it was a coincidence. I wonder which one's more plausible...
                              JM said originally that there was no way anyone could say Weir would be in only 4 eppies, because they hadn't finished writing the season yet, so the exces didn't know a definite number, so there was no way fans could know what hadn't yet been decided. However, obviously some had found out from a source somewhere that Torri had been contracted for 4 guest appearances initially. It's been a persistent rumour, and I have to say, these rumours that won't go away do seem to turn out to be correct. He also says 'so far'. I guess we'll have to wait and see if Weir returns to the show later on. I want to know which episodes Weir is in though. No way will JM enlighten us to that in his blog!
                              sigpic

Comment

Ha, see. I knew it! Although I'm not a 'certain Weir fan' as hey, I like all the characters (well, have no problem with Kavanagh being gone; such a weasel). However, I think I'll go in and there ask "front or back half of season 4"....
                                Haha obviously you were all a lot more optimistic than me. After recent news I was beginning to think we would only see her in 2 episodes at the beginning and then lose her perminantly like Ford.

So, when I read this news I was actually quite happy...OK, very happy and the 'so far' bit leaves things a little open for more eps as well.

Still 4 is better than my prediction of 2. Combined with Carson being in 2 I am an uber happy fangirl for the minute

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
                                ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Working...
                                X