Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    When I was a kid I used to love Piers Anthony books, but the older I got the more uncomfortable I got with his obsession with young teenage girls, their panties, and their awakening sexual desires. At some point it went from amusing to creepy. I stopped reading, but still read the occasional back cover to try and reminisce about the good ol' days. Instead I saw that things seemed to be going from creepy to disturbing.

Thus, I'm not all that surprised that Joe has started reading Piers Anthony books. Once he finds the Xanth books {Mod Snip}.
    Piers Anthony is rather sad. He has written some really great books--he usually starts out a series rather well, but by the third or fourth book in whatever series, he's just phoning it in.

And I know what you mean about his obsession. I was reading one book that got far too close to child rape for my comfort. I haven't read anything of his in a very long time.

Hmmm--Xanth really does have a bunch of infantile humor--but overabundant letching? Maybe I haven't seen that because I quit reading the series about six books into it....

Joe is starting to read Piers Anthony? I'm not remembering reading that anywhere. I wonder what series he's reading....
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 10 April 2007, 03:50 PM.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

and then peopel complain about the complainers and those that complain about the people that complain about the complainers

Here's a novel idea

ON TOPIC

Discuss joe's blog until your fingers are sore, but leave other fans ALL OTHER FANS out of it.

Ya wanna go wank, take it to your LJ or private messages
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
        Hmmm--Xanth really does have a bunch of infantile humor--but overabundant letching? Maybe I haven't seen that because I quit reading the series about six books into it....
        It took me a loooot longer to smarten up. I stuck with it mostly because I loved the puns, but eventually he stopped trying to work them into any semblance of a story and just crammed them in at random. And as for the letching... I guess it wasn't necessarily between the characters as much as it was between the author and his nubile and naive young characters, running around all scantily clad for no good reason.

Hmm... You know, the more I write about this, the more it begins to remind me of certain OTHER (and very on topic) writers.

Joe is starting to read Piers Anthony? I'm not remembering reading that anywhere. I wonder what series he's reading....
        Yup, he mentioned it in the past entry or three. Can't remember the specific title, but it was in the Incarnations of Immortality series. Which at least isn't as bad as the Xanth and Mode books. I've blocked out almost all memory of the Adept books, but there was probably a lot of uncompfortable weirdness in them, too.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          You need to be specific on which date you're talking about... I did see one post in which a commentor talked about whackos - that you? - checked the LJ and there's more complaining at that fan's LJ than on JM's blogs comments!

Nope, I state my name ("peter") loud and clear on every comment. I'm no anonymous.

Comment

April 9

Photos: Food, and an acupuncture needle.

Main Write-Up: An Easter miracle, a lecture on Texas Hold'Em, a disappointing meal, followed by a worst one on the flight back (obviously), a survey of Worst. Movie. Title. Ever...of. This. Year. and a tiny (and I mean tiny) Stargate tidbit:

Apparently, the script elves have abandoned me as no progress has been made on the first part of the mid-season two-parter since Tuesday’s creative outburst. I stalled out on page twenty-five - not so coincidentally, the scene in which the team seeks the explanation to a stunning revelation. This, of course, would be followed by the scene in which the team privately comes to term with said revelation. Tough, tough scenes in which I have to reveal…

SPOILER ALERT!

SPOILER ALERT!

SPOILER ALERT!

SPOILER ALERT!

SPOILER ALERT!

…not only fact A and fact B, but the how’s and why’s of B which ultimately segue into A’s uncertain relationship with C and D’s ultimate fate. (I hope I haven’t given too much away.). As is often the case when I write, fear is a wonderful motivator and, after watching The Sopranos and returning to mom’s place to pack, I sat in front of the t.v. at 11:30 p.m. and wrote that ***** of a scene - three painstaking pages that set-up the next painstaking scene I’ve yet to get around to. Still, 28 pages and, once I’m past these two scenes, it’ll be smoooooth sailing. Until the top of Act IV when the team heads off to meet up with you-know-who. But I‘ve already said too much!
            Oh...and then there's this:

And finally, get ready for a big season four announcement in the coming days. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe Wednesday. And, no, it has nothing to do with me finally getting that Apocalypse statue for my office. I said “ a big season four announcement”, not a HUUUUGE one.
            [PG's note: Hmmm...this is going to be problematic. Better prepare my typing hands...that is to say, both of my hands, for the rebuttles and defenses I'll have to unlease on the Atlantis S4 forum]

Questions:

Propagandor writes: “I'm pretty sure that nanovirus was the work of the Asurans, because 1) They use nano tech, 2) They hate humans and 3) they are unable to hurt Ancients (people with the Ancient Gene count as ancients as far as the virus goes I think)”

Answer: Bingo. And brilliant.

Zabadoo writes: “Ever tried to get anyone from Lost on the show…”

Answer: Funny you should say that. Stay tuned.

Someday Scientist writes: “How do you feel about fanfiction?”

Answer: I think it’s great that fans love the show so much that they will actually produce their own stories based the series. That said, for legal reasons I’m unable to check out fan fiction. I hear some of it pretty good though.

Anonymous #1 writes: “That not so western replacement location that you mention- what is that place? I know you have used it a couple of times and I have always wondered what it is in real life.”

Answer: It’s a placed called Fantasy Gardens. As for what it is in real life - good question.

Prior_of_the_Ori writes: “Will we see Oberoth and Niam this next season? Also, will we see those Asurans who wish to ascend?”

Magic 8 Ball says: Outlook is good.

Ruffles writes: “Has SciFi given you any indication of how they intend to air S4? Will there still be a long mid-season break since they are starting it so late, or will it be more like BSG with a six week break?”

Answer: Last I heard, that was still to be decided.

Ruffles also writes: “Will Carter be given the ATA gene therapy?”

Answer: No plans to.

Benny writes: “Which of these past episodes is most likely gonna have a follow up in season 4: The Brotherhood ( for the Dagan ZPM) , Before I slept( for the three unexplored planets with potential ZPMs), The condemned ( The fate of the Olesians and their technology), The Hive ( Ford's whereabouts and the Wraith Civil war), Aurora ( wraith weakness), Common ground ( the noble wraith), Mckay and Mrs. Miller ( project acturus).”

Answer: Those last two look pretty promising.

Linzi writes: “…I asked if Reunion will air 7th, as reported on a fan site recently, or will it air 3rd, as you previously posted.”

Answer: It will definitely air third.

Anonymous #2 writes: “I was wondering if you have any tips for getting through writers block?”

Answer: 1. Take a break. Read something. Watch t.v. Go for a walk. Then get back to whatever you’re working on. 2. Print up what you have so far and re-read it to get back into a rhythm. 3. Set it aside until a couple of days before the deadline. Let fear be your motivator.

Comment

When I was a kid I used to love Piers Anthony books, but the older I got the more uncomfortable I got with his obsession with young teenage girls, their panties, and their awakening sexual desires. At some point it went from amusing to creepy. I stopped reading, but still read the occasional back cover to try and reminisce about the good ol' days. Instead I saw that things seemed to be going from creepy to disturbing.

Thus, I'm not all that surprised that Joe has started reading Piers Anthony books. Once he finds the Xanth books {Mod Snip}.
              I think he picked up "On a Pale Horse", I only remember it because I've been looking for it for over a year now and it is supposed to be one of his best.
              Last edited by TameFarrar; 10 April 2007, 03:50 PM.

Comment

And finally, get ready for a big season four announcement in the coming days. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe Wednesday. And, no, it has nothing to do with me finally getting that Apocalypse statue for my office. I said “ a big season four announcement”, not a HUUUUGE one.
                I know it's probably just me, but I get a sick feeling in my stomach about this. For me, every major piece of Stargate news since it was announced that SG1 was cancelled has been like a kick in the gut. That's not to say that some of the episode spoilers haven't been intriguing, but... I'm getting very gun-shy of major news announcements. That said, I guess we're about due for some good news.
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                  I know it's probably just me, but I get a sick feeling in my stomach about this. For me, every major piece of Stargate news since it was announced that SG1 was cancelled has been like a kick in the gut. That's not to say that some of the episode spoilers haven't been intriguing, but... I'm getting very gun-shy of major news announcements. That said, I guess we're about due for some good news.
                  Well, hopefully it'll be good news- but who knows if it will actually be good news...

...and also, what is good news in TPTB's eyes in not necissarily good news for us fans.....

........still, I reserve compelte judgement till we get this major news.
                  sigpic
                  Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                  |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
                    Well, hopefully it'll be good news- but who knows if it will actually be good news...

...and also, what is good news in TPTB's eyes in not necissarily good news for us fans.....

........still, I reserve compelte judgement till we get this major news.
                    Oh I'm not passing judgment. I'm just saying - after the last few months, I just get a little apprehensive when I hear about upcoming major news in the Stargate arena. Kind of a conditioned response you might say. But here's hoping it's good news. *crosses fingers*
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                      Benny writes: “Which of these past episodes is most likely gonna have a follow up in season 4: The Brotherhood ( for the Dagan ZPM) , Before I slept( for the three unexplored planets with potential ZPMs), The condemned ( The fate of the Olesians and their technology), The Hive ( Ford's whereabouts and the Wraith Civil war), Aurora ( wraith weakness), Common ground ( the noble wraith), Mckay and Mrs. Miller ( project acturus).”

Answer: Those last two look pretty promising.
                      "Miller's Crossing" looks more likely to be about Jeannie, then.

Comment

I know it's probably just me, but I get a sick feeling in my stomach about this.
                        Well, considering that they tend not to (intentionally) announce the gut-kicking stuff, my guess is that it'll probably be something a little different. Maybe they got some super celeb to play a guest role.

Or technically it could have nothing to do with Atlantis. After all, it's still the red-headed stepchild. Might be more about SGU or the movies. Or maybe they convinced RDA to star in SGU. LOL!

Comment

He said big season 4 announcement, so I'm guessing some guest star of the week he's personally excited about.

Comment

Most 'major announcements' tend to be somesthing TPTB think is wonderful but the fan base isn't too keen on. The Carson Beckett news is already out (but from the sounds of it, they had already begun working on the moment they did the dirty deed, so I wonder how much is marketing...)

Only thing I can truly think Skiffy would be pushing is Carter taking over Weir's place on SGA. They might consider it a big announcement. I suspect, as all studios would, they'll milk it for all it's worth.

Comment

Well, considering that they tend not to (intentionally) announce the gut-kicking stuff, my guess is that it'll probably be something a little different. Maybe they got some super celeb to play a guest role.

Or technically it could have nothing to do with Atlantis. After all, it's still the red-headed stepchild. Might be more about SGU or the movies. Or maybe they convinced RDA to star in SGU. LOL!
                              Well, yup, SGA is definitely the stepchild. Hell, they're still reusing advertising stuff from season 2! Talk about cheap. I sure hope it's not some dumb stunt-casting news. Stuntcasting usually precedes the demise of a show because they think big names can make up for lack of good writing

Comment

Well, here's the news I think! I'm sure it will have its own thread by the time the day is out.

Exclusive: Carson to Resurface on Atlantis
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X