Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
    Rose writes: “I’m puzzled every time it’s said (and it’s said a lot) that SGU will be more character-centered than SG-1 and Atlantis. The reason I eagerly tuned in to Atlantis every week for over four years is because of the characters. I looked forward to watching Sheppard, McKay, Ronon and Teyla, not the green screen stuff. Can you explain the difference?”

Answer: Don’t get me wrong. SG-1 and Atlantis owe much of their success to great characters like Jack O’Neill, Daniel Jackson, Amanda Tapping, Teal’c, and McKay. However, the premise of SGU is simply more intimate - a limited group of people trapped aboard a space ship hurtling through distant space - and therefore necessitates a more intimate form of storytelling.
    Er.
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
      Er.
      I've heard Amanda Tapping is quite a character.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        For me, "Sanctuary" hardly takes the place of any SG show. It's okay, but it still needs improvement, although the 'tribbles' ripoff episode was fun to watch if not predictable

But as for SGU, and all the rah-rah stuff from the producers, well, that kind of stuff only works on a certain percentage of people. The rest have free will and will make up their own mind
        I found myself actually enjoying Sanctuary, but I think it might be for all the SGA peeps. Ladon, I mean Ryan Robbins cracks me up, and Todd, er Chris Heyerdahl as a caveman is... different. I adore hearing Todd's voice. I spend most of the episode looking for them. I didn't recognize Chuck until ep 2.

That was a total tribble ripoff. Good thing that's one of my favorite ST eps.

I'll give SGU the same chance I give all new shows. The premier had better be a good one...
        sigpic
        Sig by Luciana
        My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
          I found myself actually enjoying Sanctuary, but I think it might be for all the SGA peeps. Ladon, I mean Ryan Robbins cracks me up, and Todd, er Chris Heyerdahl as a caveman is... different. I adore hearing Todd's voice. I spend most of the episode looking for them. I didn't recognize Chuck until ep 2.

I'll give SGU the same chance I give all new shows. The premier had better be a good one...
          I quite enjoy Sanctuary too. It's not a high budget show, and sometimes it shows, but it has a certain charm, I think. I have recognised all the ex-Stargate folks immediately, and it's entertaining to spot them, but also makes it seem like a very limited talent pool is available, which is probably true?

I'm being very close-minded here and saying 'BOO!' to SGU. Oh, that rhymes...
          sigpic

Comment

So how does one get a question answered from his mailbag? Post and ask the question in the comments section of one of his posts?
            sigpic
            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
              So how does one get a question answered from his mailbag? Post and ask the question in the comments section of one of his posts?
              That's how you ask. Him choosing to answer is something else entirely.
              sigpic
              Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by smurf View Post
                I've heard Amanda Tapping is quite a character.
                *groan*

Sanctuary: Personally, can't get into it.
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

... and Todd, er Chris Heyerdahl as a caveman is... different. I adore hearing Todd's voice.
                  Chris doesn't play Bigfoot as well, does he? I can't figure out who is under that make-up, and he's not on IMDb.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                    Chris doesn't play Bigfoot as well, does he? I can't figure out who is under that make-up, and he's not on IMDb.
                    I'm pretty sure that's him. He's incredibly tall and the voice sounds just like him. I've been thinking of him as a caveman, but I guess Bigfoot would describe him as well.

ETA: Eep! His character is called Bigfoot. Just found that out.
                    Last edited by Ruffles; 13 November 2008, 07:59 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Luciana

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's him. He's incredibly tall and the voice sounds just like him. I've been thinking of him as a caveman, but I guess Bigfoot would describe him as well.
                      Chris H does play the caveman dude. I read it somewhere, plus it's obvious with the voice.

BTW, I had no idea Ryan Robbins played Ladin in SGA, I guess not having the beard threw me off.

Also, have you read the comments on the GW homepage article for Sanctuary being renewed? A lot of people are blaming Sanctuary for SGA's cancellation. I mean talk about having the wrong info. Now, blaming SGU though is the better call and makes more sense.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                        I quite enjoy Sanctuary too. It's not a high budget show, and sometimes it shows, but it has a certain charm, I think. I have recognised all the ex-Stargate folks immediately, and it's entertaining to spot them, but also makes it seem like a very limited talent pool is available, which is probably true?

I'm being very close-minded here and saying 'BOO!' to SGU. Oh, that rhymes...
                        Ha! Yeah, it does rhyme But a lot of people I've spoken to are watching "Sanctuary" just for the SGA/SG1 guest stars. If the show, say, shifted down to LA and just had US actors guest starring, those fans would drop off.

Ryan Robbins' character is one of the better. The blonde daughter, well, 'dude,' can get shipped out an airlock for her stupidity and 'dude' remarks. Ack. Sorry, if I want 'dude' stuff I'll watch "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure."

Yeah, the tribbles (or whatever they were, nebbins, nubbins?) were very cute but even someone who hadn't even seen the show before could guess the outcome Oh, but wait, this thread isn't about Sanctuary...

What did Joe say in his last entry?

Comment

What did Joe say in his last entry?
                          That SGU will be awesome?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            That SGU will be awesome?
                            Heh, yeah, spin that spin! but then TPTB are supposed to be all happy-happy over what they're creating, but they should realize not all fans are mindless sheep who hang on every word they say

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            BTW, I had no idea Ryan Robbins played Ladin in SGA, I guess not having the beard threw me off.

Also, have you read the comments on the GW homepage article for Sanctuary being renewed? A lot of people are blaming Sanctuary for SGA's cancellation. I mean talk about having the wrong info. Now, blaming SGU though is the better call and makes more sense.
                            OH yes, that's Ladon Radim all right.

Uh, er, yes, I did read some of the comments and then shook my head at the "psycho Atlantis" fans line... which really isn't going to put "Sanctuary" fans in a good light with remarks like that... but then that's par for the course with comments in those sections

Comment

Heh, yeah, spin that spin! but then TPTB are supposed to be all happy-happy over what they're creating, but they should realize not all fans are mindless sheep who hang on every word they say

OH yes, that's Ladon Radim all right.

Uh, er, yes, I did read some of the comments and then shook my head at the "psycho Atlantis" fans line... which really isn't going to put "Sanctuary" fans in a good light with remarks like that... but then that's par for the course with comments in those sections
                              Well multiple sources said it was not ratings and performance and yet people are still going to say Atlantis is failing and the reason it is getting cancelled. SCI FI said it was a creative decision.

Plus, you said that at the con, the actors said it was the money and costs and SGU would be cheaper.
                              Last edited by Briangate78; 13 November 2008, 09:11 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Sorry, if I want 'dude' stuff I'll watch "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure."
                                Hey! Don't knock Bill & Ted, these movies are hilarious. Dude.
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X