Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
    I thought it was to do with
    Spoiler:
    Carson and Paul? I thought he answered it by all those posts while Paul was on set? I thought it was about Carson's return in Kindred... it is Kindred right?
    Spoiler:
    yes it's The Kindred
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Oh no, it wasn't that far back.

It was right before the Blogspot Betrayal [tm].

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...of-power-bars/

January 27, 2008

Photos: ln(1)

Video: Yet more footage from the Harmony shoot: Sheppard reacts as Harmony runs off after Rodney swears.

Write-Up: JOSII Day...uh...4? I think so. Left alone for 4 days in a row, Joe has now actually wasted time on contemplating the best-by date of power bars, and has actually devoted a good paragraph to the subject in today's blog. I think we've only seen the tip of the Insanity Iceberg, which the Joetanic is doomed to scrape by.

Oh, hey, and bullet's are loud, no?

Questions:

Pauline writes: “Did Marty G have the portrait in the script from the beginning…”

Anwer: Yes, he did.

Mackenzie’s Momma writes: “Wouldn’t that line refer more to Miller’s Crossing than McKay and Mrs. Miller?!”

Answer: Woops, my mistake. I went back and fixed it.

ccdsah writes: “Is it possible that she’ll direct a season 5 episode?”

Answer: No actors will be directing episodes this season.

IamJohn writes: “Are the fake gunshots not loud enough to cause problems, or am I just missing something?”

Answer: No, those rounds are damn loud. So loud, in fact, that the cast and crew are given ear plugs before any scenes requiring gunfire - which kind of makes it hard to hear anything else. Check out today’s clip.

Morjana Coffman writes: “In watching “Harmony” again today (for the fourth time), I noticed in the closed captioning that they referred to Rodney’s handheld device as a PFD.

PFD as in…?”

Answer: Plot Forwarding Device.

Somebody called this!!

Or...Joe read the forum!!!

Squall78 writes: “My question was if you had any numbers for the Live + 7 for “BAMSR”.”

Answer: To be honest, I haven’t bothered looking into them, but I’m sure the numbers are out there somewhere.

Katja writes: “Whatever happened to the ship Tria?”

Answer: Without hyperspace capabilities, it is now a very interesting museum piece located somewhere between both galaxies.

C writes: “Forgot to ask, was there some outside reason for Harmony not including the whole team (actors were busy) or was it just planned that way because? Was there thought about the inside reason for why Ronon and Teyla wouldn’t be there?”

Answer: Rachel was far along in her pregnancy and we wanted to give her some time off to rest. Jason was also on baby watch and we needed a Ronon-light episode so that he could dash off for the birth without it affecting production.

Farscapefan writes: “…there’s a chance that Brad Wright or Rob Cooper will invite Claudia to the third or perhaps fourth SG-1 movie? Vala is too important character to really big part of the audience and deserve a story in the movie as the MAIN character, devoted to her entirely.”

Answer: I can’t speak for Brad and Robert, but I can say that we have no plans for Vala in Atlantis. As for a movie entirely devoted to the Vala character - again, I can’t speak for Brad and Robert but I think that would be highly unlikely. Future movies should focus on the team.

Poundpuppy29 writes: “The decision may have been made but fans have made a difference before it has happened in this franchise remember the Daniel wars I wasn’t around then but I have read plenty about it and they did make a difference.”

Answer: Um, according to who? The people who took part in the campaign? In reality, the decision to bring Daniel back had everything to do with Michael’s talent, longtime viewers’ familiarity with his character, and the fact that the show was looking at drastically reduced role for Richard Dean Anderson. So, bad example. Better example: perhaps the Save Carson Beckett campaign? Well, let’s wait and see what season 5 brings.

Oh come on! Just spill it!

(One z short of a zuz)
        Last edited by PG15; 27 January 2008, 05:16 PM.

Comment

I appreciate that Joe answered my question even if he did not have an answer. That makes me have a lot of respect for the guy. I can understand why he has not looked. It really doesn't need the uptick since BAMSR kicked ass without the DVR!
          sigpic

Comment

The man's ruthless.

I mean, just read his answer to the last question. Hint much?

COME ON SCIFI!! RELEASE THAT BLOODY PRESS RELEASE!!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              The man's ruthless.

I mean, just read his answer to the last question. Hint much?

COME ON SCIFI!! RELEASE THAT BLOODY PRESS RELEASE!!
              I did, there is just no way it will not happen. I also think they will still approach Weir. But don't be too optimistic, people don't like that.
              sigpic

Comment

Well he didn't answer the question I wanted him to answer but that was interesting answer to my little debate with someone else. I am getting a little depressed about Weir now Brian I need a pep talk
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                  Well he didn't answer the question I wanted him to answer but that was interesting answer to my little debate with someone else. I am getting a little depressed about Weir now Brian I need a pep talk
                  I tried that on the Weir forum people did not take kindly to what I had to say. I was being optimistic that she can still be approached. I was not trying to shoot down the messenger, but I still have hope.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Morjana Coffman writes: “In watching “Harmony” again today (for the fourth time), I noticed in the closed captioning that they referred to Rodney’s handheld device as a PFD.

PFD as in…?”

Answer: Plot Forwarding Device.

Oh...d'oh!

That's much better than what I came up: Plasma Fig Dryer.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

He never answers my questions, well to be honest if I was him I wouldn't answer them either.

So you lot think when/if SciFi/MGM do a press release it will say...
                      Spoiler:
                      Paul McGillion is reprising his role as Carson Beckett in season 5? And what? Maybe Amanda Tapping is signed on for some more eps?

Do they ever do that kind of press release?

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                        He never answers my questions, well to be honest if I was him I wouldn't answer them either.

So you lot think when/if SciFi/MGM do a press release it will say...
                        Spoiler:
                        Paul McGillion is reprising his role as Carson Beckett in season 5? And what? Maybe Amanda Tapping is signed on for some more eps?

Do they ever do that kind of press release?
                        Hi Willowcat how you been?

Spoiler:
                        I think the news with Carson is likely going to be of that effect. It is more than a few guest spots, like this season, imho. He is likely returning to a season one role. Well I believe.
                        sigpic

Comment

I like Carson as much as everyone here but don't you think that him "coming back" cheapens his death to a point?

Comment

Originally posted by VOOK View Post
                            I like Carson as much as everyone here but don't you think that him "coming back" cheapens his death to a point?
                            Not really since it was a pointless death to just strike up ratings, imo of course.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VOOK View Post
                              yes and no. They killed Daniel in SG1, yet brought him back. As someone in production said, no one ever dies in scifi. Okay, they're not, but if theyr'e not on the show, the fans are seeing him/her, might as well be dead. The writers need to focus on that fact. Just 'not killing' someone but losing them in the Dagobah system means the fans will go 'meh, my fav isn't there, ain't gonna watch,' etc.

If they can create a plausible (aka not screaming "I can't believe they want us viewers to swallow that load of tripe!") manner in which to return carson, I'm all for it. I've missed his character - as a doctor, he just added more to the show. Poor Keller is still too timid in many respects. And I'd say ditto for Weir. I'm sure she'll never be back on the series as a regular, but I'd love to see some (aka more than one) guest appearances in season 5. Her RepliWeir (making an assumption here) has high potential for some great storylines.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                Not really since it was a pointless death to just strike up ratings, imo of course.
                                They reached the opposite effect.
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X