Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HA! Yes, all the pieces for my ultimate victory are coming together!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      "sets off EMP in Vancouver"

hehehe
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Think it'll be a toss up between you and Elizabeth, who I noticed began posting quite a lot in the comments section today

Comment

Well, Joe did say it's going to take until the end of the weekend (or maybe the start of it, if the traffic continues to grow), so I won't waste efforts just now.

Elizabeth, huh? Nah, I don't think so! One Elizabeth on the show is enough. Besides, it's such an ordinary name (nothing against Weir; all Stargate main characters have simple names). No, we need someone with a name like...Pilot Inspektor, or something!

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          "sets off EMP in Vancouver"

hehehe
          You know you just toasted Joe's computer too, right?

Comment

Well, Joe did say it's going to take until the end of the weekend (or maybe the start of it, if the traffic continues to grow), so I won't waste efforts just now.

Elizabeth, huh? Nah, I don't think so! One Elizabeth on the show is enough. Besides, it's such an ordinary name (nothing against Weir; all Stargate main characters have simple names). No, we need someone with a name like...Pilot Inspektor, or something!
            It'll probably be somebody nobody knows Most Shep fans are too busy drooling over the Outcast photos to go over to the blog, me thinks

Comment

If by some miracle I do win, I have to warn you. I will spend half the time chatting about Family Guy.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                If by some miracle I do win, I have to warn you. I will spend half the time chatting about Family Guy.
                Hmm, that would mean MGM/SciFi would have to get pre-clearance from Fox for you, er, your character, to mention Family Guy. Wait, maybe they could have a white dog named Brian run through a scene

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                  Hmm, that would mean MGM/SciFi would have to get pre-clearance from Fox for you, er, your character, to mention Family Guy. Wait, maybe they could have a white dog named Brian run through a scene
                  I would looooooove to see Family Guy spoof Stargate Atlantis like they did on The Simpsons.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    I would looooooove to see Family Guy spoof Stargate Atlantis like they did on The Simpsons.
                    That was SG-1, not SGA. And besides RDA was in that Simpsons episode.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'd like to win just to confuse people....

"I don't remember there being a Mandy on SG1"
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                        That was SG-1, not SGA. And besides RDA was in that Simpsons episode.
                        Um yes I know it was SG-1, I saw the ep. I just thought it would be cool if they did something with SGA on Family Guy.
                        sigpic

Comment

January 17, 2008: Bam Bam vs. Brunhilda, Jason vs. his dreads, John N. Smith vs. lemon meringue pie
                          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-meringue-pie/

Originally posted by Joe
                          Today, we were paid a visit by one of the Stargate franchise’s biggest supporters and all-around nice guy - Charlie Cohen, MGM’s Senior Executive Vice President. We spent most of the day talking about the future (Atlantis, SG-1, and, of course, Universe) but the high-point of the lengthy conversation came when the subject turned to the new American Gladiators series and the prospect of getting our stunt coordinator, James “Bam Bam” Bamford on the show as a contestant. Seriously. Couldn’t you just imagine our Bam Bam up against the likes of Nuklo or Lady Mayhem or even Brunhilda the Bratislavian Beast Woman, doing noble battle with oversized Q-tips over the Pit of Death (a.k.a. cushy foam insulation)? Somebody get over to the Ask Bam Bam thread over on Gateworld and convince him to do it.

As we near the start of production on the Atlantis’s fifth season, we are putting the finishing touches on season four. The Day Two mix of The Last Man is done (kudos to Joel Goldsmith for his beautiful score) and the last of the finals are landing on my desk. Meanwhile, the order of season five’s the first three episodes has been locked. It’ll go Search and Rescue, The Seed, and Broken Ties.

Spoke to Jason last night about the hair situation. He’s feeling a lot better without the dreads and I’m sure is not looking forward to the two full days he’ll have to spend getting them re-attached for the start of the new season (continuity’s sake and all). Jason is of two minds. On the one hand, he is happy to be free of the heavy dreads that were causing him great discomfort. On the other hand, he is aware that the character of Ronon is distinguished by his unique do. I suggested he consider compromising and trim them, but he didn’t seem too thrilled with the idea. To be honest, I’m not sure if that’s even possible (It’s been years since I’ve had dreads so I can‘t remember. I cut them off shortly after my reggae career came to an ugly end. But that’s a story for another time).
                          The mailbag -

RAF writes: “Since I know you guys are gearing up for production this year, can you tell us if there’s been any word on whether or not another SG1 movie will be filmed along with Atlantis’ production?”

Answer: No new SG-1 movies on the short-range sensors.

M4ndy writes: “Am I being racist to say all Asgard look the same?”

Answer: I prefer the term “speciest”.

Patricia writes: “Will you be at April’s STARGATE SG-1/ATLANTIS 2008, VANCOUVER, BC CONVENTION?”

Answer: Which one? If it’s Gatecon, I don’t know. I was asked last year but, as always, it’s production-dependent.

PG15 writes: “Hmm…maybe I can just make up something on the spot?”

Answer: Next year, I’m commissioning you to write the spoiler poem.

amac251 writes: “I thought it was very humorous when you explained how you and Paul are often lumped into “one” entity. What are the differences between you and Paul?”

Answer: He’s a little taller. Other than that, nothing really comes to mind.

Matt S. writes: “For the better part of its 10 years, SG1 seemed to thematically deal largely with social and political issues, human rights issues, and exploration of cultural development. It seems, from these first four years, that SGA has a much more metaphysical underpinning, addressing what it means to be human (particularly in the Asuran vs. Human juxtaposition, and has further delved into the concepts of ascension, human legacy, and life and death. Would you make this thematic differentation, and is it something that goes into the planning of episodes?”

Answer: You make an interesting thematic distinction between the shows. When Brad and Robert set out to create Atlantis, they wanted to produce a show that was connected to the Stargate universe yet be able to stand on its own as separate entity. I don’t think there was ever an overall attempt to distinguish the show in a thematic sense but the elements put into play very early on established a direction that was both, in a sense, familiar yet unique. The tone of the show and types of stories we tell evolve from what has served us well in the past (ie.particular characters, villains, or arcs).

Mrs. B108 writes: “Will Michael and Teyla share some heavily intense moments?”

Answer: Possibly.

Amber writes: “What do you have that other people use more than you?”

Answer: My name.

Nathan writes: “Does the Iris on that watch open to reveal hands or is a non-functioning watch?”

Answer: No, it’s fully functional. But you actually have to open the iris to check the time. It’s a great way to keep intruding eyes off your watch!

Andrea Leigh writes: “How can you tell who the million(th) visit will be from?”

Answer: The combined site meter stats from my old blog site, and the wordpress blog stats from this site will tell me when I hit 1 000 000 - and I will award the prize(s) to the first person to comment after the one million mark has been reached.

WAMS352 writes: “I would have thought the “Six Million” dollars reference was pointing agent Wexler toward Austin (TX) perhaps - as in Steve AUSTIN - the six million dollar man? How could Wexler be so oblivious to such a clue?”

Answer: Holy crap, you’re right! Wrong zoo. And wrong limpy chimpy.

Jason writes: “Is Major Lorne officially the second in command of the military on Atlantis?”

Answer: Sheppard outranks Lorne, so he would be next in line. Lorne would follow Sheppard.

sgazkaz writes: “Just one question doses Daniel or Sam have the ancient gene natural or otherwise.”

Answer: They do not.

Ishshah writes: “Yesterday I got an email from the FBI news alerts entitled (Alert: Scammers Sending Fake FBI E-mails Seeking Personal Information) telling all about the latest Scams using the FBI LOGO and letter head.”

Answer: Yeah. I copied their FBI logo and pasted it on my reply.

Astrumporta writes: “I don’t think you ever mentioned, who replaced Nora O’Brien as your Sci Fi “boss”?”

Answer: SciFi’s new point-person on Atlantis is the sharp and savvy Chris Sanagustin.

Fred writes: “I believe that you once mentioned that Jewel Staite would appear in seven episodes this season…”

Answer: I did?

Steph writes: “Which part of the 200th episode of SG1 did you write?”

Answer: The zombie sequence, invisible O’Neill, and the Farscape parody.
                          Last edited by wurlitzer153; 17 January 2008, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wurlitzer153 View Post

PG15 writes: “Hmm…maybe I can just make up something on the spot?”

Answer: Next year, I’m commissioning you to write the spoiler poem.

Comment

^You know, if the wind chages your face will stick like that.

Comment

Too late.

Comment

Working...
                                X