Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...perimentation/

January 3, 2008

Photos: Joe goes Asian for a little bit as he visits a huge Buddhist Temple, followed by some truly beautiful pics of the fabulous Vancouver skyline, as if to say, "heh, this city is more breathtaking than any of yours!" And he'd be right.
    I wonder if that's the same Buddhist Temple where they filmed exterior shots for "Maternal Instinct?"

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I believe that Maternal Insinct was filmed at the Chinese Gardens(Dr Sun Yat-Sen) in Vancouver. It's where several 'gates' are.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
        I believe that Maternal Insinct was filmed at the Chinese Gardens(Dr Sun Yat-Sen) in Vancouver. It's where several 'gates' are.
        Ah, thank you mamasue!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Arctic Goddess writes: “How come all the alien civilizations that the teams on Stargate visit speak English?”

Answer: Good question. In my mind, gate travelers are implanted with translator nanites that allow them to understand and be understood whenever they travel off-world. Of course, the system isn’t 100% efficient as evidenced by the inability to translate goa’uld.
          Wow, that sounds suspiciously like FARSCAPE and their translator doohickies

And wouldn't someone have picked up on nanites in people's bodies by now?

Comment

Maybe they have, and they've realized what they do, so they don't care.

Comment

re nanites makign people understand/speak English

Maybe they have, and they've realized what they do, so they don't care.
              Nah. It's just that they don't keep a writer's bible (JM said that once) and with Ben Browder on the set for two years, something might have bled over

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                Wow, that sounds suspiciously like FARSCAPE and their translator doohickies
                ...when I read his response, I thought the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                  ...when I read his response, I thought the same thing.
                  On the old MGM Stargate SG-1 web site, in their FAQ, MGM said the reason everyone spoke English is that when you stepped through the Stargate, it was the Stargate itself that made the language comprehension possible.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

re nanites makign people understand/speak English

Nah. It's just that they don't keep a writer's bible (JM said that once) and with Ben Browder on the set for two years, something might have bled over
                    Well, TBH JM did put forth this theory before season 9 was filmed.
                    Then again, he's been a Farscape fan for a while
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...in-vs-simmons/

January 4, 2008

Photos: Joe's mom, Joe's sis, Joe's wife, and Joe's himself.

Write-Up: It's the battle of the books! Come vote for next month's Book of the Month selections!

Questions:

Valkyrie writes: “What’s the difference between a teleplay and a script?”

Answer: When someone is given the written by credit, they are being credited with having coming up with the story idea AND written the actual script. When someone is given the teleplay credited, they are being credited with the writing of a script based on someone else’s story.

Padawan Aneiki writes: “How are episode soundtracks handled with such a tight production schedule? How quickly does Mr. Goldsmith crank out new material, vs. how often to you “recycle” certain music beds that he’s written in the past?”

Answer: Over the course of the franchise’s lengthy run, Joel has amassed a fairly impressive music library that he does make use of. Over the course of a season, there’s usually a 50-50 split between new and established material. As for how Joel does it - he’s extremely talented. And fast.

a. loquita writes: “ I received an advanced copy of your “working titles” for the first half of season 5. […] And of course the highly anticipated mid-season cliffhanger will come at the end of: 10. The Long Anticipated Toilet Episode. Ohhh, I’m just so excited about season 5 already!!! I’m so right, aren’t I?”

Answer: Yes, with the exception of the toilet episode. Carl had a really hard time getting that one out before the strike.

MrsB108 writes: “Are there anymore surprises/reveals that will have fandom on the edge of their seats?”

Answer: Plenty.

(Joe's zuz's smilie)

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                        Well, TBH JM did put forth this theory before season 9 was filmed.
                        Then again, he's been a Farscape fan for a while
                        Yup, probably just doesn't remember where he got the idea

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                          On the old MGM Stargate SG-1 web site, in their FAQ, MGM said the reason everyone spoke English is that when you stepped through the Stargate, it was the Stargate itself that made the language comprehension possible.

Morjana
                          Sounds too much like the Tardis now, plus it too doesn't explain why they never understood Goa'uld or the other alien languages.

What's this about a toilet episode?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                            Sounds too much like the Tardis now, plus it too doesn't explain why they never understood Goa'uld or the other alien languages.

What's this about a toilet episode?
                            The toilet episode is just a joke thing, far as I know. I mean, they promised not to do crappy episodes this season (yes, bad pun).

hadn't realized the Tardis did that.

Comment

<snip>hadn't realized the Tardis did that.
                              Oh, yeah. It's something to do with a telepathic field that the TARDIS emits on companions (and TV viewers as well apparently).

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                                Oh, yeah. It's something to do with a telepathic field that the TARDIS emits on companions (and TV viewers as well apparently).
                                Nono, we jsut have the privelege of watching the show frmo the Doctor/ companion POV

As for the toilet episode, I think it stated as a joke on "the most pointless episode ever"? we should ask PG15!
                                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X