Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
    What is a cam version?

Vala,
    CAM = camera. A cam version is when someone sneaks a video camera into the theater and records the screen. Legal in Canada, not in the US. Its why most American film studios wont release any sneak previews of films before the official release date, they end up too easily on the net before opening day.

sigpic
    www.savecarsonbeckett.com
    Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      Ah Cam wakes up in the shower and ....
      you wish
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

December 22nd.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/

Questions and comments -

Susiekew writes: “Any chance we’ll see non-humanoid aliens in season 5?”

Answer: It’s possible. Events in the back half of season 4 will open the door to all sorts of possibilities.

Anne Teldy writes: “Will there be any actor-suggested episodes or storylines in Season 5?”

Answer: Not so far.

Danielforever writes: “When you get a chance, could you please give us a few spoilers/tidbits involving Daniel in season 5?”

Answer: At this point, there are none.

Farscapefan writes: “Is there a ray of hope for Cam/Sam shippers?”

Answer: Cam and Sam? That would be like siblings dating! Who’d want to see that?

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          Yup.
          d'oh!
          They never learn....
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by silkie View Post
            SG-1 doesn't need saving, except maybe saving from Coop's hands
            Disagree. Rob Cooper did great job with The Ark of Truth, I love the movie and I'd love if it was him writing the next movies after "Continuum". IMO, SG-1 needs saving from Brad Wright's hands.

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-and-postings/
              Pics: The pugs

Originally posted by Joe Mallozzi
              A heads up to anyone posting comments to this blog about The Ark of Truth. Yes, I’m aware an unfinished version found its way online and I thank you for bringing it to my attention. No, I will not be allowing any discussion on the contents of Ark of Truth until its official release. So any of you who may be privy to details or heard about details and wish to discuss them, here is not the place to do it. I will not publish your comments.

Now I realize a lot of you are hardcore fans and just dying to get a peek at the movie. The wait for the DVD release has no doubt been unbearable for many. And while I can’t stop you from downloading an illegal copy (hopefully the good people at MGM will see to that), I do wonder why anyone would want to spoil their enjoyment of the finished product by watching an early, incomplete version. It’s sort of like arriving half an hour early to pick up your first date and insisting you head out immediately. Hey, it would be nice to shower, shave, put on a nice suit, some cologne and, in general, look presentable. The hardcore fans will forgive a lot (and I’m probably referring to many of you reading this), but the casual fan and first-time viewer may well have their opinion of the movie (and, unfortunately, any future movies) unfairly tainted by an unfinished version. I remember when work-in-progress copies of Adrift and Lifeline hit the internet earlier this year. A number of fans expressed disappointment with the lack of sound and visual effects. In many cases, they even expressed regret at having watched the early versions as it colored their enjoyment of the episodes when they eventually aired. Again, I can’t stop you - but something to think about.

Also something to think about is the fact that while having an early version available online may seem like a good thing for Stargate fans anxiously awaiting the DVD’s release, it is a very, very bad thing for Stargate and could adversely impact the future of the franchise. I know, I know. You guys are huge fans and most of you will buy the DVD regardless. However, there are many fans and first-time viewers in particular who will not. And, bottom line: if the DVD sales are undermined by this early release, then that could well effect the possibility of future SG-1.

To those of you complaining that this is exactly like the aforementioned Adrift and Lifeline situations or the early release of Doppelganger - No, it isn’t. In the case of Adrift and Lifeline, the version that found its way online could have been one of the hundreds of screeners sent out to critics all over North America. In the case of Doppelganger, iTunes mistakenly released a copy of the episode a week early. In the case of The Ark of Truth, however, it was someone in a position of trust (which is kind of sad). And, unlike, say, the hundreds of North American television critics and their family members, or the countless subscribers to iTunes, that “circle of trust” (apologies to Robert DeNiro’s Jack Byrnes) aint that big. Someone, either out of spite or simple sheer stupidity, stole a copy of the unfinished movie, pirated it, and put it online - essentially putting the future of SG-1 at risk - and there’s a good chance this individual will be caught. And when said jerk/idiot/criminal IS caught, here’s hoping they receive a good legal ass-kicking.
              Today’s maibag:

Jake E. writes: “How did you get started in the witting business? What attracted you to the Sci-fi/Stargate universe? Any tips for someone who loves to read/watch/critique and write short stories (thats me)?”

Answer: I got my start in animation. After querying dozens of animation studios, I was invited to forward some writing samples to one studio that was about to start production on a couple of a animated shows. They liked my samples (a Seinfeld spec and a feature), sent me the show bible, and invited me to pitch. They bought one of my pitches and so began my professional writing career. I eventually worked my way up from simply writing for animation to story-editing and development. Then, using my background in animation (where I learned to hone my craft) and armed with those live-action specs, I moved into live-action with my writing partner Paul Mullie, working on a teen comedy called Student Bodies. After work on various shows, some good, some not so good, some not even not so good (Big Wolf on Campus, Lassie, Largo Winch, The Lost World) we were invited to pitch for Stargate SG-1 (after Robert Cooper had read our spec feature - Note how important it is to have a spec script or two if you’re looking to break into the business). We pitched, sold a pitch, and a did a good enough job on our first script (Scorched Earth) to land us on staff.

Scott of the Sahara writes: “For some reason when I watch “Atlantis” it seems like it is all very blue-ish, like someone has slightly tweeked the color settings on my television. I was wondering if 1) that’s actually true or if my eyes need checking and 2) if true, what’s the reasoning behind that?”

Answer: It is true and it’s a stylistic choice. It’s in keeping with whole Atlantis/water theme.

Comment

While I do believe that his belief that piracy could end SG1 is a bit of an over exaggeration, it's good to see that he knows about it. It is interesting though that it couldn't have been anyone who released it, but limited to a small selection. It definitely makes finding out the leaker that bit more interesting.

I don't believe it would have been out of spite though. There are easier and more legal ways to screw over people, it could be the whole snape/dumbledore thing but with stargate.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  While I do believe that his belief that piracy could end SG1 is a bit of an over exaggeration, it's good to see that he knows about it. It is interesting though that it couldn't have been anyone who released it, but limited to a small selection. It definitely makes finding out the leaker that bit more interesting.

I don't believe it would have been out of spite though. There are easier and more legal ways to screw over people, it could be the whole snape/dumbledore thing but with stargate.
                  Gotta say very good post by Joe. Very good. I think the problem is not now but when more and more people find out how to download these things in the future. The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach. I plan to wait because I plan to buy multiple copies of "Ark Of Truth" and give them out to my friends. That is how big of a fan I am of the franchise.

So far Season 4 has not been leaked on the net except for the first 2 eps and the mistake(which was an honest mistake) for Doppleganger. The ratings for these ep still did well especially "Adrift" so it did not hurt them there. It is beyond me why people want to see a crappy incomplete version with no music or sound effects. How can you enjoy an episode without music and sound effects? LOL!

The government needs to crack down on this. This is stealing people's work they worked so hard to create.
                  sigpic

Comment

Gotta say very good post by Joe.
                    It's bad enough that someone uploaded a pirated incomplete version of AoT to the internet...what's worse are the supposed "fans" who would download it, and then have the gall to review the movie online -- whether on blogs or in forums.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                      It's bad enough that someone uploaded a pirated incomplete version of AoT to the internet...what's worse are the supposed "fans" who would download it, and then have the gall to review the movie online -- whether on blogs or in forums.

Morjana
                      That's one of my problems with the "Stargate Movies" section right now. I'm trying to completely avoid that area because it's spoilers abound now and i've already seen someone just openly explain things about Adria and also use images in their sig. I won't even try to view the "spoilers/specuation/discussion" thread for AoT because no doubt anyone's speculation or discussion has 6 people trying to explain what happened in the movie.

It is beyond me why people want to see a crappy incomplete version with no music or sound effects. How can you enjoy an episode without music and sound effects? LOL!
                      Agreed. If the movie had been a final, fully completed version then I won't deny that i'd have probably been first in line to get it illegally. I'd have still bought it, no doubt about that, but when it's available this many months in advance there is a very strong temptation and motivation.

But when it's an incomplete movie with scenes missing and has videotape type quality, what is the point? Big deal you know it ends, so could anyone, but when it's final and released officially then where is the fun, and anticipation and the excitment of being able to watch the true conclusion to season 10?

When it's released on DVD, or even if it's released illegally for downloads, wouldnt it be more fun sitting in the dark with snacks watching it in glorius full quality? I'd rather enjoy it on my 17" widescreen monitor or my 28" TV. It's not high def, but it's still a hell of a way to watch it.

sigpic

Comment

Ahem...actually, it's got full music and full CGI. I don't know anything about missing scenes (and how could we?), since I haven't watched the whole thing, just random little, 2-second snippets because I'm weak. I'd say it's pretty much the completed version but slightly grainy/over-exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          Ahem...actually, it's got full music and full CGI. I don't know anything about missing scenes (and how could we?), since I haven't watched the whole thing, just random little, 2-second snippets because I'm weak. I'd say it's pretty much the completed version but slightly grainy/over-exposed.
                          GASP!

I'm shocked at you PG15!

Santa is leaving you coal in your virtual stocking...

Tsk, tsk...

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

It's got full music, but not full CGI, some scenes are still in need of the visual effects. Plus, no credits at the beginning and at the end of the movie.

Comment

^Ah, yes, that's the kind of stuff I would've missed by never watching more than 2 seconds of the movie at any one time.

And yes morjana, I am ashamed, but....but...it's the freaking Ark of Truth!

Comment

^Ah, yes, that's the kind of stuff I would've missed by never watching more than 2 seconds of the movie at any one time.

And yes morjana, I am ashamed, but....but...it's the freaking Ark of Truth!
                                *pats* well, I'm pretty sure your canadian dollars are already in MGM's bank acount!

...Or, it would seem more reasonable, American dollars as with the current exchange rate buying it from Canada would be ridiculous
                                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X