Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know about you guys but I think I need a bucket of popcorn!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      Or some nice, soft, white marshmallows?

PG, do you like marshmallow?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        I don't like popcorn, but maybe some potato chips?
        My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
        Sig and avi by me
        Spoiler:

Comment

Someone should suggest Google Pages to JM for a site - ad-free and easy to use!
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
            Or some nice, soft, white marshmallows?

PG, do you like marshmallow?

Why yes, I do, I love them so mu-heeeeeey, wait a minute!

Nice try.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              Why yes, I do, I love them so mu-heeeeeey, wait a minute!

Nice try.
              Damn! So close, yet so far!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                Hmmm. Who wants to give him his own website for Christmas? I was thinking about this today, but I have no programming skills. It would be cool if he had his own website for his blog, with another section for book group... I dunno. What do you guys think?
                That's a fantastic idea!

I'm not good with website building either. I can do basic HTML, but that's it (click on "My Music Vids" in my sig to see the best I can do).
                Like PG here I only know so much, just the basic XML and XHTML and very little of Python (named after, you guessed it, Monty Python, and if something goes back the following pops up, RUN AWAY!!!!) anyhow...

to whomever can do something like this for JM, I'm all for it!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Joe has made a new blog. Address is:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com

December 15, 2007 by josephmallozzi

Words hurt, but not as much as fists or fingernails. Still, they do hurt - as was the case today when I was labeled…a spammer! Well, actually, my blog was identified as a potential spam blog by the fine folks at blogger. I received the following email: “Your blog, […] has been identified as a potential spam blog. […] You will not be able to publish posts to your blog until we review your site and confirm that it is not a spam blog.
                  etc etc.

Aw, hell. Since I’m killing time, why not answer a few questions -

Jamie writes: “are there perhaps any other Rodney/Teyla friendship moments in upcoming episodes?”

Answer: BAMSR.

Thornyrose writes: “Do we get to see Teyla explain her ‘condition” to her teammates, or is that something that will happen offscreen?”

Answer: We will definitely see the reveal onscreen - as well as the ensuing fireworks.

Tim writes: “Just wondering, how does one perform a search on this here blog?”

Answer: Use the search function in the top left hand corner of my blog. For instance, write in “Cookie Monster”, hit search, and that should bring up most if not all of my Cookie Monster correspondence.

Charlie writes: “Who’s the ranking military officer on SGA now?”

Answer: Colonel Samantha Carter.

Anonymous #2 writes: “earlier this year you said that it was a clue to carson’s return in one of the final 3 episodes of season 3, could you tell us now which episode it is in?”

Answer: No, but I can say that it’s near the very end of said episode.

Anonymous #3 writes: “At the Burbank Con, Joe F. revealed that under pressure from the actors, the producers agreed to do readthrus and then took them away because “there were more writers showing up then producers” even though there are two writers for every actor on the show!”

Answer: When Paul and I took over as showrunners, we had individual sit-downs with the actors to tell them what was in store for their characters in season four and to get their feedback. The actors had two requests: 1. Read-throughs, and 2. New Uniforms. So we changed the uniforms and started doing read-throughs (this despite the fact that a couple of producers who’d had experience with them warned they wouldn’t last). Well, they did last - up until about halfway through the season. While certain actors showed up for them, others were, uh, not quite as dedicated. As the season wore on, the turn-out consistently lessened to the point where we decided to discontinue the read-throughs. For the record, the “more writers than producers” was a joke.

Anonymous #4 writes: “He also said that every time he would go up to give you guys notes, you would tell him it was too late. He would read the scripts earlier and earlier and each time he would be told too late. Why is this?”

Answer: I’m going to have to go out on a limb here and assume you misheard him because we’ve always invited input from the actors. In fact, given the tight shooting schedule later in the season, I made it a point to personally visit Joe in his trailer to get his notes on Harmony and Outcast. Writers do their best to address any concerns. The only time notes are not incorporated into a script are those occasions when we fundamentally disagree with the note given.

Steph writes: “Well, it’s because I used the episode ‘Sunday’ as the topic for my essay. And seeing as I’m one of 108 students to be admitted early”

Answer: Congratulations! What will you be studying? Is it something space weapon-related? Baron Destructo and L.A.M.E. are hiring.

Promogirl writes: “Can you give us an update on Carl and how he’s fairing with the writers’ strike?”

Answer: Carl is out there picketing every morning at the Disney studios. Sadly, nary a Stargate fan has visited bearing those promised cookies. However, Xena fans did show up to distribute bottled water!

Anonymous #6 writes: “I was reading the news about Jason’s idea about Ronon going dark side in season 5 on GW. […] If you are throwing out ideas I hope it doesn’t come down to Ronon being captured and Sheppard unable to fee him because of the IOA.”

Answer: Well, as it turns out, Ronon’s desire to go darkside meshes nicely with a late season four story I had wanted to do - that, conveniently enough, has been pushed to early season 5. While the notion of Ronon feeling abandoned is interesting, I think it would be an irredeemable leap for his character to vow vengeance on Sheppard for not rescuing him in a timely manner. A more interesting scenario would have Ronon….ah, just watch the episode when it airs.

Rory21 writes: “From my point of view if Weir is alive or not is still a mystery, ¿I am right????”

Answer: From your point of view? Looks like it.

Sq2830 writes: “So, are you thinking about bringing Daniel Jackson in a comedic episode?”

Answer: I was kidding.

Kamilshka writes: “Of all the amazingly talented people involved with Stargate, he impressed me the most…”

Answer: Yep. John Lenic is a very talented guy and I couldn’t imagine making the show without him. In case you didn’t know, his non-Stargate credits include producing duties on A Dog’s Breakfast.

Anonymous #7 writes: “So, entire copy team is dead?”

Answer: Looks like it.

Comment

lol, labeled as a spammer? There's irony in there somewhere.

And aww, the RepliTeam is dead. =\ That's a bummer...I really wanted to see them again. Then again, "Looks like it" could mean several things.
                    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

I'm gonna miss the black. The blue and white is welcoming, but the black was hospitable. Oh well. Guess I'll have to get used to it.
                      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post

Anonymous #2 writes: “earlier this year you said that it was a clue to carson’s return in one of the final 3 episodes of season 3, could you tell us now which episode it is in?”

Answer: No, but I can say that it’s near the very end of said episode.
                        From near the end of Vengeance:

SOME TIME LATER. Elizabeth walks out of the Gateroom, lost in unhappy thought. Teyla meets her and notices her expression.
                        TEYLA: Elizabeth?
                        WEIR: I just came from McKay’s lab. He’s been examining the research he was able to upload from Michael’s experiment.
                        TEYLA: Has he been able to determine just how many more of those creatures Michael was able to create?
                        WEIR: Well, not an exact figure, no, but Rodney believes it’s well into the hundreds.
                        (Teyla’s eyes widen.)
                        WEIR: Yeah. And it appears Michael has similar labs on at least three different planets.
                        (Teyla shakes her head in shock.)
                        TEYLA: It is amazing how quickly he has been able to incorporate our science into his.
                        (Elizabeth nods, looking down miserably.)
                        TEYLA: What is it?
                        WEIR: Michael found out about the Taranan settlement through information the Wraith hacked from our database during our brief alliance with them last year. We led Michael straight to them.
                        Hint: Discovered.

Comment

From near the end of Vengeance:

Hint: Discovered.
                          Ah, people have speculated on that for months

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                          I'm gonna miss the black. The blue and white is welcoming, but the black was hospitable. Oh well. Guess I'll have to get used to it.
                          Black text on white is much easier to read

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                            Ah, people have speculated on that for months

Black text on white is much easier to read
                            I agree. On both counts. Sorry PG15!
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                              HA! I knew it! Michael did kidnap Carson! Well let's wait and find out!
                              sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ember-12-2007/

December 12, 2007

Originally posted by Joe Mallozzi
                                THIS BLOG HELD HOSTAGE - DAY 2

In the future unlikely event that I miss another day blogging, I would appreciate it if, rather than simply note my absence as odd and move on, you all use your heads and make the logical assumption that I am trapped somewhere (in all probability, my legs have been pinned under a fallen refrigerator) and require if not your help, then your sympathy. So if you’re not going to rush over and save my life, at the very least bake me a batch of pistachio creams or knit me a cool shoulder holster, something that will help me while I convalesce.

So, with mere days before my mother’s arrival in Vancouver, I am in the process of putting together my “Fun Things To Do With Mom While She‘s Here” list. After checking out some of the online tourism Vancouver sites and perusing the Upcoming Events section of the local independent weekly, this is what I’ve come up with so far:

1) The Holiday Tap Weekend Extravaganza: which includes workshops for people lacking the will to refuse.

2) Bodyslams for Toys: All Star Wrestling benefit featuring matches between Gorgeous Michelle and Aaron Idol in addition to a bout pitting Penni Lane against Nikki Matthews versus Veronika Vice.

3) Retro 80’s dance party at the Atlantis Club (!). I wonder if any members of the expedition will show?

4) Breakfast with Santa: Pancake and sausage breakfast, face painting, and bouncy castle. (Bouncy castle!!!)

5) Winter Funk 2007 Canada: showcasing the latest Bollywood moves.

6) Solidarity Notes: The Vancouver labor choir performs songs of workers’ struggles and social injustice.

So if you were going to take your mom to one of the aforementioned, which would you choose?

Okay, so if you had to choose?

Alright, someone is holding a gun to your head and threatens to kill you unless you attend one. Which will it be?

Fine! Many people are holding guns to your head and the heads of pretty much everyone you know. To save countless lives, you MUST select one.

Well, it doesn’t matter. I failed to check the dates. These events are all happening THIS week. I’ll get an updated rundown of Upcoming Events and follow-up with a brand new list for you all to vote on soon.

To be honest, I haven’t had much occasion to take my mother out and about (besides dinners of course). I believe the last time I did was the time I took her to see the third Lord of the Rings installment, The Return of the King. I remember her commenting loudly throughout the movie as if we were sitting in her living room watching it on t.v. Finally, at the point in the film where the Steward of Gondor rebukes his son Faramir and openly wishes he had perished in battle instead of his preferred Boromir, my mother could barely contain herself. “It’s so ugly that a father would say that to his son!”she remarked. I nodded in agreement and sushed her, making it clear that we should discuss the movie later. And so, she quieted down and watched…up until the part where Frodo and Sam brave the arid journey to the Crack of Doom, when the sight of the two parched hobbits caused her exclaim: “ACH! THEIR LIPS!”.

McGillion suggested she might enjoy going up to Seattle to catch a Supersonics game. I countered that she’d probably prefer three days of sight-seeing fun with her favorite Stargate Atlantis character: Carson Beckett! In the end, we agreed to disagree.

So, help me out here. I’m certain that some of you out there are mothers or have mothers or at least know (of) mothers. What would be a fun mother-son excursion? And don’t say “Go with her to a couples spa,”as my wife (I hope) jokingly suggested. Creepy.

Comment

Working...
                                X