Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    Okay Tey, you have to talk really slow around me today, cos my brain is two fries short of a happy meal, cos I still don't get what you're asking... This probably is not a good day for debating..

So let me and my confuddled brain try and work out what you're asking. So let's do this one step at a time. You're talking about there not being enough time to film the outtakes? Is that it? Am I close?

If the answer is yes, then they don't need extra time or run out of time, as the outtakes are goofs by the actors made during the filming, but are omitted (dagnabit) from the final cut.

If you're talking about it's getting late to film the finale, don't fret there's still plenty of time. I think they're just finishing with the scripts now, then will start filming. So, the end of the first half of the season ends in December. So, they have plenty of time left to do the 3... I think that are outstanding. Outcast is one, The Finale is the other and the last one is....
    *kicks brain* DOH! Can't think! So there's plenty of time.

The comedy side of Atlantis (what you're wanting) is like the outtakes. It would be too expensive to do a free for all. It could be fun if they were just given an outline and told to 'Go for it' lol and adlib, but it's never gonna happen.

Can someone please give my brain a kick today, it doesn't want to play.
    First off, have some of Anubis's coffee.... *hands Peg a nice warm Goa'uld/Ancient coffee*

and now...

What I mean is In the simplet way possible, the goofs were shot though they were cut, however during the Mission Directive for Siege they were still in of when they were showing the crew filming, so my little question is, are they going to be rushed to finish the filming for the Finale? they end the actual shooting in Oct sometime and that is actually a little over a month away now.

Any fan can dream right? Think of it, sure it would be funny wouldn't it? you'd have somebody talking about something making so sense whatsoever and what he is talking about is what he/she had for dinner the night before... anyway i gotta go, I have a meeting to tend to

now another small little question, are they going to have a title for the finale yet? and lets hope there is a S5 somehow I just KNOW there is going to be a S5

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I'm also very confused.

The finale will not be rushed, and I don't see how the outtakes have anything to do with this.

Oh, and I've asked Joe yesterday how many episodes are left to shoot and how many are yet to be written. Fingers crossed for answers today!

Comment

Tey... Still talking way too fast! So let's do this logically..

*cough*

I think i'm gonna need more than coffee...

*takes a deep breath*

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
        First off, have some of Anubis's coffee.... *hands Peg a nice warm Goa'uld/Ancient coffee*

and now...

What I mean is In the simplet way possible, the goofs were shot though they were cut
        Got that! I'm on a roll now...

however during the Mission Directive for Siege they were still in of when they were showing the crew filming,
        Correct, BUT the mission directive is a snippet given to the fans of behind the scenes actions, these scenes being filmed (not the BTS ones) are not always in the FINAL cut of the episode.

so my little question is, are they going to be rushed to finish the filming for the Finale? they end the actual shooting in Oct sometime and that is actually a little over a month away now.
        And we were doing so well... still not sure how we jumped from a mission directive to S4 Finale... The shooting continues through to next year, they don't take a break until the next hiatus, which I think is about November, but then will resume shooting S4 ater that, usually around February, if my memory serves me right. They don't stop filming just because it airs on SciFi. Does that make any more sense to you? Oh please say yes, Teyilia, my brain can't cope anymore... *insert lots of begging*

Any fan can dream right? Think of it, sure it would be funny wouldn't it? you'd have somebody talking about something making so sense whatsoever and what he is talking about is what he/she had for dinner the night before... anyway i gotta go, I have a meeting to tend to
        Nothing wrong with dreaming, we all have things we'd like to see But I fear you've lost me once more, Tey... Anyone, Anyone? Bueller...

Shep's manly chest in S4 would be good.

now another small little question, are they going to have a title for the finale yet? and lets hope there is a S5 somehow I just KNOW there is going to be a S5
        Oh yes, Mr M said there would be a title, I don't think they've come up with one yet, or they may have and are saving it. Oh my spidy sense has been tingling for months that we'll get a S5. In fact i'd bet my reputation on it... if i had one.
        Last edited by Pegasus_SGA; 02 September 2007, 11:23 AM. Reason: My *f* was getting stuck

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          I'm also very confused.

The finale will not be rushed, and I don't see how the outtakes have anything to do with this.

Oh, and I've asked Joe yesterday how many episodes are left to shoot and how many are yet to be written. Fingers crossed for answers today!
          Where did folks get the impression that the finale is being rushed?

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            Where did folks get the impression that the finale is being rushed?
            That would be Teyilia, he's concerned they're going to rush the finale.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
              That would be Teyilia, he's concerned they're going to rush the finale.
              Hmm, only the end of season 10 SG1 got rushed, as in 'oh, we've been canceled for real this time; okay, let's do something so we can segue to movies'.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                An episode is usually filmed within a week. Sometimes they'll have to reshoot a scene, so that will be done later, but more often than not those scenes will be on the standing sets, not running off to a location due to high costs.
                True that most scenes from sets built specifically for an episode are filmed at the same time, but also scenes from different episodes using the same non-standing sets could be filmed at the same time to save money.
                Spoiler:
                sigpic

Comment

Oi PG15 stop sniffing the flocking, you've got work to do!

Comment

I'm snoozing on it right so.... looks like you got some tail hairs instead of the flocking, here let me get that cleaned for you PG15 *gets a fur cleaning kit and cleans PG15's nose of the tail fur.*

You know this would make a nice mustahe only it is blue/purple and is longer then Teylas hair over her forehead

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...er-2-2007.html

September 2nd, 2007

Photos: Yet more Harmony: The Crew in the smoky forest; slightly white-washed pic of Joe F. Jodelle, and Joe David Hewlett walking in the woods; Jodelle and David; the Jo's laughing at David; and finally, David and Joe F.

Videos: All my fears of this being a one-time thing is gone! Today we have Gary Jones on the sets of Midway (well, the SG1 sets) dissing Chris Judge's fashion sense while he talks with Carl Binder.

Write-Up: It's a great day to have you head cut off! Also, spam emailers.

Questions:

PG15 writes: “Which episodes have yet to be filmed? Are all of the episodes being written/finished being written?”

Answer: Outcast is being re-written as we speak and there’s a first draft out of the season finale, The Last Man [Sounds AWESOME]. We are partway through filming Harmony and will be moving on to Trio next. Outcast will follow Trio and then we’ll be finishing up with season finale.

Teyilia writes: “1) I can see that you guys are gonna be (possibly) rushed for the finale as you guys are gonna film it AFTER the season goes on the air? 2) is that good or bad? 3) how long does it take to flim one eposide? and the last one has been a bit changed... 4) If you see Rachel can you pass on a "hi" from her counterparts kitty please?”

Answers: 1) Why would you assume we are rushing anything? The season premiere has no effect on our shooting schedule. 2) ? 3) 7 days. 4) Sure.

Becky S writes: “In what episodes of season 4 will we see David Ogden Stiers appearing?”

Answer: You’ll be seeing him early in season four.

Charles Schneider writes: “What influenced your decision(s) in choosing the breed/color/sex of your dogs?”

Answer: My wife.

I had to save this one; it's just so...male-comedian-like.

Anonymous #1 writes: “oooooh genii jerry is very good looking!! Can we expect to see him regularly? Please?”

Answer: Jerry? Is that you?

Charlie writes: “I really want to know if David.H and Joe.F are democrats or republicans.”

Answer: Feel free to ask them at their next con appearance.

---

Well, excuuuuuuse me! I thought prion was gonna overtake me in posting it so I dawdled, big deal.

Comment

PG15 writes: “Which episodes have yet to be filmed? Are all of the episodes being written/finished being written?”

Answer: Outcast is being re-written as we speak and there’s a first draft out of the season finale, The Last Man [Sounds AWESOME]. We are partway through filming Harmony and will be moving on to Trio next. Outcast will follow Trio and then we’ll be finishing up with season finale.

Teyilia writes: “1) I can see that you guys are gonna be (possibly) rushed for the finale as you guys are gonna film it AFTER the season goes on the air? 2) is that good or bad? 3) how long does it take to flim one eposide? and the last one has been a bit changed... 4) If you see Rachel can you pass on a "hi" from her counterparts kitty please?”

Answers: 1) Why would you assume we are rushing anything? The season premiere has no effect on our shooting schedule. 2) ? 3) 7 days. 4) Sure.
                        Well can we just say that this little kitty is on the wrong side of the mirror and is confused?

Hmmm.... The Last Man sounds like something I read before, must think a little more on this, at least they are not gonna be rushed yay darn confusion... and a hello is going to Rachel yay yay.. *dances*

Comment

September 2nd, 2007

Photos: Yet more Harmony: The Crew in the smoky forest; slightly white-washed pic of Joe F. Jodelle, and Joe David Hewlett walking in the woods; Jodelle and David; the Jo's laughing at David; and finally, David and Joe F.

Videos: All my fears of this being a one-time thing is gone! Today we have Gary Jones on the sets of Midway (well, the SG1 sets) dissing Chris Judge's fashion sense while he talks with Carl Binder.

Write-Up: It's a great day to have you head cut off! Also, spam emailers.

Questions:

Becky S writes: “In what episodes of season 4 will we see David Ogden Stiers appearing?”

Answer: You’ll be seeing him early in season four.

Charles Schneider writes: “What influenced your decision(s) in choosing the breed/color/sex of your dogs?”

Answer: My wife.

I had to save this one; it's just so...male-comedian-like.

Anonymous #1 writes: “oooooh genii jerry is very good looking!! Can we expect to see him regularly? Please?”

Answer: Jerry? Is that you?

Charlie writes: “I really want to know if David.H and Joe.F are democrats or republicans.”

Answer: Feel free to ask them at their next con appearance.

---

Well, excuuuuuuse me! I thought prion was gonna overtake me in posting it so I dawdled, big deal.
                          *has a fangirl moment at more pretty pics*

Excuses, excuses, next thing you'll be telling us, is that you've got a RL!

The season finale.... The Last man! Woohoo we have a title.

So, next question is who or what is "The last man?"

Last man to live?
                          Last man to die?
                          Last man to get whumped?
                          Last man to get married?
                          Last man to leave the toilet seat up?

Enquiring minds and all that... but since i'm brain dead today, i'm gonna sleep on it.
                          Last edited by Pegasus_SGA; 02 September 2007, 03:32 PM. Reason: the drool is making the keys on my keyboard stick!

Comment

Well can we just say that this little kitty is on the wrong side of the mirror and is confused?
                            You're not the only one!
                            Tey, go read the back posts today. If you don't understand, then I officially admit defeat!

Comment

I read those, it is just that I WAS confused as I recall seeing on the LOTR SE Trilogy (all three movies on six DVD Extended versions) that they had to really rush to have the film ready for the last movie and within days of actually getting the movie to the theatre for the premire to finish the thing, I was just a little confused about that is all if they were going to be rushed (but since it is going to air on TV then they can take their time right? I mean to a point wherein they the eppy can be aired.)

Comment

I read those, it is just that I WAS confused as I recall seeing on the LOTR SE Trilogy (all three movies on six DVD Extended versions) that they had to really rush to have the film ready for the last movie and within days of actually getting the movie to the theatre for the premire to finish the thing, I was just a little confused about that is all if they were going to be rushed (but since it is going to air on TV then they can take their time right? I mean to a point wherein they the eppy can be aired.)
                                I think perhaps I see the confusion here - in the example you give, they were rushed to finish filming the movie and get the FX done etc and get it into movie theatres to be shown, right? And so you're thinking the same thing might happen with the Season finale because they are only just filming it in September/October but the season starts airing in September?

The difference here is... although Season 4 of Atlantis will start airing in September, it will start with Adrift.. and they've got a whole 19 episodes to air before the season finale. The finale won't actually air until 7 March 2008! They've got LOADS of time to film it and do any post-production and get it ready. Bear in mind that, in previous years, the season has started airing when they were only half way through production and so they usually had a lot less time to get the second half episodes filmed and completed before airing. If anything, they will be LESS rushed this year.

Does that make sense now? It's different with a movie because you only have one installment to air and that installment has to be ready for the premiere date. The premiere date for the final episode of Season 4 of SGA isn't for another 6 months...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X