Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xfkirsten View Post
    I don't remember if you have, either. I haven't been in quite a few years. I keep meaning to go and see the tiger cubs, but haven't had the time. That zoo kinda makes me sad, though, because the conditions really aren't that great. They've asked our zoo before to mentor them through the AZA accreditation process, but to be honest, I really don't believe they'll ever get there. They just don't have the money to do it.
    Hmm--maybe I won't try to go there then. Wait a minute--they have tiger cubs?

Hey, have you ever heard of The West Coast Game Park in Bandon, Oregon? It's one of my favorite places on earth to go, because they let you hold or pet the baby wild animals.... Bear cubs, tiger cubs--oh my!

Oops! Sorry to be OT....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Wow, and here I thought it'd take a matter of minutes before you Whumpum Thunkers come swarming into the thread, not a whole night.

You guys are slipping...

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        Wow, and here I thought it'd take a matter of minutes before you Whumpum Thunkers come swarming into the thread, not a whole night.

You guys are slipping...
        Nope. It's a time zone thing, for one thing. You're on JM's time zone. I'm not about to hang around on the pc for a few more hours hoping to see his stuff post, not when I've got a brand-new not-even-mailed-yet-by-Amazon SGA novel in my hands.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          Nope. It's a time zone thing, for one thing. You're on JM's time zone. I'm not about to hang around on the pc for a few more hours hoping to see his stuff post, not when I've got a brand-new not-even-mailed-yet-by-Amazon SGA novel in my hands.
          which one is it? Entanglement? if so I have that one, what's the new one coming called?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
            which one is it? Entanglement? if so I have that one, what's the new one coming called?
            "Casualties of War" by Elizabeth Christensen.

Comment

Oh, stop showing off! And tell us some more spoilers! Hee hee!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                What were you looking at then?
                The scenery. What else?
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana
                My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

"Casualties of War" by Elizabeth Christensen.
                  can ya mail a copy to me? I'm flat broke! and after reading the small sum up online I WANNA buy it but I can't... though I could ask my mom to get me it...... hmmmm.... must sleep on teh Flocking to think clearly

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

can ya mail a copy to me? I'm flat broke! and after reading the small sum up online I WANNA buy it but I can't... though I could ask my mom to get me it...... hmmmm.... must sleep on teh Flocking to think clearly
                    ah, alas, i'm keeping the copy. for one thing, i haven't even paid my friend for it yet, but more importantly, it's autographed to me by the author, so ain't letting this puppy go.

if you live in the states, you can get it about $10 ordering it straight through www.stargatenovels.com

Comment

ah, alas, i'm keeping the copy. for one thing, i haven't even paid my friend for it yet, but more importantly, it's autographed to me by the author, so ain't letting this puppy go.

if you live in the states, you can get it about $10 ordering it straight through www.stargatenovels.com
                      hmmmm... yes I live in the States, and I LOVE to read whatever I can get my hands on, in fact if I ever get to a convention with RL, JF, and the gang I'm gonna get my two copies (Exogensis & Entanglement) autographed!

thanks for the link!

haven't paid your friend for it yet ey?... hehe funny

Comment

hmmmm... yes I live in the States, and I LOVE to read whatever I can get my hands on, in fact if I ever get to a convention with RL, JF, and the gang I'm gonna get my two copies (Exogensis & Entanglement) autographed!

thanks for the link!

haven't paid your friend for it yet ey?... hehe funny
                        Well, she's gotta let me know what I owe for book as we're doing some swapping. I sent her the Mega Snake DVD

Anyway, I finished the book - quite a good read! Did up a review of sorts at http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/101517.html

Comment

So YOU are wraithfodder.... I was thinking so because your AV here looks like the one on LJ, by the way if you see anyone posting as Valanunthe that's me

well sadly I can't get it, mostly because i'm flat broke and my parents say no to anything Stargate related until we move, and I'm like "I want to read and you guys say no??" it's getting to the point wherein I can't have my fav takeout for dinner.

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...30th-2007.html

August 30, 2007

Photos: More pics from the field trip to the sets of Harmony: more David Hewlett, waiting, apparently; Will Waring looking at the script; and Joe F. smoking a cigar...oh boy, I hope the Thunkers have no problem with smoking. A hunk could kill his fanbase by doing this, maybe. I don't know. How would I know?! I don't know!

Videos: There's one today!! Go here to have a look at ett!

Write-Up: Joe's magical morning ride through the Stargate tumble down the stairs with a full-bladdered-Lulu. That seems fun. Also, after a morning full of excitement and accidents, Joe heads out on location once more prepared for any other amusing accidents waiting for him, like being accidentally eaten by a bear (God-less killing machines that they are). Turns out, he JUST missed a shot of the bear. Oh well. Hopefully we'll get a bear shot tomorrow, or better yet, a couger one.

Of course, we have the now-obligatory report from the set:

I finally made it to Widgen Park where Will was setting up the only scene we’d be shooting that day: scene 29, a seven and a half page complex monster. Arguing, stunning, fixing, shooting, running, jumping, falling. And that was just the behind-the-scenes goings-on. By the time lunch was called, we were running a little late but Will assured me he’d be making up time in the afternoon. Of course the best laid plans of mice, men, and determined directors can be completely undone by something as simple as an airplane flying over the location and ruining three successive takes.

Still, a good time was had by all, especially those hanging around the director’s chair as I had brought along some Zotter’s chocolates for those in need of a pick-me-up. The flavors providing the pick-me-up on this day included Dark Chocolate and Green Veltliner Wine with Long Pepper, Milk Chocolate Sunflower Seeds and Rye Bread, and consensus favorite Dark Chocolate Coffee Plum with Caramelized Bacon.

Tomorrow’s the big night shoot so expect my blog entry to be a little later - say, midnight-ish. Set your alarms!
                            Questions:

Guess.

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                              Hmm--maybe I won't try to go there then. Wait a minute--they have tiger cubs?

Hey, have you ever heard of The West Coast Game Park in Bandon, Oregon? It's one of my favorite places on earth to go, because they let you hold or pet the baby wild animals.... Bear cubs, tiger cubs--oh my!

Oops! Sorry to be OT....
                              Yep! It was all over the local paper here a few weeks back. They got two young tiger cubs - one white cub, and one tabby cub. I wouldn't say they're a bad zoo. They take good care of the animals as far as I know. But they have extremely limited funding, and IMHO they should have had other spending priorities before getting a new, high-maintenance species like tigers. (They got the cubs before they even built the exhibit for them!) If they wanna go AZA, they're going to need to get their priorities in order first, which is pretty much why our zoo gave them the finger when they came ask asked us to mentor them through the process.

I haven't been there, but I've heard a lot about it! Our main tiger guy has mentioned it a lot, and wanting to go back and visit it all the time. He really loved it! (He comes from that really interactive tiger background, too, with hand-raising cubs and "free contact" training)

Apologies for going OT... but ZOMG zoos and large carnivores! There's a reason I'm in this field.
                              "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                              My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...30th-2007.html

August 30, 2007

Photos: More pics from the field trip to the sets of Harmony: more David Hewlett, waiting, apparently; Will Waring looking at the script; and Joe F. smoking a cigar...oh boy, I hope the Thunkers have no problem with smoking. A hunk could kill his fanbase by doing this, maybe. I don't know. How would I know?! I don't know!
                                All I am going to say is that I am glad Mr Hewlett no longer smokes, well as far as I know he gave them up years ago.

I loved the vid, but how do I get to keep it??? *ponders* Joe should put them up on Youtube then I could keep it.

Comment

Working...
                                X