Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    What have you asked him, anyway?
    Is this a private part or can anyone play? no just kidding with that comment...

I asked how many eppys Teyla would not be in(so i know which not to watch) along with a non start gate related question of email scammers, and a few other Q's

total of 6 Q's none were answered so I think all of those were a little too spoilery

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      No, wasn't referring to your post, otherwise I would have quoted it.
      Okay. Then may I ask what post/who you were referring to in your comments about how we shouldn't call people cretins in this thread? Cos I honestly don't recall seeing anyone do so...

And yes, Joe can and does do whatever the heck he wants on his blog. It's obvious. However, part of the problem is that his m.o. is bleeding over here. If he can insult fans, then it's okay if we can insult fans? That's the problem. It has nothing to do with censorship or fan agendas but simple list rules and decent behavior. If people want to go to JOe's blog and ridicule other posters in their comments, nobody is stopping them, but that kind of attitude shouldn't prevail here.
      I see what you're saying but where have people been insulting fans in this thread, recently? There's been a lot of discussion over Joe's comments and the rights and wrongs thereof but I've not seen anyone on here insult other fans? Agreeing with Joe insulting someone doesn't equal insulting someone..?

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
      JM is lucky to have you in his corner PG15. No wonder he answers your questions. I ask JM questions and are respectful and I never get an answer.
      What questions he answers it pretty much random - with the obvious proviso that he is not going to answer questions that ask for major plot spoilers. He doesn't really play favourites... he's gone wild today and answered several of my questions (but not the one I really wanted an answer to, darn the wily fella! ) and at other times I've posted plenty of questions that have gone unanswered. It depends I guess on what he finds interesting at the time and feels like talking about.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
        Okay. Then may I ask what post/who you were referring to in your comments about how we shouldn't call people cretins in this thread? Cos I honestly don't recall seeing anyone do so...
        Er, just use your search feature and you'll see 'cretin' pop up a lot

I see what you're saying but where have people been insulting fans in this thread, recently? There's been a lot of discussion over Joe's comments and the rights and wrongs thereof but I've not seen anyone on here insult other fans? Agreeing with Joe insulting someone doesn't equal insulting someone..?
        We can make a logical assumption that people who bother to take hte time to post on JM's blog comments page are 'fans', of one kind or another, and because Joe called one a cretin, it seems to have given license to folks here to continue the insult.

Simple as that.

Comment

The last question was if the Haley character had a chance to be a regular in Season 9. I guess I had no shot with that question. I've asked Sam/Jack Ship questions and Jack related questions. I guess I should expect no answers on those as well. I may not be the best person to read the Blog or ask questions.

Comment

We’ve set up something BIG for the end of this season that should make for a very exciting fifth season.

why does this seem like he knows something that we don't know yet? Hmmmmm?
            sigpic

Comment

Until SciFi makes the official announcement, season 5 isn't a go, 'fraid to say. You need that official announcement.
              Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
              I for one, LOVE the humor that JM uses when he responds to such comments, I mean think about, for all any of us know he could be....

breaking his ribs trying hard not to laugh like a total loon,

or he could be crying and is trying to keep himself sane enough to answer,

OR

He could just ignore the guy, but he is a nice guy and is doing a great job in taking over the series, and I also noticed that noone is saying the "if" word about S5 anymore.

Is that just me?

Well like prion said, have to hear it from the network. But if you take all the other shows and compare SGA to them. SGA is the 3rd highest show for the network. Even with those 1.2's it pulled into the top 3 ot top 5 for most of it's week. The finale pulled in a 1.5!

SG-1 is gone, Dresden is gone, PKJ is gone(Thankfully), BSG will be ending next season, Flash is tanking big time(Viewers from 1st to 2nd ep cut in half), and Dr, who pulls in very low numbers. The only other shows that pull in the same or better than SGA are Eureka, ECW, and Ghost hunters.

Why would the network put the nail in the coffin for Stargate that brought them and continues to bring them revenue. 2 million viewers, that has to count for something!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
                The last question was if the Haley character had a chance to be a regular in Season 9. I guess I had no shot with that question. I've asked Sam/Jack Ship questions and Jack related questions. I guess I should expect no answers on those as well. I may not be the best person to read the Blog or ask questions.
                Ah. Well, the Haley question may not have been answered because it comes under the heading of "already been answered". If you read back through his blog entries, someone already asked if Haley would feature in Atlantis or something along those lines and his response was something akin to "Oh heck no!!" which gave the impression he's not a fan of the character!

And I'm afraid he's never going to answer the Sam/Jack question on his blog...
                sigpic

Comment

Fair enough. I have no complaints then.

Comment

didn't joe already say that word on s5 won't happen until they have the ratings for a few of hte s4 eps?

thus, since s4 hasn't aired yet so there are no ratings, there can be no word on s5 until...oh i'd guess november or so. (show starts end of sept doesn't it?)

so it'd be smart of them to PLAN for s5 - even if there's a chance it won't happen - because word of the renewal - if it comes - will be coming very late for thier customary production schedule (writing nov/dec/jan, taping starting in jan/feb/mar or so)
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Er, just use your search feature and you'll see 'cretin' pop up a lot

We can make a logical assumption that people who bother to take hte time to post on JM's blog comments page are 'fans', of one kind or another, and because Joe called one a cretin, it seems to have given license to folks here to continue the insult.

Simple as that.
                      Again, I am obviously missing something here as I've just re-read through all the posts since Joe's question response that called the poster a cretin and I've seen no-one on this thread call anyone a cretin or "continue the insult" (unless by "continue the insult" you mean folks on here agreeing with Joe's choice of wording?).

Where are you seeing folks here calling other fans a cretin becuase Joe "made it ok" to do so?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        didn't joe already say that word on s5 won't happen until they have the ratings for a few of hte s4 eps?

thus, since s4 hasn't aired yet so there are no ratings, there can be no word on s5 until...oh i'd guess november or so. (show starts end of sept doesn't it?)

so it'd be smart of them to PLAN for s5 - even if there's a chance it won't happen - because word of the renewal - if it comes - will be coming very late for thier customary production schedule (writing nov/dec/jan, taping starting in jan/feb/mar or so)
                        Joe has stated recently that they won't know about Season 5 until November. He's also stated in response to a question fairly recently that they would look to start spinning stories for Season 5 in November. And he's also stated previously that they are writing Season 4 and planning the story arcs/the finale etc with the assumption that there will be a Season 5.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Well I believe joe said a decision could be reached anywhere from the close of Season 3 to the winter. Hopefully S4 will pull in good ratings for the first couple of eps, and Sci-fi will consider that into the equation.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            Well I believe joe said a decision could be reached anywhere from the close of Season 3 to the winter. Hopefully S4 will pull in good ratings for the first couple of eps, and Sci-fi will consider that into the equation.
                            He's pretty much said in the past that SciFi would base the decision on the ratings of the first few eps of Season 4...
                            sigpic

Comment

He's pretty much said in the past that SciFi would base the decision on the ratings of the first few eps of Season 4...
                              Well it's good if they do. I think the S4 ratings will be good enough. Let's hope so.
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm looking forward to the Joe book club thing The Hogfather was my first pterry, when I was 11. Yay!
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X