Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
    Good points prion. I could be wrong but I still think this question hit to close to home. There was at least an obvious miscommunication between RDA and TPTB regarding his appearances and it is not farfetched to think TPTB wanted RDA to help more on Atlantis.
    Maybe. But even if that was the case, the that should be between RDA, his agent and TPTB, not the fans. We have no right sticking our noses in places where they don't belong.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Ok, I have now read the thread and...

Yeah, well, I'm damn impressed, it's all I got to say! VERY funny there prion and that actually sounded just like me.

Thank you all for the welcome-backs! It really brings a joy to my ego to see you talk about me for about 3 pages straight. It made me feel important. As for the flocking, why, it's quite safe. As for where it's been for the last week...no comment.
      Well, that's justbecause you haven't seen the 5 pages the mods deleted

As for JM's choice of questions... yeah he does it to his iw entertainment, prolly, but at the end of the day, we don't know how many comments like that he sees before he decides to reply to one.
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

RDA gave out the information. The Fans are not sticking our noses were it does not belong. It's not like the Fans are asking about the private lives of the Actors and TPTB. The show belongs to the Fans and without the Fans no show. Why RDA appeared in more Atlantis episodes than SG-1 and if RDA was approached for any Atlantis Season 4 episodes are legitimate questions. I agree the Fan did not post them in a nice way. I also doubt the Fan would have gotten a response to his question if it was nice.
        Last edited by ses110; 26 August 2007, 11:29 AM.

Comment

RDA gave out the information. The Fans are not sticking our noses were it does not belong. It's not like the Fans are asking about the private lives of the Actors and TPTB. The show belongs to the Fans and without the Fans no show.
          I'm not saying he didn't give out some information, but we as fans don't know the full extent of what happened or what was said. We know little bits of information, and it's those little bits that can and do get changed, and some fans do put their own spin on what happened. When the chances are, RDA only meant it as a passing comment.

Oh some fans do ask about the private lives of the actors, and the ins and outs of their contracts and some fans do feel as if it's their right to know exactly what decisions are being made, and how it will affect them. Now i'm not saying that as a fan, they shouldn't ask the questions, and who knows Mr M might give the answers. From my perspective however, there is always a right way and a wrong way to ask a question. And it should always be respectfull, no matter who you're addressing, and the person in question who wrote that, took a little bit of information, put their own spin on it, and made it sound like RDA was forced to do it, when he absolutely hated the idea. That's how it came across. Now i'm not saying that's how it was intended, but that's how it came across.
          Last edited by Pegasus_SGA; 26 August 2007, 11:43 AM. Reason: need to learn the difference between effect and affect

Comment

RDA gave out the information. The Fans are not sticking our noses were it does not belong. It's not like the Fans are asking about the private lives of the Actors and TPTB.
            Uh, sure they are. That's why this cretin asked for a clarification of this whole situation (i.e. more details), plus what TPTB were doing about RDA in Season 4, which is not our business at all.

The show belongs to the Fans and without the Fans no show.
            Well, that is certainly a self-righteous way of thinking. It works for TPTB too, you know. If there is no TPTB, there is no show for us to enjoy/mock/pick apart/gush over/whatever, period. On the other hand, it's almost impossible for a show like this, with this many different fandom factions, to have no fans. If a group doesn't like it and leaves, then another will take its place. There is no fixed fandom, it's changing and being added to/decreased in size all the time.

And who would you call a fan? Can one still be a fan if they don't watch the show anymore? If they do not give anything to the show, in what way does the show "belong" to them?

Seriously, all a fan does is sit down on the couch or bed and watch the entertainment that they get for a few dozen dollars (or for some, zero dollars) and they think that the show belongs to them?! Ridiculous, especially when the cast and crew put in so much time and effort into making it. The show belongs to THEM, pure and simple.

Why RDA appeared in more Atlantis episodes the SG-1 and if RDA was approached for any Atlantis Season 4 episodes are legitimate questions.
            It's as legitimate as asking for the actors' salaries, as both would entail the producers to reveal inside info on the show that they may not wish to be revealed.

I agree the Fan did not post them in a nice way. I also doubt the Fan would have gotten a response to his question if it was nice.
            Proof?

Comment

Welcome back btw. PG15

Comment

Thanks hon.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  fans pull no punches when they post to joe. We've all read many nasty and rude comments left for him...and yeah, he tends to respond in kind.

Now i have heard the arguement that, since it's 100% modded, he can choose what he wants to let through. And why does he let through the rude comments?

Well, it's his blog and his choice. If you don't like his choices, don't read his blog. JOe answers to himself and his bosses
                  I agree! *claps paws* very good points!

I like the idea though of Rick thinking he was going 'back to the family and going to someone else's' that has a ring to it, after all, both shows do tend to find their family likeness in the teams

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Uh, sure they are. That's why this cretin asked for a clarification of this whole situation (i.e. more details), plus what TPTB were doing about RDA in Season 4, which is not our business at all.

Well, that is certainly a self-righteous way of thinking. It works for TPTB too, you know. If there is no TPTB, there is no show for us to enjoy/mock/pick apart/gush over/whatever, period. On the other hand, it's almost impossible for a show like this, with this many different fandom factions, to have no fans. If a group doesn't like it and leaves, then another will take its place. There is no fixed fandom, it's changing and being added to/decreased in size all the time.

And who would you call a fan? Can one still be a fan if they don't watch the show anymore? If they do not give anything to the show, in what way does the show "belong" to them?

Seriously, all a fan does is sit down on the couch or bed and watch the entertainment that they get for a few dozen dollars (or for some, zero dollars) and they think that the show belongs to them?! Ridiculous, especially when the cast and crew put in so much time and effort into making it. The show belongs to THEM, pure and simple.

It's as legitimate as asking for the actors' salaries, as both would entail the producers to reveal inside info on the show that they may not wish to be revealed.
                    If JM wants to call a fan a cretin, he'll do it on his blog, but we don't have to follow suit and call that fan a cretin for asking the question. Ill-advised? Rude? But let's not sink to the same low level.

Actually, the show belongs to MGM, or whoever actually pays for it. Yes, the producers run the show, but ultilmately, MGM, the guys with the pursestrings, can kill it, renew it, or totally change the structure of it.

Actually, star's salaries, once they hit a certain point (more often than not when they're famous celebrity types or the key person on the show) do hit the press. There was an article not long ago which discussed salaries on TV actors, and of course, whenever there's a contract negotiation spat, we all will find out via E.T. or the tabloids just how much that actor makes

Comment

It's not the Fans business regarding RDA in Season 4? Fans should question TPTB on what is going on with there favorite characters and show. What are we suppose to do sit like good little boys and girls and never question anything from TPTB? TPTB have a lot to answer for IMO.What is it National Security? Why have a Blog if all these questions are out of bounds? What kinds of questions are allowed?
                      Last edited by ses110; 26 August 2007, 03:01 PM.

Comment

It's not the Fans business regarding RDA in Season 4? What is it National Security? Why have a Blog if all these questions are out of bounds? What kinds of questions are allowed?
                        That wasn't the point of the question though was it? The implication of the poster in question was that RDA had been shafted! Mr M has already said there are no plans for RDA to appear in S4. If you have a look over his blog he does tell you more or less what he authorises and what he'll answer.

Comment

Lots of good Midway station pictures today! And is that Kavanaugh?! (I haven't read the blog yet, just seen the pics)

Edit: And looks like Joe will be providing video on his blog in the next day or two!

Edit 2:

"We’ve set up something BIG for the end of this season that should make for a very exciting fifth season."

I'm so excited about new Atlantis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Last edited by SGFerrit; 26 August 2007, 03:02 PM.

Comment

I hope I'm not rusty after all that vacation time.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...t-26-2007.html

August 26, 2007

Photos: Andy Mikita bug-eyed, no doubt because of the Wraith behind him (!!); the Wraiths chillaxin' out on the set; Kavanaugh smiling!! Another wraith, this time no doubt calling out which aisle needs a clean-up; Kavanaugh lying on the ground (make up your own opinions on this); this is a big one: the Chucknician reading something while standing near the Wraith drive-thru operator, with a worried David Hewlett on a screen beside him, they are all surrounded by the crew; and finally, a big grin from Dr. Lee!!

Write-Up: An update on reading, and a Joe Mallozzi book club? What the hell did I miss when I was away?!

Questions:

Jen Kirk writes: “Second, what type of files does your cam create?”

Answer: Problem solved. Rather than film in HD, I’ll switch to the lower quality Standard Def which has proven much easier to transfer and upload. I’ll give it my first official test tomorrow.

This will be good...

Sanura writes: “ If Stargate ever finishes for good (PTB and ratings and heaven forbid), would you be allowed/inclined to read any fanfiction?”

Answer: If and when Stargate ends, I believe I’ll be so Stargated out that the last thing I’ll want to check out is anything Stargate related.

Rac76 writes: “I must have missed something, but who is Evil?”

Answer: Evil, aka Kenny Gibbs, is our props master.

Wingwyrm writes: “I can't seem to find a single episode with Ra's eye as a tattoo. Either I'm missing something or Ra had few to none warriors.”

Answer: My take has always been that Ra’s Jaffa were so fiercely loyal that they perished in battle rather than being taken alive and given the opportunity to switch their allegiance.

PG15 writes: “My question is, do you ever travel to just see the scenery? Or is it mainly for relaxation and food?”

Answer: Welcome back. What did you bring me? When I travel, it’s usually for relaxation and food, although I do end up checking out the scenery if I’m with my wife.

Not Stargate-related I know, but come on, give me a break here.

AtlantisFanNew1 a ecrit: “1)Vous avez toujour eu des bouldogues francais comme chiens? 2)Vous préférez, le chocolat blanc? noir? au lait? avec des noisettes?des amandes?aux riz soufflé? 3)Le bébé de teyla sera normal? 4)Avez vous un couple préféré dans stargate atlantis ? Lequel?”

Reponses: 1) Non. Lulu est un bouldogue francais, mais Jelly, Maximus, et Bubba sont des pugs. 2) Non. 3) ? 4) Non.

MrsB108 writes: “1)Will Rodney have continuing moments of selflessness this season, thoughtfully putting others before himself? 2)Can we expect some interesting interactions between Keller and Ronon? 3)Can we expect big storyline changes when Season Five gets picked up?”

Answer: 1) Yup. One particularly memorable moment from the first half of season four comes to mind. 2) Yup. Some particularly memorable scenes from the second half of season four come to mind. 3) We’ve set up something BIG for the end of this season that should make for a very exciting fifth season.

Comment

I have no problem if TPTB does not want to share spoilers. I also have no problem if a Fan thinks RDA was shafted. That may or may not be the case. IMO both JM and the Fan could have handled things better. If a question really is rude and nasty why post it and then why insult the Fan? You then seem just like that same Fan.

Comment

It's not the Fans business regarding RDA in Season 4? Fans should question TPTB on what is going on with there favorite characters and show. What are we suppose to do sit like good little boys and girls and never question anything from TPTB? TPTB have a lot to answer for IMO.What is it National Security? Why have a Blog if all these questions are out of bounds? What kinds of questions are allowed?
                                Well, you can question them, but don't expect an answer if the question is way out of bounds. They're running a business here, not something that can determine the fates of, say, 300 million people (i.e. they're not the government).

Originally posted by prion View Post
                                If JM wants to call a fan a cretin, he'll do it on his blog, but we don't have to follow suit and call that fan a cretin for asking the question. Ill-advised? Rude? But let's not sink to the same low level.
                                Personally, I don't like the whole "level" stuff. It's like saying I have better tastes in music than you because I don't like what you're listening to. It's just another way for people to think of one person's opinions are worth more/"better" than another's.

I'm calling the idiot a cretin the same reason I call anyone that; I believe he is one. I mean for cryin' out loud, conspiracy much?

Actually, the show belongs to MGM, or whoever actually pays for it. Yes, the producers run the show, but ultilmately, MGM, the guys with the pursestrings, can kill it, renew it, or totally change the structure of it.
                                I stand corrected then. But still, it's more theirs or the producers (who actually makes up the stuff) than ours.

Actually, star's salaries, once they hit a certain point (more often than not when they're famous celebrity types or the key person on the show) do hit the press. There was an article not long ago which discussed salaries on TV actors, and of course, whenever there's a contract negotiation spat, we all will find out via E.T. or the tabloids just how much that actor makes
                                Pfft, they just want to show off.

EDIT:

If a question really is rude and nasty why post it and then why insult the Fan?
                                Because he deserves it?

Comment

Working...
                                X