Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
    I know many will disagree but IMO JM should not be calling a fan a cretin. RDA said himself he was surprised to be doing Atlantis episodes. TPTB should have told RDA of the possibility of doing Atlantis episodes. RDA was on SG-1 not Atlantis.The Fan should not have said tricked but that question really seem to hit a nerve.
    If you ask a cretinous question, you fully deserve to get called a cretin.

I think the only nerve that question hit was Joe's "stupid alert" nerve.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      If you ask a cretinous question, you fully deserve to get called a cretin.

I think the only nerve that question hit was Joe's "stupid alert" nerve.
      No offense, but JM could easily take the higher road and not sound as stupid/mean as the people he finds stupid or mean.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        No offense, but JM could easily take the higher road and not sound as stupid/mean as the people he finds stupid or mean.
        Where would the fun be in that?

Comment

i think the only comment rickmade aobut being on atlantis was along the line of 'i signed up to do five episodes and i expected to come back to my family. little did i realize that i was coming back to someone else's(ie doing atlantis)'

I don't get the impression that he was tricked per se as he was contracted to do five episodes, and he just assumed that they'd all be sg1, and they weren't
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            i think the only comment rickmade aobut being on atlantis was along the line of 'i signed up to do five episodes and i expected to come back to my family. little did i realize that i was coming back to someone else's(ie doing atlantis)'

I don't get the impression that he was tricked per se as he was contracted to do five episodes, and he just assumed that they'd all be sg1, and they weren't
            They probably asked him back for five episodes of Stargate and then thought, oh hey, let's do a couple SGA episodes too. We'll never know, being mere fans not privy contract details.

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
            Where would the fun be in that?
            Well, JM obviously has fun in flaming people...

Comment

I also remember RDA saying he was surprised to be doing Atlantis episodes. I doubt TPTB tricked him but they should have told RDA about the possibility of doing more Atlantis episodes than SG-1. RDA spend 8 years on SG-1 and is going to expect doing the episodes on SG-1. I doubt RDA would want to do more Atlantis episodes than SG-1. RDA said he wanted to wrap things up. What is there to wrap up on Atlantis? Either way the Fan could have come off nicer and JM should not be calling the Fans names IMO.

Comment

Oh thanks for that, i'd not heard of that before.

They probably asked him back for five episodes of Stargate and then thought, oh hey, let's do a couple SGA episodes too. We'll never know, being mere fans not privy contract details.

Well, JM obviously has fun in flaming people...
                I think someone's post, irrespective of where it's located or whom it's directed at, sets the tone to how people respond, and JM was responding in that way.

I also remember RDA saying he was surprised to be doing Atlantis episodes. I doubt TPTB tricked him but they should have told RDA about the possibility of doing more Atlantis episodes than SG-1. RDA spend 8 years on SG-1 and is going to expect doing the episodes on SG-1. Either way the Fan could have come off nicer and JM should not be calling the Fans names IMO.
                I agree we will never know the ins and outs of contracts, because it's none of our business. With that said, some people like to take things and twist things round to suit their own conspiracy theories depending on which side of the fence they're sitting on. Given it's his blog, he's entitled to respond any way he wants. Those that read his blog, should know that he's not going to sit back, and say very politely, 'I'm sorry, I disagree.' That's not his way, so if people want a respectful answer then they should ask respectfully.

Comment

fans pull no punches when they post to joe. We've all read many nasty and rude comments left for him...and yeah, he tends to respond in kind.

Now i have heard the arguement that, since it's 100% modded, he can choose what he wants to let through. And why does he let through the rude comments?

Well, it's his blog and his choice. If you don't like his choices, don't read his blog. JOe answers to himself and his bosses
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

fans pull no punches when they post to joe. We've all read many nasty and rude comments left for him...and yeah, he tends to respond in kind.

Now i have heard the arguement that, since it's 100% modded, he can choose what he wants to let through. And why does he let through the rude comments?

Well, it's his blog and his choice. If you don't like his choices, don't read his blog. JOe answers to himself and his bosses
                    True, but seriously, I don't think he's accountable to his bosses for his pithy remarks towards fans, etc. He's the showrunner, so who would get upset? someone at MGM who probably wants any publicity possible for the show, particularly if it's free? It's not like they're breaking the bank to advertise SGA.

Comment

And there's no such thing as 'bad' advertising, it's all publicity, and if TPTB aren't promoting SGA, as much as they should be, then there are always alternate ways

Comment

It is JM Blog and his choice but why reward rude behavior but posting those comments? It would send a message if the rude comments were not posted. The Blog should not be an insult competition between the Fans and JM IMO. It's strange to me why a showrunner would want to even respond to rude and nasty comments.

Comment

It is JM Blog and his choice but why reward rude behavior but posting those comments? It would send a message if the rude comments were not posted. The Blog should not be an insult competition between the Fans and JM IMO.
                          He did actually say what he wouldn't authorise a while ago, I can't rememeber the exact words he used, it may be in this thread actually a while ago, but basically most things he allows through unless they are 'extreme'. He's allowed posts that slag him off, slag the show off, slag other posters off... etc. What message would it send if it wasn't authorised? I don't think the vitriolic messages would stop, simply because they weren't authorised. And he has put his foot down a couple of times when it gets really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post

I think someone's post, irrespective of where it's located or whom it's directed at, sets the tone to how people respond, and JM was responding in that way.

I agree we will never know the ins and outs of contracts, because it's none of our business. With that said, some people like to take things and twist things round to suit their own conspiracy theories depending on which side of the fence they're sitting on. Given it's his blog, he's entitled to respond any way he wants. Those that read his blog, should know that he's not going to sit back, and say very politely, 'I'm sorry, I disagree.' That's not his way, so if people want a respectful answer then they should ask respectfully.
                            THe sad thing is that lots of respectfully asked questions do get asked, but JM ignores them to go after the pithy fans, so he can use them to just ignore other questions. ANother thing is that JM has a history of sniping at fans, and vice versa. Heck, he was flaming comic book publishers before he even joined a SG list so it's really the pot calling the kettle black

Comment

Good points prion. I could be wrong but I still think this question hit to close to home. There was at least an obvious miscommunication between RDA and TPTB regarding his appearances and it is not farfetched to think TPTB wanted RDA to help more on Atlantis.

Comment

THe sad thing is that lots of respectfully asked questions do get asked, but JM ignores them to go after the pithy fans, so he can use them to just ignore other questions. ANother thing is that JM has a history of sniping at fans, and vice versa. Heck, he was flaming comic book publishers before he even joined a SG list so it's really the pot calling the kettle black
                                True. He never answers my questions anymore. *sniff* And I think my questions are perfectly reasonable. The thing is he's said it does depend on what mood he's in, so if he's feeling snarky, and someone's posted something... that's not quite thought out, shall we say, then you can pretty much guarantee that something will be said. I have no problems with snark irrespective of who it's from. I quite like witty replies, so for me it doesn't bother me. But I can understand others who do see a problem with it. But, if you're (general) feeling particularly sensitive, and find it displeasing, then maybe it's not the blog for you (again general you)?

Comment

Working...
                                X