Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melora View Post
    As I recall, Peter Wingfield was not happy with how the production schedule on SG-1 worked. He was asked at a convention why his character on Stargate was killed off and he basically said that he didn't want to work on the show anymore. It seems for guest stars (at least back in season 4 and 5), the show required them to be always on call during the week their episode was shooting. Even if they were in just one or two scenes and scheduled for one or two days of work, they could not go out on auditions or take other jobs during that entire week. I believe Peter mentioned that he had missed out on some auditions b/c of this policy.

On a related note, in the opening scene of 48 Hours where Tanith's ship gets blown up by Teal'c, they used CGI to put PW's head on another actor's body b/c PW didn't want to be in anymore eps after Between Two Fires.

But who knows, maybe he will change his mind. I certainly would be thrilled to see him on SGA as a completely different character.
    Ah yes, I forgot about that, the digitizing his face onto another actor's body. Can't blame PW for not wanting to be on the show after that. But, he seems to be doing well over in the UK.

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
    Engagement scene?!

I think if it's the kind of engagement we all seem to be taking it to mean (it does have different meanings, and Joe does like to mess with us), then it'll be McKay and Katie. Otherwise they're getting two people together and marrying them pretty fast.

I can see Rodney proposing to somebody being a pretty entertaining scene...
    I doubt he'll answer any questions on his blog, so we'll have to speculate forever, or just forget about it. Of course, we're assuming logically he means engagement as in pre-marriage, but engagement can mean other things. As someone said, yes, he does like to mess with us (even David Hewlett said that!)

Comment

I could go for Rodney and Kate getting engaged. Definitely "adorkable."

Comment

Today's entry

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...t-24-2007.html

Lots of on-set and behind the scenes photos:
        Wraithed expedition soldiers
        Jason Momoa (wearing I don't know what!!)
        Various writers
        Lisa Joyner of Infanity
        Wraiths on set
        Jewel and hubby

The write up is about Nora O'Brian bidding Stargate farewell as she is promoted to a role at NBC. And:

Oh, and I’ve noticed that a thoroughly innocent passing comment I made in yesterday’s blog installment has engendered a fair amount of discussion. I wrote: “watched the episode with the engagement scene”. First, keep in mind that on average two and half weeks pass between episodes so it’s very possible for a relationship that develops early in the season to pay off in some surprising way later in the season. Second, it’s all the more likely if there are extenuating circumstances. Third, fans are getting angry and upset, so forget I mentioned it.

Q&A (not much in the way of Stargate related questions today):

Anonymous #1 writes: “Rising is a strong pilot b/c it is a total copy of the the SG1 pilot.”

Answer: True. It had both a Stargate AND science fiction elements! We tried to do a pilot that was radically different than the SG1 pilot but instead of naming it Stargate: Atlantis, they ended up calling it Desperate Housewives.

Platschu writes: “1. Will Christopher Judge be in Reunion and Midway? 2. When will be released the first offical season 4 team photos? 3. Why do you prefer the Earth-based stories? 4. Will Ronon or Teyla have an own character centric episode in the second half of the season? 5. What do you think about the Stargate : Worlds game?”

Answers: 1. He will be in both. 2. No idea. 3. I do? 4. The majority of the episodes in the back half will be team-centered. 5. No opinion as I’m not familiar with it.
        Last edited by Alipeeps; 25 August 2007, 01:54 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          Today's entry

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...t-24-2007.html

Lots of on-set and behind the scenes photos:
          Wraithed expedition soldiers
          Ah, I knew those three soldiers in the previous blog's photos were doomed!!!

Oh, and I’ve noticed that a thoroughly innocent passing comment I made in yesterday’s blog installment has engendered a fair amount of discussion. I wrote: “watched the episode with the engagement scene”. First, keep in mind that on average two and half weeks pass between episodes so it’s very possible for a relationship that develops early in the season to pay off in some surprising way later in the season. Second, it’s all the more likely if there are extenuating circumstances. Third, fans are getting angry and upset, so forget I mentioned it.
          Uh yup, JOe, sure. Cat's out of the bag, intentionally. He's probably cackling with glee at all the fuss he's stirred up

Comment

engagement scene

what are the chances that, once word gets out that teyla is preggers, one of the guys offers to marry her - possibly rodney - out of the old fashioned sentiments...adn we get a cute 'teammate standing behind a teammate' scene?
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

hey Sky, that would be a very heart breaking eppy Rodney and Teyla?? think of the fighting(love) heheheh no offense just had to say it

My coffee tanker is on Shep/Teyla engagement either that or Rodney gets engaged to someone and John and Teyla think, "what they heck" and also get engaged

OK I'm done now. must return to my game(s) on another site(which shall at this time be nameless) hehe take care all.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

And what games might those be...
                1-800-Iluv-JandT
                sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                  And what games might those be...
                  just to name a few of them....

Stargate(the movie)
                  SG-1
                  SGA-1
                  Both SG-1 & SGA-1 mixed(I run this one)(I play myself as well as Teyla in it)
                  two Star Wars/Stargate SG-1 crossover games
                  and last but not least
                  a SG-1/Stargate(the movie) crossover(in which I play as Teyla)

they are fun but now back on topic guys! Quick! before I start posting in here about something non-Blog related! *dahses out of thread as fast as all four paws can run*

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                    The write up is about Nora Jones bidding Stargate farewell as she is promoted to a role at NBC.
                    Thank you for the update.

One small correction -- the name is Nora O'Brien.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Funny, I always thought there's a week between regular episodes (unless stated otherwise in the episode) with a much bigger break between the mid-season finale and the next episode.... It always seemed that way.

Ah, well.
                      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        engagement scene

what are the chances that, once word gets out that teyla is preggers, one of the guys offers to marry her - possibly rodney - out of the old fashioned sentiments...adn we get a cute 'teammate standing behind a teammate' scene?
                        Although, ot a shipper for SGA, I kinda like that idea of Rodney being chivelrous... well, attempting to anyway. That could be quite funny and sweet. Or it could be Teyla and the baby's dad?

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                          Thank you for the update.

One small correction -- the name is Nora O'Brien.

Morjana
                          Thats what I get for typing hurriedly whilst half awake.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
                            Assuming all are from the same episode, it has to be Midway because of Chris Judge being in the pics. I say the set is the Midway Station which maybe the Wraith have found out about.
                            Yes, that's what I thought. At first I thought the set was a ship, but it would make alot more sense for it to be the station (Chris Judge pic a few days ago, the Wraith are their etc...)

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                              Yes, that's what I thought. At first I thought the set was a ship, but it would make alot more sense for it to be the station (Chris Judge pic a few days ago, the Wraith are their etc...)
                              I have asked some question yesterday and he answered.

Platschu writes: “1. Will Christopher Judge be in Reunion and Midway? 2. When will be released the first offical season 4 team photos? 3. Why do you prefer the Earth-based stories? 4. Will Ronon or Teyla have an own character centric episode in the second half of the season? 5. What do you think about the Stargate : Worlds game?”

Answers: 1. He will be in both. 2. No idea. 3. I do? 4. The majority of the episodes in the back half will be team-centered. 5. No opinion as I’m not familiar with it.
                              So Teal'c will be in two episode. I am happy, because he can be a moral guide and teacher for Ronon as Bratac was for Teal'c.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...t-25-2007.html

Today's pics: Appetizer, dinner, dessert, Evil shows off the bling, Director Wil Waring and Evil, Lulu settling in, something from the Art Department [artwork of ruined bridge from Harmony]

He mentions: Oh, good news and bad news. The good news is blogger.com has added a new video feature that will allow me to post clips. The bad news is I’m completely inept when it comes to things techie and I haven’t the faintest how to convert clips from my HD camera to wmv or avi files. I’ll keep you posted on my progress.

Today’s mail -

Alipeeps writes: “Good lord! What on earth is Jason wearing in that photo? Is that a costume or his own clothes?”

Answer: When I spotted him, I wondered aloud: “What the hell was our costume department thinking?” Alas, it was an outfit from his own closet.

Anonymous #1 writes: “When will you find out if Atlantis is gonna get picked up for a fifth season?”

Answer: Probably not until November.

Anonymous #2 writes: “And did you even attempt to get Rick for a couple of episodes in S4? It's just strange how you tricked him to do 3 Atlantis appearances last season…”

Answer: Yeah, tricking him was really tough. We told him we were going to take him out for lunch and told him to meet us down on Stage 6 and then, when he showed up, we locked the doors and told him he wasn’t getting out until he delivered the lines we had scripted for him. Boy, nothing gets by a swift-minded cretin such as yourself. Anymore juvenile conspiracy theories you’d care to throw our way?

Comment

Working...
                                X