Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prion View Post
    Er, no....
    MOCK
    1. to attack or treat with ridicule, contempt, or derision.
    2. to ridicule by mimicry of action or speech; mimic derisively.

So, mocking is basically breaking GW's rules
    But even the mods do it when it suits, so defining what is allowed and what isn't is like trying to nail down a blancmange.

Not that I think they or anyone else shouldn't do it. Mockery is an incisive tool. Ever since the earliest satires "held up a mirror to society" to expose flaws and failings and to reveal new angles on behaviour, mockery is valuable. Nothing throws hypocrisy or deceit into sharp relief like a well aimed juxtaposition or a swift trip to an unamapped logical conclusion. That should be as useful here as anywhere else.

And of course bullies hate being mocked. It's the best way to stop them, because it's the antithesis of their desired effect on those they target.

Banning mockery from broad discussion is like trying to ban the colour green from an artist's palette: it impoverishes the mix, and someone will figure out how to use red and blue to defeat your objective regardless.
    Last edited by scarimor; 05 August 2007, 09:22 AM.
    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      No you haven't:

...And that's what I sent off to Joe.
      Excellent, if only I could green you for that

Just keep on with the flocking its doing good work...

Comment

Er, no....
        MOCK

So the mocking stays on Joe's blog, and the flocking stays here
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          So the mocking stays on Joe's blog, and the flocking stays here
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
            But even the mods do it when it suits, so defining what is allowed and what isn't is like trying to nail down a blancmange.

Not that I think they or anyone else shouldn't do it. Mockery is an incisive tool. Ever since the earliest satires "held up a mirror to society" to expose flaws and failings and to reveal new angles on behaviour, mockery is valuable. Nothing throws hypocrisy or deceit into sharp relief like a well aimed juxtaposition or a swift trip to an unamapped logical conclusion. That should be as useful here as anywhere else.

And of course bullies hate being mocked. It's the best way to stop them, because it's the antithesis of their desired effect on those they target.

Banning mockery from broad discussion is like trying to ban the colour green from an artist's palette: it impoverishes the mix, and someone will figure out how to use red and blue to defeat your objective regardless.
            And anybody who wants to mock joe, or mock the people who mock joe on his comments page, should simply do it ON his comments page, instead of dragging it over here, as no doubt many of the folk on that comments page aren't on GW.

Comment

Er, no....
              MOCK

*Saves post for later use*.

Comment

And anybody who wants to mock joe, or mock the people who mock joe on his comments page, should simply do it ON his comments page, instead of dragging it over here, as no doubt many of the folk on that comments page aren't on GW.
                I suspect most of them are from elsewhere.

Given how outlandish some of the comments there are, it's probably impossible to discuss his responses to them without sharing. It's not as if numerous posters on this thread haven't laughed at some of the comments, and not just recently. And over and over we see JM described as a "stirrer" and "rabble-rouser" and similar. I'm going to watch this thread to see how it copes with a gagging order which covers so much of the topic in question
                scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                  I suspect most of them are from elsewhere.

Given how outlandish some of the comments there are, it's probably impossible to discuss his responses to them without sharing. It's not as if numerous posters on this thread haven't laughed at some of the comments, and not just recently. And over and over we see JM described as a "stirrer" and "rabble-rouser" and similar. I'm going to watch this thread to see how it copes with a gagging order which covers so much of the topic in question
                  It's not a gag order, it's board rules not to villify, mock, etc. other fans (and yes, the anonymous folk, whoever they are, are considered fans to one degree or another) or cast/crew. On JM's comments page, you can basically say whatever you want, and he says it back, but that kind of behavior shouldn't translate over here (as we already have enough of it; why import it?)

I'm sure there's plenty to talk about on JM's blog with regards to spoilers, food, etc. without muckracking fans.

Comment

I'm sure there's plenty to talk about on JM's blog with regards to spoilers, food, etc. without muckracking fans.
                    like how joe gave the s/j shippers a shippy gift to mull over?

i can't say enough how much i NEEDED that either. ~sighs~

(wonders how long it'll be before someone mocks this? )

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...st-5-2007.html

August 5, 2007

Photos: Lulu, crowds at the Richmond Night Market, and fooood.

Write-Up: A mole-hill made into mountain that little Eric tripped over; Joe realizes his obsession with villainhood might be going too far (or not far enough); food; and an update on reading.

Questions:

Teyla’s Angel writes: “Hi Joe, since you have all but confirmed that John's doppelganger will be the father of Teyla's baby, can you assure us that their relationship will become canon in season 4?”

Answer: I did what?

SueS writes: “Since Harmony is the final ep, is it being written as if there will be a season 5 - i.e. with a cliffhanger ending or will all the loose ends be tied up?”

Answer: Harmony is not the season finale. The season finale has yet to be broken. Also, the production order of the episodes does not reflect their air order.

PG15 writes: “Lord Joe of Mallozzi-on-Chocolate-Fountain…”

Answer: I warned you about eating that flocking!

My Name Is Scott writes: "If you were to magically turn into a woman, what name would you choose for yourself?"

Answer: Probably Scott.

Comment

[url]

Hmm, haven't we all???

Cute pup. Looks sorta like a bat with those ears!

Comment

Hmm, haven't we all???

Cute pup. Looks sorta like a bat with those ears!
                          I was just going to say the same thing. See, PG15, even Joe agrees with us that you have a problem!

And yes, the pup is adorable. Batdog!!
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

Somehow that stuff just HAS to be better then my catnip coffee!

oh and hello everyone I'm the kitty that sleeps in Teylas' socks

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Hello, and welcome!

Hey now, if eating(!!) that flocking gave me the talent to write what I wrote yesterday, then I say give me seconds!

Comment

Hello, and welcome!

Hey now, if eating(!!) that flocking gave me the talent to write what I wrote yesterday, then I say give me seconds!
                                Talent he says.
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X