Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now you might want to sit down when you read this, BUT as it stands, I don't have an opinion on who updates the thread from JM's blog!

I think i'm mellowing.... Never a good thing, someone rile me up please.

I was looking at all the messages on JM's blog today and given the high number of posts already, is Joe giving away more flocking that I don't know about?

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      Doesn't make sense. Lots of other people posts news too besides myself and Morjana. And it's not a project (gee, sure hope nobody views posting here as project!) but just something that if someone hits JM's blog at that point in between PG15's anxious refreshing or flocking cuddling, that why shouldn't anybody else post - it's mostly just a quick cut and paste - and it's about the news, not who posts it, after all
      I know that a lot of other people post news besides you and Morjana, Prion. But let's face it: You two are the ones most likely to get the most up-to-date Stargate news to the rest of us. It's a nice way to keep the rest of us informed, and I'm sure 80% of us appreciate the news and links you both provide.

And I believe one person updating does make sense. Otherwise, you have moments where PG15 takes time to post the update, only to find that you have done it already. It may not be an issue for PG15, and if not, then fine. But I would imagine it would seem like a waste of time.

Is it so bad to just have one person do it? Or at least to wait a certain amount of time before trying? PG15 started this thread way back in January/February, and even though sgeureka initiated the detailed updates, I think PG15 should (or could) have dibs... as it were.

that's what I mean. it's not a race, but we can look it up ourselves and if we want to repost the info, no big deal (to quote PG himself<G>). I've been culling Joe's blog since day one (it makes a very big fat Word file) so for me, if I happen to cull, see nobody's posted, I just post. Just like anybody else does on other threads
      To be honest (again, I'm really not in the mood to make waves), but from an outsider who just comes here to read JM's updates, it very much seems like a race. There's been joking about PG15's incessant refreshing, but sometimes it doesn't seem like he's the only one who does it.

At any rate, it's really a decision that you and PG can make between yourselves. But if for some reason it's put to a vote, I vote that only one person updates the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
        I think the thing to remember is that, much as I enjoy PG's flair-filled updates, under GW rules no-one "owns" a particular thread or has any more or less right to post in it than anyone else... so if for some reason, on some rare occasion, PG is caught short actually having a RL and doesn't post an update in here 15 milliseconds after Joe updates his blog, there's no reason why someone else shouldn't feel free to do so... and ideally we should try and avoid duplicate posts and, without it being a race or anything, if someone else has posted first then the first post should really be allowed to stand and duplicates removed.
        Thanks. that's what I've been trying to say. This is an open forum, anyone is free to post and shouldn't be constrained in posting. I mean, the only people who can make certain posts on certain info (such as official GW stuff) are the mods. As for threads like this, or character threads, etc. etc. it's just post what you want, as long as you're nice about it and stay on-topic And I've made a duplicate post or two (or 3 or 4) and they get removed and it's no big deal.

dancer of spaz said
        To be honest (again, I'm really not in the mood to make waves), but from an outsider who just comes here to read JM's updates, it very much seems like a race. There's been joking about PG15's incessant refreshing, but sometimes it doesn't seem like he's the only one who does it.

I haven't the faintest idea who refreshes what, but the joke with PG (one as I recall) was from a remark he made and he was very good about it.

Comment

Thanks. that's what I've been trying to say. This is an open forum, anyone is free to post and shouldn't be constrained in posting. I mean, the only people who can make certain posts on certain info (such as official GW stuff) are the mods. As for threads like this, or character threads, etc. etc. it's just post what you want, as long as you're nice about it and stay on-topic And I've made a duplicate post or two (or 3 or 4) and they get removed and it's no big deal.

dancer of spaz said

I haven't the faintest idea who refreshes what, but the joke with PG (one as I recall) was from a remark he made and he was very good about it.
          I don't think it's a 'constraint' though, PG15 enjoys it. And i'm sure it's got nothing to do with the lovely things he gets in return. *luffs ya hon* I wouldn't want to take that pleasure away from him if he wants to keep doing it.

Didn't I say that I had no opinion on the matter?

*runs out the thread*

Comment

Holy crap, I've become an issue of debate!

Yes, prion, that refreshing remark (no pun intended) was definatly my doing. I've got no qualms with making fun of myself; it's one of my...awesome qualities, as it were.

Perhaps I got a little out of control yesterday, I'll admit that. I would point to the flocking for making me a bit big-headed. Seriously though, it does feel a tad like a waste of time when somebody posts before me, but then I got a lot of time to waste anyway, so, like both of us have said, it's no big deal.

What is a big deal, is that one of us get the holy documents of Joe's blog out there for the people, for they shall be the one to...ok, I'm gonna doing that.

Thanks to all who's complimented me, because I highly appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

Yes, prion, that refreshing remark (no pun intended) was definatly my doing. I've got no qualms with making fun of myself; it's one of my...awesome qualities, as it were.
              Don't forget the modesty to my you're certainly riling everyone up this week. It must be the flocking. People are just getting bitter and twisted now cos they're jealous now you've become a celebrity an everything.

Perhaps I got a little out of control yesterday, I'll admit that. I would point to the flocking for making me a bit big-headed. Seriously though, it does feel a tad like a waste of time when somebody posts before me, but then I got a lot of time to waste anyway, so, like both of us have said, it's no big deal.

What is a big deal, is that one of us get the holy documents of Joe's blog out there for the people, for they shall be the one to...ok, I'm gonna doing that.

Don't forget to walk out the thread sideways hon, wouldn't want you to whump yourself!

Ah you know we luffs ya hon. And for those that don't realise, I was joking.

Comment

Oh it's definitely the flocking... it all adds to the allure...
                sigpic

Comment

Well if someone does feel strongly enough to want to post the blog entry contents first, then perhaps you could still do a post with your comments on it? That way I can still chuckle!
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah I can do that.

Comment

July 25th...

Well, we’re heading into the four day Comic Con break. Carl managed to put out his Final Draft of Midway (Final Draft being a misnomer really since he’ll be revising that sucker between now and about two days after it’s been shot) while Marty G. is finding out that his little Three’s Company episode aint gonna be as little as he thought. Paul and Alan are prepping Kindred II while I think about that final open script slot and, of course, research San Diego restaurants. After a day of shooting Kindred I, we’re shooting the final day of Miller’s Crossing, then will be switching back to Kindred I when we return on Monday. By then, I’ll be well-rested, tanned, and the proud owner of a French bulldog (who we’re hoping to pick up late Sunday afternoon). As it turns out, I’ll be in good company. Turns out Mr. Flanigan owns a Frenchie as well, and has actually had occasion to take it surfing (According to the American Canine Association, Frenchies are a stubborn yet affectionate breed with an affinity for couches, snacks, and, yes, surfing).

LadyConure writes: “The early legends and lores aside, do you get any feedback worth mentioning from religious groups about the careful line you walk regarding God? There have been some great moments (Vala conceiving w/o .... and other such moments I noticed previous to that one) where it was addressed in a secular reference.”
                      Answer: Actually, you’re the first person to bring it up.

Anonymous #1 writes: “Will Rob be joining you or is that a typo? I was also curious if you will be sitting in on the Arc of Truth panel?”
                      Answer: Rob is planning to join us on the Atlantis panel (he is the show’s co-creator after all). And, no, I will not be joining the Ark of Truth panel. But do take assiduous notes so that you can fill me in on everything I miss.

PG15 writes: “1. Are you going to continue to update your blog over Comic Con? 2. Any EVA action/spacewalks (like McKay in "The Siege Part 1") in the near future for the show?”Answer: 1. Yup. 2. Possibly. 3. Again, congratulations on winning the flocking. Please remember: do not consume or allow to come into contact with exposed flesh. Enjoy.

Shawna writes: “Interesting to see Jason's tattoo. Did that cause any issues for you guys, like costuming or anything?”
                      Answer: We had to hide it for the first two episodes, then wrote it into the third (Reunion).

Joshua Meyers writes: “The costume changes are starting to worry me a little, Can you guys go back to the original ones for a while, because i miss them?”
                      Answer: The cast would probably kill me if I asked them to switch back.

Anonymous #2 writes: “Now you'll get some firefly fans, Amanda freaks like MajorSal and the David Hewlett fanclub. That's not representative of the fans of the show.”
                      Answer: Uh, yeah they are. If they’re fans of the show, regardless of what sub-category of fandom they belong to, then they are “representative of the fans of the show”.

PG15 writes: “Has Joel started putting in the music for the episodes?”Answer: Yes. They Day One Mixes include all of the music for a given episode.

Anonymous #3 writes: “There's a rumor that McKay's sister dies. Yes or no?”
                      Answer: No comment.

Uber writes: “Any chance you could bring your camera on stage and take a few pictures from your POV? Not only of the crowd but of the others on the panel?”
                      Answer: Already planning on it.

Disgusted Sam-Jack Shipper writes: “So Sam/Teal'c got more in one single episode than Sam/Jack ever would.”
                      Answer: You mean the so-subtle-everyone-missed-it suggestion of a Sam/Teal’c relationship in Unending which was undone at episode’s end is, in your opinion, more than anything we’ve done in relation to the Sam-Jack ship? Okay, I‘d buy it, if this happened to be the one and only episode of SG-1 you’ve ever watched.

Disgusted Sam-Jack Shipper writes: “BTW Sam has longer hair because Tealc likes it more since she had long hair in Unending too?”
                      Answer: Yup, from now on all of Carter’s decisions will be based on Teal’c’s likes and dislikes. It’ll be very subtle because we won’t ever make mention of the supposed romance, but it’ll be there. Just so you know.

Anonymous #4 writes: “Ooooh! You guys have pissed off the Sam/Jack shippers again.
                      Do you write a list of people to piss off at the start of each year and just mark them off as you go?”
                      Answer: Nah, we find it easier to just take requests.

Anonymous #5 writes: “When do you think you guys will wrap up shooting season 4.....and WHEN you get green lighted for a season 5, how long of a break do you everyone get before you go back to writing? When would the actors report back to the set?”
                      Answer: We’ll probably wrap season four in early October. As for how long a break we get - that is entirely dependent on when we hear the hopefully positive news about a fifth season pick-up. As for the actors - that will depend on the season five production schedule that is a long way off from being established.

And I'll leave the photo breakdown, etc. to PG 15
                      Last edited by prion; 25 July 2007, 03:57 PM.

Comment

You're famous now, hence, you'll be debated, but probably not as much as (see post below) the 'Disgusted Sam-Jack Shipper' mentioned in the July 25th entry. Well you know, I opened up his blog, there it was, I read it, snorted over the surfing bulldog reference (I've seen surfing dogs, but never bulldogs), went over here and it was empty, so, well, posted. But I did leave the photos and snarky remarks to you

And hmm, a warning about your flocking???

Comment

^I was a tad busy earlier.

---

Also, the pictures today include Rob Cooper, waving jollily, or whatever the word is; caaaaaandy; Martin Gero being ultra-serious; Mark Savela, who's on many Atlantis Season 3 DVD commentaries, it seems; a cute little toy pug; and Marty Gero, bringer of doooom!!

MG has the funniest faces. By the way, Joe says that the last photo shows a mock-up of a set for the "Three's Company episode" or, the McKay-Keller-Carter annoying-fest talked about earlier. At least, that's what I assumed from his words:

Martin exhibits some frustration with the design of the Three’s Company set.
                          Oh, and besides that yummy bit of tidbit about behind the scenes prion posted, Joe has also included his plans for tomorrow, when he'll be going down south to Comic Con, as well as his thoughts on his rapid fire reading. Oh, and then there is this:

(Hell, I’m one to talk. Why do all of the aliens on Stargate speak English? Well, the answer to that is simple really. The act of gate travel imparts the travelers with translator nanites that allow them to understand and be understood. But this is a subject for a later blog entry).
                          ---

PG15 writes: “1. Are you going to continue to update your blog over Comic Con? 2. Any EVA action/spacewalks (like McKay in "The Siege Part 1") in the near future for the show?”

Answer: 1. Yup. 2. Possibly. 3. Again, congratulations on winning the flocking. Please remember: do not consume or allow to come into contact with exposed flesh. Enjoy.
                          Uh oh...

Anonymous #3 writes: “There's a rumor that McKay's sister dies. Yes or no?”

Answer: No comment.
                          Now now...don't start overreacting...

Comment

^
                            Quote:
                            PG15 writes: “1. Are you going to continue to update your blog over Comic Con? 2. Any EVA action/spacewalks (like McKay in "The Siege Part 1") in the near future for the show?”

Answer: 1. Yup. 2. Possibly. 3. Again, congratulations on winning the flocking. Please remember: do not consume or allow to come into contact with exposed flesh. Enjoy.

Uh oh...
                            So, what have you and your flocking been doing? Enquiring minds want to know!

Comment

Well, I did "expose it to my bare flesh" (that sounded so dirty...), so that itself lends to the "Uh oh...".

What else? Well...I'm taking it to the grave.

Comment

July 25th...

Disgusted Sam-Jack Shipper writes: “So Sam/Teal'c got more in one single episode than Sam/Jack ever would.”
                                Answer: You mean the so-subtle-everyone-missed-it suggestion of a Sam/Teal’c relationship in Unending which was undone at episode’s end is, in your opinion, more than anything we’ve done in relation to the Sam-Jack ship? Okay, I‘d buy it, if this happened to be the one and only episode of SG-1 you’ve ever watched.

Disgusted Sam-Jack Shipper writes: “BTW Sam has longer hair because Tealc likes it more since she had long hair in Unending too?”
                                Answer: Yup, from now on all of Carter’s decisions will be based on Teal’c’s likes and dislikes. It’ll be very subtle because we won’t ever make mention of the supposed romance, but it’ll be there. Just so you know.

Anonymous #4 writes: “Ooooh! You guys have pissed off the Sam/Jack shippers again.
                                Do you write a list of people to piss off at the start of each year and just mark them off as you go?”
                                Answer: Nah, we find it easier to just take requests.

And I'll leave the photo breakdown, etc. to PG 15
                                Yoohoo he answered 2 of my rants. That's a first. Disgusted Sam-Jack shipper raises hand...
                                I still think that the fact that Unending had only a partial reset (Teal'c remembers) is a stupid thing...

Comment

Working...
                                X