Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...ne-8-2007.html

June 8

Photos: It's Martin Gero's birthday...a few weeks from now. Thus, the pics include:

The birthday [boy] toasts...himself, Alan McCullough (doing his best James Bond) and wife Teresa, Martin and Alan pretending to discuss work but secretly talking about me, party people (including Ivon Bartok), energy the writing department needs to get this damn story broken (chocolate, what else?), Carl's thoughtful gift.
    Write-Up: Martin Gero's surprise 1-month early birthday party at a restaurant of which Joe has provided a shorted review (oh yeah, try to figure out THAT sentence!); also, Carl's gift to Martin: Season 2 DVDs of Punky Brewster, which contains Carl's first ever produced episode of TV, along with Joe's present: chocolate; in addition:

And it turned out to be a good call. We needed the energy as we finally finished breaking Rise of the Googlions Part I today. I’ll be doing the honors, which means I get to work on the outline this weekend. Alan will be tackling Rise of the Googlions Part II which we’ll start spinning next week along with Martin’s next episode. Carl has finished revising Quarantine and already has an outline in place for Midway. Then comes Joe F.’s story, still in play, and Paul’s season finale. Send in the Clones is toast.
    This is great; as we all should know by now, Joe tends to talk about his episodes more than others for obvious reasons. Looks like we'll be getting news-a-plenty on Carson's return very soon. Also, a new episode title: Midway. I believe this is the big "crossover" episode Joe has mentioned in the past...makes sense, doesn't it?

Oh, and by the way, "Send in the Clones" is a working title for another episode (so sayeth Alex Levine on his SciFi Blog)...well, not anymore.

Finally, Joe updates us on his readings.

Questions:

M writes: “By the way, who's the other man in the photo with you and Carl?”

Answer: That is writer-producer Alan McCullough. Carl owes him twenty bucks, so he stayed by his fellow-writer’s bedside all day. Then got hungry at a little after 6:00 p.m. and took his shoes as partial payment.

PG 15 writes: “Am I right to say that all episode spots in the latter half of Season 4 have been filled?”

Answer: There is one slot open.

Rebecca writes: “Oh my God! You killed Carl Binder! Won't that mean more work for you now?”

Answer: Good news! According to Carl, when he flatlined, he suddenly found himself in an impossibly long tunnel with a beautiful light at the end. An angelic voice called out his name “Caaaarl! Caaaaarl!” He was so excited that he raced down the tunnel, each footfall filling him with the warmth and happiness of supreme cosmic understanding, finally stepped into the light, and found himself in a Popeye’s Chicken & Biscuits Restaurant in LaFayette, Louisiana. He just got back this morning.

Elodie writes: “Any plans to bring ben and claudia in season 4?”

Answer: No, sorry.

Anonymous #1 writes: “ Do you think it would be at all effective to contact SGAs sponsors and tell them how much we love their products and the fact that they support our favourite show?”

Answer: An interesting and novel approach.

---

So, just because I'm obsessive with it, here is how the latter half of Season 4 is looking (in no particular order except the first 2, maybe 3...and of course the last one):

Be All My Sins Remember'd
    Spoils of War
    Quarantine
    Martin Gero's episode
    Midway
    Rise of the Googlions Part 1
    Rise of the Googlions Part 2
    Joe Flanigan's story
    (blank spot)
    Paul Mullie's Season Finale
    Last edited by PG15; 08 June 2007, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Also, a new episode title: Midway.
      I guess this will be about the midway station (hopefully completed now)? I do remember talk of it being featured in season 4.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
        I guess this will be about the midway station (hopefully completed now)? I do remember talk of it being featured in season 4.
        Interesting.
        My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
        Sig and avi by me
        Spoiler:

Comment

Indeed, I am very much looking forward to it-

a. Being completed

and

b. Something exciting happening there that will lead the team to have to sort it out

Comment

Midway, it sounds interesting. I don´t know why but it reminds me "Battle of Midway"...some big battle in defending midway station perhaps? It could be cool.

And what does it mean Googlion?

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
              Midway, it sounds interesting. I don´t know why but it reminds me "Battle of Midway"...some big battle in defending midway station perhaps? It could be cool.

The exciting mid season 2 parter - where McKay spends too much time on Google, downloads spoilers for the second part of the season and starts a fanwar on Atlantis.
              sigpic
              My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

I'll bite... a googlion is a person who uses google to find out everything they don't know.

How do I know this? I googled it of course!

I assume Joe wanted people to google it *he is crazy mad* maybe he has shares in google.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                  I'll bite... a googlion is a person who uses google to find out everything they don't know.

I assume Joe wanted people to google it *he is crazy mad* maybe he has shares in google.
                  The great wonder of Google. *worships Google*
                  Sig and avi by me
                  Spoiler:

Comment

I thought it is something with google But hey, I think they could leave this title, I like it.
                    Spoiler:
                    It could be mad story about how Rodney googled Carson

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Maybe Rodney invents a Google for Pegasus Galaxy.
                      Sig and avi by me
                      Spoiler:

Comment

A Googlion in this context is probably a hoarder/acquirer of knowledge. Exactly how they go about this should be interesting. Eat their brains? Hook 'em up to a machine ("The Great Library") that sucks knowledge out? Do it telepathically? Or just keep 'em captive and ask them endless questions? Though that would be extremely inefficient.

Hmm. A race of sociopathic/genocidal librarians. There's something appealing in that.

Comment

genocidal librarians
                          Sig and avi by me
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Some might complain it's too much realism and not enough escapism for the hsow, tho.

*has librarians trauma*
                            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

i too had images of WWII and the battle for midway...which was a huge honkin battle for a tiny piece of real estate that was key to getting from point A to point B

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post

when i read that title, i have a mental image of them running across a planet full of little aliens kinda like hobbits. googlians, little unassuming aliens that are really very menacing and deadly
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Maybe they have googly eyes... Googly-eyed genocidal librarians; the horror just keeps growing.

Comment

Working...
                                X