Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved Weir's office. It was very clean designed, full of space and nice different objects. This new office looks very official and intimidating. I like the personal details of her puting personal photos, but all that stuff at the back of her desk tall and full of Earth things seem to focus her figure as the leader of the expedition too seriously and intimidating. I can only imagine the sensation it brings to a person to face her in that office opposite to the reaction of people when facing Weir at her office. The office used to give a much more openess before and it was easy to feel relaxed, but now it seems like the principal's office. I don't like it.
    My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
    Sig and avi by me
    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
      I loved Weir's office. It was very clean designed, full of space and nice different objects. This new office looks very official and intimidating. I like the personal details of her puting personal photos, but all that stuff at the back of her desk tall and full of Earth things seem to focus her figure as the leader of the expedition too seriously and intimidating. I can only imagine the sensation it brings to a person to face her in that office opposite to the reaction of people when facing Weir at her office. The office used to give a much more openess before and it was easy to feel relaxed, but now it seems like the principal's office. I don't like it.
      I feel exactly the same way you do. Although even, me "the Weir fan" am looking forward to see how Carter will get used to the office, the decoration is supposed to be hers *cough* writers and sets-coordinators *cough*; so we'll see how it turns out.

For the moment I'll say it looks a bit "too much" but I wanna see how many episodes pass before the office turns into "Carter's -militarized Atlantis, version of the old SGC standard office". But I'm not reacting too badly bc I'm still looking forward to a good s4 full of surprises and maybe with Weir coming back to her old place by the end of the season, lol

Edit : And see how Weir will redecorate it again *runs*

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
        I feel exactly the same way you do. Although even, me "the Weir fan" am looking forward to see how Carter will get used to the office, the decoration is supposed to be hers *cough* writers and sets-coordinators *cough*; so we'll see how it turns out.

For the moment I'll say it looks a bit "too much" but I wanna see how many episodes pass before the office turns into "Carter's -militarized Atlantis, version of the old SGC standard office". But I'm not reacting too badly bc I'm still looking forward to a good s4 full of surprises and maybe with Weir coming back to her old place by the end of the season, lol

Edit : And see how Weir will redecorate it again *runs*
        That's how I feel.
        My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
        Sig and avi by me
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post

The shelving and how it's stocked is like Pier One (sorta) or just, well, regimented. WEir's office did have a more open quality to it, but then they want a new person there, but I hope that it won't be instantly full of stuff in the first episode she's in as most people don't stock their office to the gills on day one, and in the military, they don't drag along that many trinket,s and since when has Carter ever had pots and... oh wait, she stole it all from Daniel! That looks like stuff from Daniel's lab. Bad Sam. Bad....

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...ne-6-2007.html

June 6

Photos: Food; chocolate used to hit people; decorations by Rick Martin (Editor); Martin Gero, Carl Binder, and...shoot, is that Alan McCullough? I hope so. Also, Martin Gero's new laptop stand.

Why would he need a laptop stand in the first place? Weird.

Write-Up: Nope, not weird; 'tis just another day in the wonderful, practical-joke infested life of the Stargate Producers as Carl returns the favor of Gero disposing of his Season 1 Atlantis videotapes...on his desk. Also:

I was in editing most of the morning, working with Rick Martin on This Mortal Coil. It’s coming along swimmingly and still only two minutes short. I already picked spots for the two scenes I’ll be writing - one with the entire team, the other a McKay/Zelenka scene - both nice character moments for all.
            Hmmm...Willow'sCat, didn't you guess that it'd be a McKay/Carter scene? Do you have something to say about this?

In addition...

After all lunch, we finally started work on the first part of the late season two-parter, what Carl has tentatively titled “Rise of the Googlions”. We also took the time to discuss the physics of Martin’s upcoming eppy and Paul’s very cool idea for the season (?) finale, a little episode we’re calling…“Finale“.
            Finally, Joe's death chocolate; dinner last night; and finishing the perplexing "Domino".

Questions:

M writes: “I was wondering if Peter Deluise is still directing any Stargate Eps?”

Answer: He is not.

Anonymous #1 writes: “With it starting later than usual, will you have the same summer break?”

Answer: We’ll be off the first two weeks of July.

Platschu writes: “Will the last two episode (4x19-4x20) be a two-parter or do you plan cliff-hanger at the end of season4?”

Answer: It will not be a two-parter.

Firefly827347 writes: “Seen Kavan Smith in the studio lately?”

Answer: He was around for This Mortal Coil.

Anonymous #2 writes: “Alot of Atlantis fans and Sam fans have been concerned that Atlantis could become the Sam/Mckay show so why post a picture of their chairs side by side? Why not post a picture of Amanda and Joe's chairs, Amanda and Rachel's chairs, Amanda and Jason's chairs…”

Answer: Uh, you’ve got to be kidding, right? I didn’t position the chairs close to one another for the shot. I just happen to walk by and notice that their chairs were side by side, clearly indicating how well these two get along while they’re not shooting. What can I say. They‘re friends. I’m sorry if this disappoints.

Alex Levine writes: “What an outrage! Here I've been blogging about Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis for nearly three years…”

Answer: That was you?! Small world. Yes, Alex Levine also blogs and you can read up on his behind-the-scenes musings over at the SciFi site. There. David, David, and Alex. I believe I’ve covered everyone…

Anonymous #3 writes: “Don't feel bad Alex because Joe forgot a few other blogs too like gee I don't know maybe Michael Shanks!!!”

Answer: …except Michael Shanks who also blogs as well for TV Guide.

Anonymous #4 writes: “In both SG Series, we are able to see nice Computer-backgrounds. In the SGC the Stargate-Control, and in Atlantis the shield- / biometric-activities of the city. I would like to know more about them. Do they change during the series, are they programms or just some sort of small video-clips? Who created them ?”

Answer: Some change according to the episode requirements while some remain standard. All are the work of our crack playback crew lead by Krista McLean.

Anonymous #5 writes: “Will there be any Jack/Sam ship scenes in Continuum that leave no doubt as to the nature of their relationship (in this reality!), or is this something that only Brad and Rob can answer?”

Answer: Better that Brad and Rob answer this one.

Rebecca writes: “Is Mr. Flanigan aware of your eagerness to shoot him into space?”

Answer: In all seriousness - he wants to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
              Yep the pic is of Cassie, and the others are Daniel and Sam and Jack fishing *tries to reign in her squee*

No Teal'c though? Hmmm...strange.
              Actually,
              Spoiler:
              there is. There are 5 photos there, though you can't see them all in that shot. Those of us that went to Vancouver Con had a chance to see the office. There is one of Teal'c, Jacob, Cassie, Daniel, and Sam and Jack.

Comment

Aww... They're already spinning the finale, and the season doesn't even start 'til autumn/winter... Grr...

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Hmmm...Willow'sCat, didn't you guess that it'd be a McKay/Carter scene? Do you have something to say about this?
                  If I understood your question I could answer it but sadly you lost me at "Hmmm..."

I did say something about a Sheppard/Carter on the balcony moment.

Not for the first time I am completely confused by one of your posts on GW.

Comment

M writes: “I was wondering if Peter Deluise is still directing any Stargate Eps?”

Answer: He is not.
                    *blinks*
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                      *blinks*
                      I remember him talking about it on an interview on some Canadian tv show when it was announced that SG1 would be ending. He was saying that now that SG1 was over he would have pretty much nothing to do because his entire life was devoted to the show lol

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                        Actually,
                        Spoiler:
                        there is. There are 5 photos there, though you can't see them all in that shot. Those of us that went to Vancouver Con had a chance to see the office. There is one of Teal'c, Jacob, Cassie, Daniel, and Sam and Jack.
                        Ah, but see us poor folk who have not yet done a set visit don't know that. We have to work with the shots JM provides.... nice to see that TEal'c hasn't been ignored. What? No shot of Jacob? You'd think she'd have one of Dad....

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                          Ah, but see us poor folk who have not yet done a set visit don't know that. We have to work with the shots JM provides.... nice to see that TEal'c hasn't been ignored. What? No shot of Jacob? You'd think she'd have one of Dad....
                          Umm...Jacob was mentioned right there in the spoiler box.

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                          If I understood your question I could answer it but sadly you lost me at "Hmmm..."

I did say something about a Sheppard/Carter on the balcony moment.

Not for the first time I am completely confused by one of your posts on GW.
                          Yeah, I'm too subtle for my own good. Anyway, I remember you making this post:

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                          Well I had more time today so I asked Joe about the McKay "John" thing...

What's the bet they end up writing a scene where Sam and John stand out on the balcony to fill up the two *missing* minutes?

I am sure that is why Weir and Sheppard use to go out there, fill up dead air.

EDIT: I read the comment before mine. And here I was worried I wasn't being articulate enough.

Oops, I guess I read wrong. Nevermind. However, if you did talk about McKay and Sam, then my post would've pointed out that TPTB isn't always as predicable as you might think.

Now let's forget this happened.

Comment

Oops, I guess I read wrong. Nevermind. However, if you did talk about McKay and Sam, then my post would've pointed out that TPTB isn't always as predicable as you might think.

Now let's forget this happened.
                            Yeah 'cause we would hate for people to think you were working to an agenda or anything.

Comment

Yep.

June 7

Photos: Oh, this is good. Remember that cupcake that Carl Binder was going to eat if the Anaheim Ducks (CURSE THEM!!!!) won the Stanley Cup? Well, follow Joe's pics as Carl goes on a life-changing adventure after eating it, and his friends reactions to it; it's bound to be more entertaining than whatever episodes of Atlantis you found boring.

Write-Up: So, is an Atlantis Season 5 looking alive? Nobody knows; Joe, however, has a sure bet to at least try to make it happen: watch the show; or, better yet, watch the last 3 episodes of Season 3 because you never know what us fans can do.

Questions:

Bugguy writes: "Tell Carl congrats at his teams win. As a doc though I would probably advise against eating that cake at this point though."

Answer: As you can see - too late.

Patricia writes: "What image is on your computer screen?"

Answer: My desktop is usually whatever cosmic tableau from Astronomy Picture of the Day strikes my fancy.

Hey! Me too!!

Yes, I only included this non-Stargate question so I could do that^

Geno writes: "What episode is currently shooting?"

Answer: We are shooting Spoils of War.

Anonymous #1 writes: "Any plans for the Ford story arc this season?"

Answer: Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                                I remember him talking about it on an interview on some Canadian tv show when it was announced that SG1 would be ending. He was saying that now that SG1 was over he would have pretty much nothing to do because his entire life was devoted to the show lol
                                Yeah, I remember that. Funny thing is I rolled my eyes at him when I heard it in a "well, there's still SGA".. Because he did direct a lot of SGA episodes, and especially with Martin Wood being occupied for a month or so filming Continuum, I'd have expected he'd stay! Wonder why he's going
                                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X