This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jander1023
    I am not sure what your point is. Like I was saying to Zeus, I don't recall any Christians saying they were offended by the Ori arc.
    I primarily do not like the Ori arc because it's a move toward fantasy and away from science fiction. However, let me be the first Christian you know to say that I find the symbolism and caricature of evangelical chrsitianity to be quite offensive and to me, obvious. It's a very old and very new thing to attack things you don't like through "art" and I defend the writer's right to do so. I disagree with it from a business perspective. Unless you have a certain number of viewers, you can't continue a program. The Ori arc was and is a big mistake, but perhaps they can recover their losses through dvd sales.

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie
      I dont think so. Its people misinterpreting it, or bending it to suit themselves. It happens in most religions. Always has been that way. Every religion has extremists mate...
      Indeed

The case with islam is moot at best...while all main schools of islamic jurisprudence agree that a muslim who commits apostasy (converts to another religion) must be executed, their book is not that clear on the matter...while it is mentionned that their prophet himself burned many apostates, it also forbids from burning anyone (burning is considered god's punishment so only god can inflict it) and it even states that apostasy is punished after death only and that "there is no compulsion in religion" which suggests apostasy should not be punishable at all, although other scholars have ascribed a slightly different meaning to that part when considered within its context
      Basically that book's a hell of a mess so even if it ultimately does not allow the death penalty for apostasy (let alone death penalty for any crime) those will evil intent will always find a way to make it "read" what they want to read

As for christianism the days of the Inquisition are long gone - it's had (unfortunately still does) its own share of power-crazed fanatics, but AFAIK the bible does not provide for a death penalty for apostasy or other forms of infidelity - besides "Thou shall not kill" seems clear enough

mm anyway back to the topic...yes Thou shall not kill the show !

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        we've been over this a dozen times folks, while the ori may be interpreted as being part of ANY extremist religion, TPTB have not based them on ANY ONE religion...and pretty much every religion out there has its extremists

Let's lose the religious stuff please
        Exactly. Relgious discussion is NOT what this thread is about so I suggest you guys take it elsewhere.
        sigpic
        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

i for 1 like the story, and am very curious on what happens after season 10, so if they change it to Stargate Command, ill still watch it

Comment

Just one persons opinion………
            I think that if a spin off is done Daniel, Vala, Sam and Cam should be the new team.

Vala and Daniel just seem to mesh and I remember Michael saying that as long as Claudia is there he will continue to play Daniel Jackson, she has renewed his passion in the show. But for me the interactions between these (Daniel and Vala) two are uncanny, the chemistry alone is what revived the show for me and I’ve watched since day one. Not to mention that both are outstanding Actors, the way the can convey so much emotions in their eye’s and movement is wonderful. I am a true Daniel/Vala Shipper may it be relationship or friendship I don’t care they make the show for me. So in my opinion they are a must, who else can scramble Daniel so well other than Vala.

Sam has to go over who else are they going to have to help them think of techno stuff, and to tell you the truth I would really like to see Jack and Sam together, just like I would love to see Daniel and Vala I guess you c an say I am a romantic at heart. (I know so wont agree to this but it has little moments that one can say “Awww that’s love” and the other can comment that it was only friendship.)

Cam I believe is a great add to the team just TPTB need to expand on his character a little more, I really don’t feel a connection with him as I do with the cast members I just named above, but want to.
            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
              IF, they really intend to follow up with axing StarGate SG1 and not change their minds then FINE.

But do not kill the story that is in SG1. True with 1/2 of the original SG1 team being gone, SG1 technically is no more. Change the title, but not the story...

However, the Ori storyline... THAT must continue.

I won't be satisfied with a miniseries. To think an enemy who are basically, "evil Ancients" can be defeated within a miniseries it just plain ridiculous. It took us 8yrs to take down the wimpy Goa'uld. But 2 seasons and a miniseries to take down the mighty Ori? PAH!

New series with a new premise? I think that was what they intended to do anyway... so go forth with...

STARGATE COMMAND

And for those "give it up" people....

As Sam would put it... you can "reroute power". Power = story, primary conduit = SG1, alternate conduit = SGC ....

Hear Hear,

The new seasons, 9 &10 do a great job of bringing back a lot of the hopeless feel from the first and second season. We have had a few victories, but the Ori have handed our butts to us many more times. Also, The Goa'uld start to get a little stale after they rehash the same ambitions forever. Anubis at least has the Kulls, and Baal's got clones, but all the other system lords have carbon copy equipment which IMO leads to repetitive stories. The Goa'uld have been routed by the Replicators, and are trying to rebuild themselves, and thus it makes sense that we get a new villian. The Ori have all the power of the Ancients, and more. This power is a great danger to Earth, and the force that the Ori use is a rather good use of Earth religions.
              Sir, Request permission to beat the... out of this man"

Comment

Working...
              X