This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
    I still would like to know what exaclt the NID stands for in the SG verse, is it the same as real-life NID?
    I don't believe it's ever officially been established on the show. Fan favorites include "national intelligence division".
    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
    once done, cannot be undone...
    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by darman
      president bush suggested creating of new government position couple days ago. it's called national intelligence director(NID).that's just creepy
      National Intelligence Director? As opposed to, say, the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency? What madness is in this redundancy?

Comment

I was always under the impression that the NID stood for the National Intelligence Directorate (unofficially, as the show doesn't tell us).
        Rocky

Comment

So the Stargate verse is coming true...

Hrmm

Maybe Bush is the president we never saw?

Maybe the entire Stargate universe is coming true, but about five years after the show says it does?

Well, the gate has to have been opened, as there is a Prometheous program. Perhaps this NID is simply the reformed form of the NID in Stargate, and the first one was hiddin from public view?

Based on the information we have, we are either in mid-season 7 and Kerry is Hayes, or it's mid season 3.

Woa, Edwards is Kinsy!!! Arrest that man!!!

BTW, I was not serious.
          Shep: I can't hear you threatening to suck the life out of me 'til you hit the button on the radio.

Soldier (In Russian): Are you Russian spies?
          Daniel: Niet.
          Jack: Daniel!
          Daniel: What? He asked if we were Russian spies and I said no........oh.
          -1969 (221)

Comment

I always (in my own twisted head) likes to think that Hayes was Bush, and that how Hayes reacted is merely based off of Bush's reaction, and we're actually just getting everything a few years later than it actually happened.
            Rocky

Comment

Ah, the real NID is:

1) quite old already
              2) brittish

Do a Google on:
              nid "naval intelligence division"

But they are not civilian.... so it's not ours

Comment

Then everyone in our governement must be mad, because this is going to pass unanimouslty, at least near unanimously.
                -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
                -Jack O'Niell

Comment

Of course they're mad! They're in the government, aren't they? Why else do you think we funnel money to into Israel? Our government's officials belong in psych wards!

Comment

Very, very black ops. Does that mean the (NID) will be yet another arm of the US goverment that not support to have a miltary arm... Hmm... Me think more commandos on the way with the words NID written on their pay checks..

Just my rant......

Spoiler Space
                    ****** USE IT *******
                    SFA rank - Sgt-At-Arms

To find out more vist the FAQ

Cry havoc, and let slip the dogma of war!

Comment

Working...
                    X