This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
    What makes you think Kinsey isn't behind it???! <queue conspiratorial music...dah-dah-dah-DAH!>
    I thought the X-Files ended years ago!

Comment

I do get the biggest kick out of the name.

We now have a Prometheus and an NID. I'm holding out for the director to be named "Barrett"

Though, as a general rule, I'm skeptical of anything the Bush White House produces, I'm reserving qualitative judgment until I know more details. (Was that too offensive? )
      "Frankly, we're not surprised when she starts pulling large bombs from skin-tight catsuits..."
      "Not only can Josette Simon really, really act, she gets the show's best introduction - she rescues Avon, announces he's the most beautiful man she's ever seen, then explains the only other man she's seen is her father, whose surname is, blissfully, Mellonby."
      "This is a future where the women are beautiful, the men are ugly, and the only drink is creme de menthe."
      --BBC CultTV's web review of Blake's 7 season 3 DVD (21.06.05)

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
        I hope you felt the sarcasm behind that. And no...I can't. In fact, I doubt the man can even open a can of beans.
        where talking about the man that almost died eating a prezle.
        -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
        GS/CS/CC>D?S++:+A----C++++U?P?L+!EW++(+)N-O?K?W---O?
        M+@V?PS+PE--YPGP!T!5!XR+>TV++B+++(++)DI+D-GE-H!R---Y?
        ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
        geekcode

Comment

Originally posted by Gorthaur
          where talking about the man that almost died eating a prezle.
          . . . said the person who almost died trying to spell "pretzel". Not that I'm defending Bush, but I think your IQ is similar.
          Tripudire est irritus
          Jumping is useless

Nu ani Lunatas
          We are the Mooninites

Comment

And you should try reading the rules WurdBendur.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
              That was just supposed to be a joke. I told him the same thing in person just before I posted it, so it's here for everybody else's amusement.
              Tripudire est irritus
              Jumping is useless

Nu ani Lunatas
              We are the Mooninites

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                Don't take things so seriously.

Comment

So what NID stand for in the Stargateverse, and what real-life Prometheus is there?

Comment

Prometheus is one of NASA:s programs I think.

Comment

Ah, OK, but stil what does NID stand for in the stargate universe. I couldn't find it on the omnipedia.

Comment

Probably the same thing it does in the SG uni

Comment

The National Intelligence Director came directly from the 9/11 commision and is supported bipartisanly. Both republicans and democrats want the Intelligence Czar.

On a side note I am sick and tired of the myth being portrayed across this country that Bush is dumb. I admit, he is not the most articulate man, but he really is an intelligent man. There is no evidence anywhere that the man is stupid. It is democrats that are saying this to try and make the public believe it.

And have you ever noticed that all the democrats say the exact same things when going against Bush. The American public might start listening to you if you start using logic in your arguments, not by just saying waht your read by going to websites and by what your saw in Fahrenheit 9/11.

On another note, the truth has been documented about the so called documentary Fahrenheit 9-11.

http://go.fark.com/cgi/fark/go.pl?ID...enheit-911.htm

And for you Bit Torrent fans out there, search Suprnova for Michael Moore Fahrenheit911FactsFixedPromo and you'll a subtitled version of the Movie depicting all the lies it contains.

Anyway that is my rant, i had to vent..
                          -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
                          -Jack O'Niell

Comment

Bush lies, Moore lies, and Kerry looks dead. Who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                              Bush lies, Moore lies, and Kerry looks dead. Who cares?
                              Name an instance of Bush purposly lying...
                              -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
                              -Jack O'Niell

Comment

He might not have lied, per se, but he has purposefully mislead:
                                "For example, the Bush administration suppressed data from its own Department of Health and Human Services which showed that the cost of the new Prescription Drug Benefit would be much larger than the administration claimed. This lie was critical to passage of the Bush drug benefit bill. Similarly, Bush's characterization of his immigration proposal as not granting 'amnesty' to illegal aliens is quite misleading; although the Bush proposal does not formally grant amnesty, the net result is the same as widespread amnesty. As one immigration reform group put it, 'Any program that allows millions of illegal aliens to receive legal status in this country is an amnesty.' "

Whether or not it's true, well, I think it might be.

But this is best for an off-topic discussion, I still would like to know what exaclt the NID stands for in the SG verse, is it the same as real-life NID?

Comment

Working...
                                X