Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk about losing interest, I sat watching Uninvited and hoped the entire time that the story would become interesting but it never did.

It seems that TPTB think that responding to fan criticism is more important than actually making a good show. Instead of depicting the 'plastic' team bonding and getting Mitchell to say that he is NOT the leader of SG-1 they should have put the effort into writing better scripts.

Comment

I posted this in another thread:

The show has changed too much. There was a lot more mystery in the beginning of the series. We didn't know much about the Goa'uld or the rest of the galaxy. The Goa'uld threat built up gradually over time. The System Lords didn't consider earth a threat until season 3. Apophis didn't invade earth until the end of season 1. A lot of time was devoted to the development of the Goa'uld. With the Ori, we knew from the beginning who they were and what they want and they began their invasion by the second episode. The whole Ori storyline seems way too rushed. With the Goa'uld, every single Goa'uld was unique. They each had their own strengths and weaknesses, and they each had their own personalities. Every Goa'uld was special or memorable in some way. With the Ori, all the Priors are the same, there's nothing special or memorable about them. The Ori may be far more powerful than the Goa'uld but they're certainly not as interesting. Another thing is that in the earlier seasons, around half the episodes were stand alone episodes that had nothing to do with ongoing storylines. In season 9, most episodes were part of some continuing plot.
      Basically, a lot of the mystery and wide eyed wonder that made the show great when it started is gone. Remember how cool it was when we first saw mysterious alien races like the Nox, Retu, and the Giant Mayan/Aztec aliens? We haven't seen any cool new alien race in a while. Remember how it was a big deal for the team to meet a human civilization with just earth level tech? Now earth is one of the most advanced civilizations in the galaxy with naquadah and trinium mines, access to Ancient and Asgard tech, and don't need to trade with any lowly human civilization. Remember when Sokar showed up and you had no idea how the team was going to defeat him? We learned of the anti-Ori weapon less than a season after the Ori were introduced.

Comment

Browder is getting boring, and has no motivation
        Ummm, how else can I rant
        McKay is becoming more annoying than funny.
        Please don't give me red

Comment

I'm definitely NOT losing interest in SG-1 and SGA. In fact, I think these seasons are off to a very strong start. I must say, I'm thoroughly enjoying things to this point.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
            I'm definitely NOT losing interest in SG-1 and SGA. In fact, I think these seasons are off to a very strong start. I must say, I'm thoroughly enjoying things to this point.
            Amen!! I started watching in the middle of season nine since then I have seen every episode of every season. I think it was a good idea to finally end the gou’uld and replace them with something else. I like how the use king Arthur in the story now.
            Click the link to learn the Goa'uld language
            Lo tak meta satak oz

Comment

i found uninvited entertaining... lol one of the problems is, that the fans *itch so damn much about everything, and the Writers rather than ignore the fans, listen and write what they believe would satisfy the fans, and then the fans *itch some more! SG1 would be better if half the people stopped complaining about it. Because it is a good show, its a great show, the shows better than what it was the first 3 seasons(which I have a hard time watching those because their to damn boring!!!) The Show is great.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Working...
              X