This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bragi
    The writing this season is much better than last season. It's completely natural that you're losing interest in SG-1. You don't have the new season yet and you've seen the other episodes so much you know them by heart.

I love Galactica, but since it's been so long since I've seen an episode I don't really care about it anymore. It's on the backburner. I also found that Galactica started to take itself too seriously and needless to say, I started to like it less and less with each new episode (until the finale, that is).

One thing though, from the last episode of SG-1 just annoys the piss out of me.

Spoiler:

Carter was left in charge of the SGC while Landry and Mitchell were on vacation at Jack's cabin. Once Major Reynolds returned from a mission, he would assume command and Carter was going to go with Vala and Teal'c to join everyone at Jack's cabin. Needless to say, the super-scary alien monsters kept everyone from hanging out until the final reel.

What upsets me is that Carter is a Lt. Col. and Reynolds is a Major. There were tons of bird colonels at the SGC before Jack was promoted. You could site Carter's years of experience, including a year running SG-1 and several months running research at Area 51 as reasons why an O5 should be left in temporary command of the SGC. . . but not a Major. That's just idiotic (writing), in my opinion. As long as TPTB have been working with the Air Force to keep the show "authentic" it's amazing to me that they'd slip up like that.

There should be plenty of bird Colonels at the SGC. Realistically, there would be several layers of assistants to Landry that would take over day-to-day operations if he went on leave. They wouldn't leave something as imporatant as the SGC to an O5 Colonel and then a Major once she left.

Anyway, to those of you who thought that we are getting to keep all the nice technology and it's been replacing good teamwork, you'll be happy to know that we can't use the Sodan cloaks anymore.
    LOL, when I was a Cadet camp we had a Colonel as CO of the CADET section of the base, Whoa a major controlling the highest priority base in the most powerful country in the world is not realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyMckay
      Or people complaining about George Dubya... But they don't vote
      I believe if you don't vote you don't have the right to criticize the Government, unless your unable to vote because of age, or because you killed people(dont they take away Criminals right to vote? is it while their in prison or the rest of their life? idk...) But other than that, you have no reason to complain about a decision you refused to help make... Sorta like... theres 6 people assign to do a project... one sits at home and does nothing, the other 5 get credit for their help, the 6th man complains that they didn't listen to his ideas...because he didn't show up or help...

Anyway... You have everyright to live other shows, I personally am very interested in thisseason more so than the first few seasons, lets face it it took til jack got his head stuck in a wall for us to follow a SOLID ARC and not killed apothis kill the gouald that took his place, kill apophis again kill the gouald that took his place kill apophis kill the gouald that took his place kill apophis, ect.. lol I like how we have more people to kill, with more mythology and technology

I mean the first few seasons got redundent, and then BAM... we got it... Any episodes that the write for atlantis with similar storyline, is because either they think they could of done better, it was a good story, or because they thought it up and didn't realize it was similar until then...

Spoiler:
      The Asurans/Replicater story tho... Well they needed to explain why O'Neill's Ancient Knowledge allowed him to defeat the replciators... oddly enough I didn't see any Anti Rep Guns in the episode last night for atlantis

Also... Firefly is like 14 episodes long? when you start watching it its over... dont get me wrong it was good... but um, it is no longer... unless they brought it back?? I doubt they would since the Whore on the show(no offense dont remember her name for the hsow or in real life) is now Adria. And The Bounty Hunter Guy, I know he's a Baldwin, but not of the famous ones had appeared in Lost City and i think a few other episodes.. i kno lost city for sure..
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
        I believe if you don't vote you don't have the right to criticize the Government, unless your unable to vote because of age, or because you killed people(dont they take away Criminals right to vote? is it while their in prison or the rest of their life? idk...) But other than that, you have no reason to complain about a decision you refused to help make... Sorta like... theres 6 people assign to do a project... one sits at home and does nothing, the other 5 get credit for their help, the 6th man complains that they didn't listen to his ideas...because he didn't show up or help...

Anyway... You have everyright to live other shows, I personally am very interested in thisseason more so than the first few seasons, lets face it it took til jack got his head stuck in a wall for us to follow a SOLID ARC and not killed apothis kill the gouald that took his place, kill apophis again kill the gouald that took his place kill apophis kill the gouald that took his place kill apophis, ect.. lol I like how we have more people to kill, with more mythology and technology

I mean the first few seasons got redundent, and then BAM... we got it... Any episodes that the write for atlantis with similar storyline, is because either they think they could of done better, it was a good story, or because they thought it up and didn't realize it was similar until then...

Spoiler:
        The Asurans/Replicater story tho... Well they needed to explain why O'Neill's Ancient Knowledge allowed him to defeat the replciators... oddly enough I didn't see any Anti Rep Guns in the episode last night for atlantis

Also... Firefly is like 14 episodes long? when you start watching it its over... dont get me wrong it was good... but um, it is no longer... unless they brought it back?? I doubt they would since the Whore on the show(no offense dont remember her name for the hsow or in real life) is now Adria. And The Bounty Hunter Guy, I know he's a Baldwin, but not of the famous ones had appeared in Lost City and i think a few other episodes.. i kno lost city for sure..
        Part of the social-contract theory (which is the basis for our form of government) holds that when you commit a crime, you give up your rights as a citizen. Rights such as voting.

And again, the episodes have been reduntant since day one. The entire show is a cliche. Oldest story in the world.

As for the spoiler tag. . .

Spoiler:
        Why would there be Replicater disrupters in Atlantis? They didn't know they were going to encounter them. That's like asking why Wraith Stunners aren't standard issue sidearms for SGC personnel.

Keep in mind that Stargate Command doesn't allow Weir's team to read spoilers.

Comment

Part of the social-contract theory (which is the basis for our form of government) holds that when you commit a crime, you give up your rights as a citizen. Rights such as voting.
          Thats what i thought.

And again, the episodes have been reduntant since day one. The entire show is a cliche. Oldest story in the world.
          well the good vs Evil thing has been going on for along time, long before the bible was written or jesus walked.(I seen history channel thing about the Devil and his many incarnations and how, other religions depicted the Good vs Evil, while the main religions prior to Christianity believed that Gods could be both(to an extent), Hades was afterlife for all, ect...

As for the spoiler tag. . .

Spoiler:
          Why would there be Replicater disrupters in Atlantis? They didn't know they were going to encounter them. That's like asking why Wraith Stunners aren't standard issue sidearms for SGC personnel.

Keep in mind that Stargate Command doesn't allow Weir's team to read spoilers.
          ooo seems I forgot something in my spoilers....lol

Spoiler:
          Ment to say Didn't see any Anti Rep guns on the ships... they were just destroying the city, they could of equiped some AntiRep Guns and eradicated them, they had the tech... and then used their City as their own.

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
            Thats what i thought.

well the good vs Evil thing has been going on for along time, long before the bible was written or jesus walked.(I seen history channel thing about the Devil and his many incarnations and how, other religions depicted the Good vs Evil, while the main religions prior to Christianity believed that Gods could be both(to an extent), Hades was afterlife for all, ect...

ooo seems I forgot something in my spoilers....lol

Spoiler:
            Ment to say Didn't see any Anti Rep guns on the ships... they were just destroying the city, they could of equiped some AntiRep Guns and eradicated them, they had the tech... and then used their City as their own.
            Yeah, I was curious about that too.

Spoiler:
            Of course, it all depends on when that second Repository was made. If it was after they came back to Earth, then they might have come up with it after the fact. If it was made beforehand then there's no reason for the Ancients not using it.

Comment

Your loss.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                Your loss.
                best point ive seen this thread... some green for u lol

Yeah, I was curious about that too.

Spoiler:
                Of course, it all depends on when that second Repository was made. If it was after they came back to Earth, then they might have come up with it after the fact. If it was made beforehand then there's no reason for the Ancients not using it.
                yeah, well i think the second repository was made when they came back, because they had no reason for the tech before hand..that we know of.

Comment

i have been losing interest in atlanits kind of starting near the end of season 2. firdays ep of altantis i got me back into it thou at least for now. i think i should be fine if they dorp the whole lets trun warith in to human thing.

Comment

Still doesn't sink up, though.

Spoiler:
                    I mean, why bother researching a Replicator disrupter when you've already used Drones to take them all out?

Then again, the Ancients never seemed to use common sense, so. . .

Comment

Spoiler:
                      I mean, why bother researching a Replicator disrupter when you've already used Drones to take them all out?

maybe the replictor disrupter wasten ready yet. so they had to use drones they probly wanted to destory them before they left for earth

Comment

The writing this season is much better than last season. It's completely natural that you're losing interest in SG-1. You don't have the new season yet and you've seen the other episodes so much you know them by heart.

I love Galactica, but since it's been so long since I've seen an episode I don't really care about it anymore. It's on the backburner. I also found that Galactica started to take itself too seriously and needless to say, I started to like it less and less with each new episode (until the finale, that is).

One thing though, from the last episode of SG-1 just annoys the piss out of me.

Spoiler:

Carter was left in charge of the SGC while Landry and Mitchell were on vacation at Jack's cabin. Once Major Reynolds returned from a mission, he would assume command and Carter was going to go with Vala and Teal'c to join everyone at Jack's cabin. Needless to say, the super-scary alien monsters kept everyone from hanging out until the final reel.

What upsets me is that Carter is a Lt. Col. and Reynolds is a Major. There were tons of bird colonels at the SGC before Jack was promoted. You could site Carter's years of experience, including a year running SG-1 and several months running research at Area 51 as reasons why an O5 should be left in temporary command of the SGC. . . but not a Major. That's just idiotic (writing), in my opinion. As long as TPTB have been working with the Air Force to keep the show "authentic" it's amazing to me that they'd slip up like that.

There should be plenty of bird Colonels at the SGC. Realistically, there would be several layers of assistants to Landry that would take over day-to-day operations if he went on leave. They wouldn't leave something as imporatant as the SGC to an O5 Colonel and then a Major once she left.

Anyway, to those of you who thought that we are getting to keep all the nice technology and it's been replacing good teamwork, you'll be happy to know that we can't use the Sodan cloaks anymore.
                        Err, wtf? Reynolds is a colonel. Has been for some time now...

Comment

You're right.

Is he an O-5 or O-6?

Comment

Spoiler:

Well maybe they did it, and thought they were wiped out, but they made the disrupter just incase...

Comment

You're right.

Is he an O-5 or O-6?
                              This is not an exact answer to your question, but Reynolds is a higher rank than Carter (been a colonel since S5, apparently). And considering that Carter was only staying behind because she was waiting for Reynolds to replace her, it didn't make much sense why she was still giving orders back at the base once Reynolds returned (especially since it seemed she was giving them to Reynolds as well).
                              "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by Orion's Star
                                This is not an exact answer to your question, but Reynolds is a higher rank than Carter (been a colonel since S5, apparently). And considering that Carter was only staying behind because she was waiting for Reynolds to replace her, it didn't make much sense why she was still giving orders back at the base once Reynolds returned (especially since it seemed she was giving them to Reynolds as well).
                                SG1 transcends ranks...

Comment

Working...
                                X