Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What season did you get hooked on stargate?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What season did you get hooked on stargate?

I was just wondering when everyone started watching and what season made them start watching.

For me it was season 7. I was a bit confused at times but i still liked it. Then i bought all the dvds and have fallen in love.

Bow down before anubis
    sigpic

The movie and Season One, but both on DVD, just under a year ago.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I started watching season 1, but at the time I didn't liked it that much... I know really really bad (still don't know why I didn't liked it... maybe I was too young??) and then when season 4 was on... I really loved it... I was hooked about it and then bought all the seasons when they were on season 6 so...

Comment

I got hooked on repeats last year, not a specific season. It was a S1 ep-the first one I ever saw-that got me hopelessly addicted.

Comment

i started in season 4 but only got in to it big after season 5
          sigpic
          Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
          Metal gear fan

Comment

I didn't even *start* watching SG-1 until last year during what happened to be the season 9 break. I had caught up on all of SGA and wanted to flesh out the entire "universe" so to speak. So I rented the movie, which I'd seen way back when and enjoyed, and then rented season 1. By "The Nox," I was completely hooked. It didn't take long.

And then it took me about 5-6 weeks to get through all 9 seasons. After that, I bought all 8 seasons and have since watched each season a few times. Season 2 is my favorite, but season 1 completely hooked me.

Comment

The Movie........ Very speculative on the TV show with McGayver being Kurt Russell. Wonderful job on the casting for Daniel kep me going. They also needed more eps. with Gua'uld in them. That is what got me hooked. The Gua'ud and Daniel and then five years later I stopped calling O'Niel McGayver. The same goes for Mitch now. Although he is already Mitch.
              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Been hooked ever since I saw "Children of the Gods" ten years ago.
                An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Mine is a very strange story... I will be the first to come out and say that I am Stargate's biggest fan. Ok, so I don't go to conventions or buy the actor's outfits, but I still consider myself the show's biggest fan (and as many of you know, one of season 9's most fervant crusaders *grin*).

I am an "old timer" and saw the original Stargate in the theatre. Stargate has (for me) one of the Top 10 "Movie Moments" ever - when the Stargate was first engaged. That whole scene still makes me shudder in awe and delight. When I left that theatre, I turned to my friend and told him "Dude, they have to make a sequel to this movie. It screams sequel! There is so much they could do, maybe the Stargate could go somewhere other then Abydos."

A few years ago, Showtime got the rights and started producing the show but for some odd reason I didn't know about it! Not only that, I didn't get Showtime so even if I wanted to I couldn't have watched it (parents didn't subscribe to Showtime). Once I found out about it, though, I desperately wanted to watch Stargate!

That all came to fruition a couple of years ago. I believe it was during season 6 that the 1st Season of Stargate was put out on DVD. I immediately bought it, and absorbed it all in a matter of a week. I loved every minute of it! From that point on, I've been keeping track of Stargate, buying the Seasons as soon as they get released on DVD, hooking other people onto the show by buying the season sets as birthday presents, occasionally watching re-runs on Sci Fi, and these days downloading and watching Stargate the moment it comes out (Season 9 and soon 10). I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for Season 9 to come out on DVD to buy it along with Atlantis Season 2.

So, yeah, thus my addiction to Stargate is now revealed

Comment

I got hooked on re-runs from a number of different seasons last year, so not any one season in particular. But if the credit has to go to a season it would have to be nine- I caught SG-1 whenever I could, but after season nine started and I realised how much I loved the show I really had to catch every episode of the previous seasons.

Comment

Comment

Since I first saw the movie on the shelf at the video rental store and said "Ohh! James Spader- he's so cute!" The sci-fi factor was a plus too. Then I watched the series from Children of the Gods, but I lost interest around season four. Got interested around season six. Fell in love with SGA. Am currently watching all the DVDs again (Im up to S2 disk 3) while waiting with complete impatience for new eps of SGA. About 2 months ago I got my 11 year old daughter hooked to SGA, and she is now watching through the SG-1 DVDs with me and getting addicted to them too. LOL!
                        sigpic
                        My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

i got hooked on the movie really liked it then wathched the seasons

Comment

Originally posted by Annubis' hitman
                            I was just wondering when everyone started watching and what season made them start watching.

For me it was season 7. I was a bit confused at times but i still liked it. Then i bought all the dvds and have fallen in love.

Bow down before anubis
                            I saw the movies, and started watching as soon as it started on Showtime. Been watching ever since.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Honestly, I have no idea when I started watching. It was before Atlantis started, but I have no idea what season of SG-1 repeats they were playing at the time. I guess we'll never know.

Comment

Working...
                              X