Clear All

no cake is too good to eat
    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
    "what?"
    *throat punch*
    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

hihi sorry to double post, but sga is coming again to fta tv!

7's new channel, 7mate is gonna air it. i'm not sure what time yet.
      they say 7mate is primariily targetting male views because over the years 7 has been leaning mroe towards a female viewership. but personlly, i think the shows that are gonna be on 7mate are gonna be good; as well as sga there's wh13, family guy, and american dad

linky: http://au.tv.yahoo.com/mate/
      "what?"
      *throat punch*

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post

they say 7mate is primariily targetting male views because over the years 7 has been leaning mroe towards a female viewership. but personlly, i think the shows that are gonna be on 7mate are gonna be good; as well as sga there's wh13, family guy, and american dad

Oh nice. WH13 EPICSAUCE

Comment

yep
          fta is finally stepping up its game. this is gonna be good *rubs hands evilly*
          "what?"
          *throat punch*

Comment

Awesome, but they didn't seem to mention that SG1 would be on the station, only SGA

Comment

It will be good to see SGA on FTA again.

Comment

I like how it targets "guys" and yet more than anything it appeals to me
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
                  And i'm a guy and almost all of those programs don't appeal to me in any way lol.

Comment

yeah i thought the same thing i don't feel they were being sexist or anything tho, coz it does seem to me that 7 leans more towards "female" viewers, with greys anatomy and the like. it's just a way of them branching out.

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                    Awesome, but they didn't seem to mention that SG1 would be on the station, only SGA
                    they've already aired all of sg1 so they prolly wont be showing it for a long while at least. sg1 is on sci fi channel every day of the week i think
                    "what?"
                    *throat punch*

Comment

how are sga and wh13 'guys' shows for that matter what makes anything a guys show over a girls show... i know guys who watch shows that are labelled 'girls' shows and girls who watch shows labelled 'guys' shows... why cant they just be shows...

sorry, rant...
                      "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

not 'guy' shows, but shows aimed predominately at the male gender. they're also showing afl, family guy, american dad, fifth gear GENE SIMMONS FAMILY JEWELS, LIFE AFTER PEOPLE, MEGA STRUCTURES.

from their website, in case ppl are thinking ch7 are sexist as well as stupid (we all know they're stupid):
                        “The launch of 7mate delivers us a tremendous platform of channels targeting specific audience demographics – leveraging our primary channel’s success with women and 7TWO’s targeting of a 25+ adult audience.
                        i don't think there's anythihng sexist about it. it's women who generally watch 7 during the weeknights with greys anatomy, private practice, brothers and sisters etc, so 7 were losing the male audience. instead of changing the programming they've added a channel so both genders can have what they want. women will watch 7mate and men will watch 7, but no 7 have everyone and they can domminate insert evil corporate laughter here
                        "what?"
                        *throat punch*

Comment

So. I've been capped for two days and GW hasnt been loading for me. So heres my MASSIVE WALL REPLY to the 7mate stuff.

yeah i thought the same thing
                          Well that just goes to show that you're not one of those girly girl dumb blondes.

Originally posted by tNsRAoL View Post
                          And i'm a guy and almost all of those programs don't appeal to me in any way lol.
                          Most of those shows DID appeal to me at one point in time. But I'm kinda over most of them...

I don't feel they were being sexist or anything tho, coz it does seem to me that 7 leans more towards "female" viewers, with greys anatomy and the like. it's just a way of them branching out.
                          Indeed. I just think that the TV ad is a bit... male dominant...

they've already aired all of sg1 so they prolly wont be showing it for a long while at least. sg1 is on sci fi channel every day of the week i think
                          Didn't 7two air all of SGA too? My guess is that they still hold the rights to some seasons so they're gonna use it to their advantage.

Yeah SG-1 is still airing daily, multi showings of the same episode in the same day too.

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                          how are sga and wh13 'guys' shows for that matter what makes anything a guys show over a girls show... i know guys who watch shows that are labelled 'girls' shows and girls who watch shows labelled 'guys' shows... why cant they just be shows...

sorry, rant...
                          not 'guy' shows, but shows aimed predominately at the male gender.
                          Indeed as Kath said, when you boil a show down to the bare bone, you either get a 'girl' show or a 'guy' show. Some girls watch guys shows and some guys watch girl shows. Its the same with movies, you have chickflicks and guyflicks.

they're also showing afl, family guy, american dad, fifth gear GENE SIMMONS FAMILY JEWELS, LIFE AFTER PEOPLE, MEGA STRUCTURES.

I don't think there's anythihng sexist about it. it's women who generally watch 7 during the weeknights with greys anatomy, private practice, brothers and sisters etc, so 7 were losing the male audience. instead of changing the programming they've added a channel so both genders can have what they want. women will watch 7mate and men will watch 7, but no 7 have everyone and they can domminate insert evil corporate laughter here
                          Neither do I. They're just calling it a guy's channel because calling it a "Channel that is for people who enjoy the type of shows that are typically geared towards male viewers" is a bit long and tedious.

BTW: To those who don't know;

Life After People is an AMAZING documentary series that scifi fan's will enjoy. It goes through what happens to the planet if everyone in the world was to suddenly vanish. Not the how/why they vanished, but what happens to certain places in the world after we''re gone. Going from a few days to years into the future. It's quite interesting to show how Nature takes back the world slowly. It goes through an area/city an episode.

Gene Simmons Family Jewels is a sort of reality/documentary series based on Gene Simmon's family life.

Mega Structures is a documentary series about how massive and amazing structures were/are made around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidwizz View Post
                            Indeed as Kath said, when you boil a show down to the bare bone, you either get a 'girl' show or a 'guy' show. Some girls watch guys shows and some guys watch girl shows. Its the same with movies, you have chickflicks and guyflicks.
                            im sorry but i fail to see how you get a 'girl' show or a 'boy' show based on what it is about... if only females/males watched it then it would be a girl/boy show... i distinctly dislike society placing gender labels on things (and for the sake of this discussion the thing being shows)... i dont like being told im watching a guys show when it is just a show... and i dont like how guys feel they cant watch certain things for fear of being labelled... males and females act in them, if it is ok for both genders to act in them why is it that (especially for males) its 'wrong' to watch certain things... i know guys who watch romantic comedies, greys anatomy, private practice and even mcleods daughters when it was on... i know girls who prefer action and car movies to romantic comedies and wouldnt be caught dead watching mcleods daughters...

maybe if shows were made to appeal to people instead of gender then we would get more well rounded shows on the whole... instead alot of shows rely on stereotypes because they either cant be bothered or because the area being stereotyped isnt what their 'target audience' is interested in... and it bugs me no end when you ask why a show does something the way it does and people say because it was made for guys... well hello 21st century, women viewers out there too, what are we supposed to be watching

im not looking for an argument, but this is something that really grates on my nerves...
                            "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Hey quick question? sorry if this is in the wrong thread, i've been trying to find an Australian one . but does anyone know where i can find ark of truth in the collectors tin from ezydvd? (ezydvd is out of them now) i've got all the others except that one, it hasn't come up on ebay in the last few months.. i cant find it anywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                                im sorry but i fail to see how you get a 'girl' show or a 'boy' show based on what it is about... if only females/males watched it then it would be a girl/boy show... i distinctly dislike society placing gender labels on things (and for the sake of this discussion the thing being shows)... i dont like being told im watching a guys show when it is just a show... and i dont like how guys feel they cant watch certain things for fear of being labelled... males and females act in them, if it is ok for both genders to act in them why is it that (especially for males) its 'wrong' to watch certain things... i know guys who watch romantic comedies, greys anatomy, private practice and even mcleods daughters when it was on... i know girls who prefer action and car movies to romantic comedies and wouldnt be caught dead watching mcleods daughters...

maybe if shows were made to appeal to people instead of gender then we would get more well rounded shows on the whole... instead alot of shows rely on stereotypes because they either cant be bothered or because the area being stereotyped isnt what their 'target audience' is interested in... and it bugs me no end when you ask why a show does something the way it does and people say because it was made for guys... well hello 21st century, women viewers out there too, what are we supposed to be watching

im not looking for an argument, but this is something that really grates on my nerves...
                                I should have stated it in my post that, I don't agree with the way its all done, but the fact is, it is done and people will always call shows based on genders. I think people call them girl/guys shows because the majority of that gender watch it. There are quite a lot of shows that have no gender associated with it.

Show's DO appeal to people. It's just that majority of the time one gender likes it more than another. For example, no matter how they made the ads Grey's Anatomy would never appeal to me. Because the show is primarily about romance, and more women appeal to shows that are about romance than men.

Shows will always have their target audience. That's why its called a target audience. Without one it wouldn't really appeal that well to anyone. The big TV companies are just doing what things like ratings and research suggests.

Also, not looking for an argument. Just stating that its what happens in the world. Whether we like it or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X