Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know what GDO really stands for?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
    GDO is an anagram for GOD. As in GOD, please don't let me splatter across the iris.....
    Ouch, that's gotta hurt.
    Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Nah, I hear it's pretty painless. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper One
        There are lots of threads on this (use the search). But since I'm already here:

GDO: Garage Door Opener
        DHD: Dial Home Device
        IDC: Identification Code
        R&D: Reseach and Development (I think)
        NID: Well... nobody really knows But its probably National Intelligence Department or something
        N.I.D. stands for NOTHING AT ALL. It's just a name. Like the Asgard or whatever. They explain it in one of the commentaries for season 6. Originally, they were gonna call it the N.A.R.D (as in "Not A Real Department"), but something prevented them from doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
          N.I.D. stands for NOTHING AT ALL. It's just a name. Like the Asgard or whatever. They explain it in one of the commentaries for season 6. Originally, they were gonna call it the N.A.R.D (as in "Not A Real Department"), but something prevented them from doing that.
          Probably because NARD just sounds too funny. You just know O'Neill would have made a whole bunch of jokes about the NARD! And N.I.D. is great because, even now, 9 years later (I think they were introduced in Season 1?) people are still trying to figure out what it stands for!
          I GoodSearch for the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
          Raise money for your favorite charity - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey23
            Probably because NARD just sounds too funny. You just know O'Neill would have made a whole bunch of jokes about the NARD! And N.I.D. is great because, even now, 9 years later (I think they were introduced in Season 1?) people are still trying to figure out what it stands for!
            And they will keep trying because it doesn't stand for anything.

Comment

As in Special Great non-Ascended Really short Dinghoockey's = A.S.G.A.R.D.

(ok I know that sucked)

Comment

N.I.D. stands for nid, just as the Black Sabbath Song N.I.B. stands for nib...
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....30&postcount=9
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=18
                Originally posted by Jonzey
                Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

Doesn't I.D.C. stand for Iris Deactivation Code?
                  JOIN THE FIGHT FOR GALACTIC DOMINATION!

http://stargatewars.com/recruit.php?uniqid=dl1158117270

Comment

Originally posted by Abydos1
                    I always thought it was Identification Code...

Comment

Has anyone ever thought that the iris would make a nice garage door? I mean you pull up to that thing, sound effects and all...it would be, wicked.
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

The all-knowing Gateworld Omnipedia has spoken...

Identification Code. I.D.C.s determine the identity of an incoming traveler equipped with a G.D.O. All SG units are assigned an I.D.C. as well as Tok'ra operatives who work in conjunction with Stargate Command, and Bra'tac, whose I.D.C. is Special Code Two.
                        Last edited by Jumper One; 20 April 2006, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                          Has anyone ever thought that the iris would make a nice garage door? I mean you pull up to that thing, sound effects and all...it would be, wicked.
                          That would really freak out the neighbors.

If only I could program my garage door to make sounds like my computer does. Broadcast them on some hidden speakers. Ha, that would be great!
                          I GoodSearch for the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
                          Raise money for your favorite charity - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

Comment

If you think about it, the I.D.C doesn't truly deactivate the iris, Walter does

Comment

Originally posted by 4prettierships
                              If you think about it, the I.D.C doesn't truly deactivate the iris, Walter does
                              So what do you call it instead? W.A.C.? Walter Activation Code?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                                So what do you call it instead? W.A.C.? Walter Activation Code?
                                HAHA!! I LOVE IT!

Comment

Working...
                                X