This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by <Supreme-Commander-Thor> View Post
    i think it says somewhere on Wiki when they are being made i think i also read they were being done in HD somewhere, but what does it matter?

<Supreme-Commander-Thor>
    Well i like my Stargate in HD, so it matters alot

Stargate on Blu-Ray looks rather great.

I wonder if the TV show was ever filmed on film or video, i know the latter have been done in HD, it would be great to have season 1-10 in HD

Comment

lol yeah, it wouldnt make much of a difference to me but i expect at least the first 4 seasons would have to be cleaned up to HD standards... but im not sure lol

i have season 1-9 of SG1 that i got along with the Stargate-SG1 DVD Collection Magazine lol theres loads of usefel info on the magazines...
      anyway nevermind lol

im not sure which series would have been filmed in HD but quite a few at least 3-5 i think lol, but thats just a guess...

<Supreme-Commander-Thor>
      Supreme Commander Thor - "I Like The Yellow Ones"

Terra Atlantus
      Nou Ani Anqueatus
      Ego Indeo Dormata

Comment

lol yeah, it wouldnt make much of a difference to me but i expect at least the first 4 seasons would have to be cleaned up to HD standards... but im not sure lol

i have season 1-9 of SG1 that i got along with the Stargate-SG1 DVD Collection Magazine lol theres loads of usefel info on the magazines...
        anyway nevermind lol

im not sure which series would have been filmed in HD but quite a few at least 3-5 i think lol, but thats just a guess...

<Supreme-Commander-Thor>
        Yea i own 1-9 in the special Silver edition (Region 2), looks great when put together as it says Stargate SG-1 Collection

Shame my Atlantis Season 1 and 2 are not in a similar casing.

Comment

Sorry for double posting, just found out that all seasons of SG-1 have been filmed on 35mm, so that means HD for Stargate in the future, thats if MGM live upto there word in saying Stargate is there 2nd biggest name behind Bond

Comment

kewl i never knew there was some special silver set lol mine came with a magazine to collect thingy lol 3 episodes per dvd and im currently on 64 dvds lol it got to the 9th season and then they decided to do atlantis and then after atlantis finish with the 10th season of SG1 lol...

anyway have a look on wiki im sure it says on there when its being filmed...

<Supreme-Commander-Thor>

Terra Atlantus
            Nou Ani Anqueatus
            Ego Indeo Dormata

Comment

Yea the Silver editon was made for France and Holland and also Belgium.

Only shows 1-8 there as i am waiting on 9 to be delivered , as you can see Season 6 still has the shrink wrap, i have 2 copies, but one has slight damage so i needed to get a new set

Comment

lol nice id take a pic of my collection but i got nout to take it with...

<Supreme-Commander-Thor>

Terra Atlantus
                Nou Ani Anqueatus
                Ego Indeo Dormata

Comment

kewl i never knew there was some special silver set
                  Dont worry, I did not know that either
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MDX View Post
                    Anyone know if they will be released in HD on either Blu-Ray or HD-DVD when they are made etc
                    Well i to would love for the 2 Movies to come on Blu-Ray or HD-DVD , but the thing is at this point MGM Doesnt know how much they are going to make on the DVD Sales , and to bring them to a HD Foramt rigth off the baty is a risky thing ... If they make to many copies they will lose out on that money ...

Best thing at this point ( Couse the format is standard right now ) is to release it only on DVD format ... Its safer for MGM , and wont coast as much ... Meaning mroe money for future movies ... Witch i wuld rather have ...

Comment

I sure hope Beau signs on for the movies. I've really come to like his character. I think he makes a fine General.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Sorry for double posting, just found out that all seasons of SG-1 have been filmed on 35mm
                        Not true. Seasons 1 through 3 were filmed on 16mm, except for 'Nemesis' which was the first 35mm one. Seasons 4 - 7 were all 35mm (except 'Entity' which was HD), and seasons 8 - 10 were shot HD (as was all of Atlantis).
                        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Yea the Silver editon was made for France and Holland and also Belgium.

Only shows 1-8 there as i am waiting on 9 to be delivered , as you can see Season 6 still has the shrink wrap, i have 2 copies, but one has slight damage so i needed to get a new set

WOW thats very nice, i didnt even no they where out, they never come up on play.com or amazon when i look for stargate dvds. I take it the little one on the rights is the movie???
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                            Is there anywhere in print to confirm which cast members signed for the movies? Last Amanda Tapping said on the URBAN RUSh special is that they'd let to get RDA for the second movie, which leads one to believe he's not in the first movie.
                            I think the last we heard about this were the producer video interviews on the MGM Stargate website in January where Brad Wright and Robert Cooper said that everyone of the main cast was on board:

Originally posted by keshou View Post
                            Brad Wright also talks about the SG-1 movies, as already stated, and said he'd love to get RDA back for at least the second movie and termed it a "very good chance" but ultimately it's a business and the deal hadn't been struck yet. He also said that AT, BB, CJ, MS and CB were all contracted for the movies (he commented he was listing them in order of they way they were signed) but he wasn't sure if they had a deal with Beau yet.
                            The last we heard about RDA being in the movies was in Joe Mallozzis blog on February 9:

Anonymous writes: “Any word on Jack being in The Ark of Truth? Continuum? Season 4?”

Answer: Still no word on any of the above. I know that, ideally, Rob and Brad would love to have him.
                            No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                            (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

I was just wondering out of curiosity if any of you guys have any idea of how much the network's planning to invest in these SG-1 movies? (since they sound quite promising )

I mean obviously, since they're direct-to-DVD films, they're hardly going to have the budget of Kurt Russel's original film (a whopping $55m lol.)

However, SG-1's budget has generally been very high for a TV series, at an average of $1.5m an episode (not sure if it still is now with falling ratings) so can we expect a good few hours of quality explosions and special effects, or are these movies going to let Stargate go out on a low?

Sorry if I sounded like I was rambling lol I'm just very curious about these two movies, and all I know about them is what's on wikipedia (which isnt much!)

Thanks

Comment

Continuum

The Ark of Truth
                                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X