This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
    I wholeheartedly agree with your Trek assessments brother Sea!, DS9 was the pinnacle and IHMO the best Trek ever!.
    Here Here!, DS9 was the superior Trek show.
    If you ever have the chance to rent or pick up the first season on DVD, get it!, Jeremiah a very smart and unique scifi show, and went perfectly with Stargate when Showtime had them back to back. They did do the first half of season II then it disappeared.

Great choices and lists by everyone!
    Jeremiah was excellent!, I remember reading the series of books that the series is based on and when Showtime decided to do a series about it I was skeptical. That being said, the show followed the book nicely and turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

I am not sure if that shortened second season was ever released on DVD brother Fifth?. The whole storyline was just hitting its stride when they pulled the plug, which was exactly the sametime Showtime dumped Stargate. I might actually still have the shortened second season of Jeremiah on VHS.

Comment

I have to agree with what many others have said in this thread. Nothing should be brought over to SGA. It is it's own show with its own stories and plots (and pretty darned good as of late too). Trying to incorporate SG1 stories into the fold would in my opinion really do an injustice to both shows.
      Let Atlantis stand on its own merits and storylines. It's more than capable.
      sigpic

Comment

Dont think there is anything that can be moved over to Atlantis, perhaps the minimum being mention of the Ori but thats about it I think. The Furlings wouldnt fit at all since they are a Milky Way thing. I mean they can't be inhabitants of the Pegasus galaxy since it was said that there was nothing in the galaxy to start with. So the only other possible way is if they are from another galaxy but thats about it.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
          None, especially not the four great races and the Ori stories.
          Even though the Ancients are one of those great races?

How can people complain about these things and turn a blind eye to the Asurans?
          Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-o.
          O'Neill: ...Call Daniel.

Comment

I doubht we will.
            I wish it could go on like Star Trek, but let's be realistic.
            Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-o.
            O'Neill: ...Call Daniel.

Comment

Out of curiosity, how many main characters were on any of the Star Trek series? My point being, anything's possible if given the right circumstances.
              "In the middle of my back swing?!"

Comment

Originally posted by senordingdong
                I doubht we will.
                I wish it could go on like Star Trek, but let's be realistic.
                Okay, [realistic]
                Star Trek: TOS didn't go as far as SG-1 (seasons) Why not?
                Im mean, they both have "star" in the titles [/realistic]

PONIEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

Comment

Originally posted by SGVern
                  Out of curiosity, how many main characters were on any of the Star Trek series? My point being, anything's possible if given the right circumstances.
                  ST:TOS - 7
                  ST:TNG - 7
                  ST: DS9 - 6-7
                  ST:VOY - 7

But what the hey, there's more than that in ER, less than that in The Dead Zone... every programme differs. My point is not specifically the number of main characters in a show but the set up and the team dynamic of those characters. The core team of 6 in SGA works great - and is getting better and better this season. I just feel adding another core character - one for which there is no real need and so it would be added just for the sake of it - will only mess up the great dynamic we already have and lose a lot of the character interaction that I enjoy so much on SGA.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think it's a real possibility.. depending on the fate of SG-1, MGM would probably be quite happy to invest in a movie when the time is right. My feeling is that it would set the scene for a third series which was the original plan for Atlantis when they thought season 7 would SG-1's last.

However, it also depends on whether sequels to the original Stargate movie will actually go ahead... I'm hoping they don't.
                    //

O'Neill: Phasers?
                    Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Just a thot. What if we fans were to jot down the advertisers we see during episodes of SG1- both reruns and new eps- then send a short email to the sponsers saying that we saw their product during [I]Stargate SG1[I]and either liked the idea of the product, liked the ad, or were made aware of something we hadn't seen before, etc.
                      I don't think we should mention the cancellation or SciFi, and not say anything negative about anyone involved.
                      Just let the people who are writing checks to have their product/services displayed before SG1 audiences know that we're out there and we're paying attention. You wanna talk about money and whether or not SG1 is worth the price, then let's tell the advertisers which show is paying their bills.
                      I'd welcome debate on this idea...

Comment

I think they want us to buy their stuff...

Comment

Hmmm...interesting idea. If we bought some of the products advertized and told the people making the product that we bought it because we saw it advertized during SG-1, it might make them think twice.
                          Newbiegater

Save Stargate Sg-1!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16, NIV

Comment

Lol, Let's not and say we did, literally

Comment

Sorry, but as much as I love SG-1, I absolutly refuse to purchase Tag Body Spray, sorry, no way. You ever get a whiff of that stuff? Ewwwww......
                              On fighting:
                              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Well, my point being, if the people with the money got some feedback regarding their ad placements, they would, in turn, put pressure on SciFi and MGM. Besides, most of us are willing to spend a couple dollars on stamps and envelopes, perhaps donate a couple bucks to the Variety Ad campaign... what's a couple dollars towards a product if you can write SG1's sponsers and truthfully say, "I bought this because I saw it during SG1." Or don't buy anything- just email them and say you liked the ad you saw during SG1. I doubt anybody is doing that for ads run during ECW or Who Wants To Be A Superhero.... Of course, if there are any billionairs out there willing to buy a car and tell the maker SG1 is the reason, well then, you have my undying gratitude, indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X