Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, if the producers came up with a complicated enough storyline, would you support the addition of characters? From SG-1 or others?
    "In the middle of my back swing?!"

Comment

You DO make a good point. =)
      "A friend is someone who stabs you in the front."

Ilshah, host to A’aaruk-GateWorld RP

Comment

Why thank you. I hope enough people agree with you to create another massive campaign.

Comment

Hm...

1. Star Trek TOS -- since so much stemmed from it, how can it not be?
          2. Doctor Who (I suppose we call it "classic Who" now)
          3. Babylon 5.
          4. Firefly (which also wins best series song, as opposed to orchestral score)
          5. StarGate SG-1
          6. American Gothic (if we're allowing horror/gothic into the list as "sci-fi"; and just because I think it was one of the most underrated shows ever).
          7. Farscape
          8. Star Trek Deep-Space Nine.

That'll do.

Comment

Any new info form eather MGM, SCI-fi or Brad wright and Rober Cooper?
            C. Edmund

Comment

We can only hope so. *crosses fingers AND toes*
              "A friend is someone who stabs you in the front."

Ilshah, host to A’aaruk-GateWorld RP

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                Sorry, but as much as I love SG-1, I absolutly refuse to purchase Tag Body Spray, sorry, no way. You ever get a whiff of that stuff? Ewwwww......
                But but but...tag bodyspray is supposed to guarantee girls will go primal and instantly want to mate with guys!!!

Is this not the CASE!!!! I should litigate the makers of Tag. Damn false advertising.

I don't know why but this post seems vaguely similar.
                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I would write letters to the advertisers just to get Bob the Enzyte guy not to be aired so many times. I would also want to get rid of the Bowflex commercial.

They tend to show the same commercials over and over and over again.

Of course some of the Sci-fi commercials could be burned, like the guy blowing air in the dogs butt!
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I don't think we are going to get a season 11...personally I think we should end it with a miniseries which could be the equivalent to about 3 episodes or something. There is no way every single plotline in sg1's history could be wrapped up unless there were about 5 more seasons of the show, so i saw wrap up the current Ori storyline, have a nice little ending with the characters and everyone is happy. and then make a third series with some new charaters....maybe a team from stargate gets trapped in a different galaxy during a battle in the mini series.

Comment

Nope, not yet. If someone would e-mail me a P.A.'s number or Wright's or Cooper's number, I can get all three heads in a room and mediate a sensible agreement to this mess.
                      "In the middle of my back swing?!"

Comment

Originally posted by SGVern
                        So, if the producers came up with a complicated enough storyline, would you support the addition of characters? From SG-1 or others?
                        Honestly? Probably not. I just can't see any way to introduce a new character that is not going to sideline at least one of the existing characters (which I happen to very much like). I guess maybe if they chose to add an original new character and there was a reason - like that character added something to the team dynamic or filled a percieved gap (though I can't imagine what that gap could be as I feel the team functions great as it is) - then that could work. But adding an SG1 character just feels like - and let's face it, would be - adding a character just for the sake of it. It would be, essentially, stunt casting of the highest order. And SGA doesn't need it and doesn't deserve it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Personally, I'm just speaking for myself here and not suggesting anyone should go and do it, but I would be more inclined to email - no stamps neccesary the advertisers (they all have customer feedback on their websites) and suggest as much as I like and use their product I will never buy it again because of my disatisfaction of the cancellation of SG1.
                          Again - just me.

Money talks and they are card holders here, are they not.

Comment

In the wake of non-renewal of SG-1 by Sci-fi, I would love to see RDA and Gekko get into the thick of things and make the same type of movies that they did for MacGyver.

I know that there might be a wait for this, since Sci-fi is saying no new episodes for Sg-1, but since (and I hope) that MGM has retained the movie rights. They could call it Stargate whatever, just like Gekko and Paramount did with MacGyver Lost Treasure of Atlantis back in 1994. (That was two years after MacGyver ended)

I hope soon that the name Gekko and MGM will be used in a movie for Stargate. Like I said, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                              SG1:

Young Jack from Fragile Balance
                              (Ascended) inhabitants of Abydos
                              The Nox
                              The Tok'ra
                              Urgo!!
                              The Aschen
                              The Tollan
                              Felger and Combs (since Enterprise's finished)
                              Maybourne
                              Kinsey
                              Joe Spencer (he does have the Ancient gene!)

And for Atlantis:

The Hot Zone virus makers
                              That "thing" in Hide and Seek
                              The Athosians
                              The Hoffans and their "miracle drug"

Man, there's still so much Stargate can show us. It can last forever!
                              I agree with a lot of your ideas. I'd love to revisit some of these stories in the future...

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
                              Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

As for what the future holds for Stargate, I'm really hoping for a movie. I see a TV movie to be more likely, but I would be simply thrilled if Stargate went to the big screen... again. Possibly another spin-off, maybe? IDK. I do wish SG-1 would have a nice sappy ending ep after all these years. I guess 200 was kind of that happy go lucky, everything's gonna be alright and go on kind of ep, but to finish it off, if it doesn't continue as SG-1 on another ch or internet, they should have an episode dedicated to the grand finale of SG-1.

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
                                Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X