Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with Marty. If this season doesn't get any better.....It's just ...stale, boring so far. No RDA to speak of and Sam's been put on the back burner IMHO.

Poz

Comment

Originally posted by Kelt'ar

You obviously haven't been around a lot of TV executives (they can be heartless). Do you know that they attempted to cancel America's Most Wanted: A show which was the strongest voice against crime (and was effectively catching criminals), just because they wanted to fill that space with some swanky series that they felt might get better ratings?
      YOu got that right, Kelt'ar. My husband had a terrific show that was nominated for an Emmy and it was absolutely SCARY what they decided to put on instead. Stuff that didn't even last a whole season. Everyone who made the decision was removed from the TV executive gene pool, i.e. SACKED. The main dude "retired", but its a shame that really good shows just *poof* can disappear.

I can't imagine them NOT renewing, but after my experiences I've learned not to take anything for granted.
      If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
      proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
      Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
        YOu got that right, Kelt'ar. My husband had a terrific show that was nominated for an Emmy and it was absolutely SCARY what they decided to put on instead. Stuff that didn't even last a whole season. Everyone who made the decision was removed from the TV executive gene pool, i.e. SACKED. The main dude "retired", but its a shame that really good shows just *poof* can disappear.

I can't imagine them NOT renewing, but after my experiences I've learned not to take anything for granted.
        I always thought that if they didn't hear the "ching, ching" of $, the show was doomed.
        Correct me if I'm wrong but ....number of viewers = number of commercials = $ = whether a show succeeds?

Poz
        l

Comment

I think I know why SciFi hasn't renewed SG-1, SGA, or BSG for two seasons, yet. One word: Farscape. SciFi picked them up for two seasons before Season 4, and they were canceled before they could reach Season 5. So I think SciFi is being Cautious, by renewing their shows for only one season, so this doesn't happen again.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
            I'm with Marty. If this season doesn't get any better.....It's just ...stale, boring so far. No RDA to speak of and Sam's been put on the back burner IMHO.

Poz
            It's not the lack of Sam or RDA that's the problem.

It's the lack of progess in the storyline that is the problem.

They've established that the Orii are powerful, evil, don't look so hot, and are spreading.

... That takes up like... two episodes...

The episode with Vala and Daniel going around trying to get unlinked (I forget what the episode was called) was completely pointless and predictable. They went around everywhere to get a bunch of stuff just to find out that there's nothing for them to do to break it and that it'll wear out on its own.

And the last episode with the Sodan Jaffa was quite pointless too... Nothing has really happened to progress the storyline.

I'm not complaining about the Ba'al episode because I think that's been the best episode so far.

I had alot of hope for this new direction, but if nothing happens soon, I just... I don't know. I'll still watch, it's just... I'm not enjoying it that much anymore. It has it's moments, but... to me they're getting fewer, and fewer, and fewer...

I really hope something good happens in the next episodes before the break, and especially in the latter half.

I saw the previews and I really hope the episodes are good. I liked the previews but... *shrug*

Of course, I'm probably sounding like a broken record again... Sorry

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
              It's not the lack of Sam or RDA that's the problem.

It's the lack of progess in the storyline that is the problem.

They've established that the Orii are powerful, evil, don't look so hot, and are spreading.

... That takes up like... two episodes...

The episode with Vala and Daniel going around trying to get unlinked (I forget what the episode was called) was completely pointless and predictable. They went around everywhere to get a bunch of stuff just to find out that there's nothing for them to do to break it and that it'll wear out on its own.

And the last episode with the Sodan Jaffa was quite pointless too... Nothing has really happened to progress the storyline.

I'm not complaining about the Ba'al episode because I think that's been the best episode so far.

I had alot of hope for this new direction, but if nothing happens soon, I just... I don't know. I'll still watch, it's just... I'm not enjoying it that much anymore. It has it's moments, but... to me they're getting fewer, and fewer, and fewer...

I really hope something good happens in the next episodes before the break, and especially in the latter half.

I saw the previews and I really hope the episodes are good. I liked the previews but... *shrug*

Of course, I'm probably sounding like a broken record again... Sorry
              Jack and I have one thing in common which is ..not being good with words hence why I agree with everything you said above.. ....Boring, the eps so far are just plain boring 'except' for those two words from Sam's mouth to my ears, "Not Exactly."

Poz

Comment

In response to MM in SG most of the season storyline stuff seems to happen in the second half of the season (except for the set up in the beginning) and the first half is usually stand alones

The episode you were thinking of was "The Ties That Bind" was a little pointless but it was meant as comic relief (a change of pace) from the big impending doom of the Ori Storyline
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                  Jack and I have one thing in common which is ..not being good with words hence why I agree with everything you said above.. ....Boring, the eps so far are just plain boring 'except' for those two words from Sam's mouth to my ears, "Not Exactly."

Poz
                  Hehehe. Of course you'd say that

'Not exactly' was a cute part, Vala was entertaining, and Ba'al... Well, they all rock

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                    In response to MM in SG most of the season storyline stuff seems to happen in the second half of the season (except for the set up in the beginning) and the first half is usually stand alones

The episode you were thinking of was "The Ties That Bind" was a little pointless but it was meant as comic relief (a change of pace) from the big impending doom of the Ori Storyline
                    The impending doom doesn't seem that impending at the speed they're going

Comment

It's always slow impending doom. After all, it did take us eight whole years to defeat the Goa'ulds, and that's not even quite done yet since there are still some snakes floating around here and... here. If SG1 were guaranteed to go on indefinitely, it'd take us another decade to save the earth permanently from impending doom from the Ori.
                      SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                        It's always slow impending doom. After all, it did take us eight whole years to defeat the Goa'ulds, and that's not even quite done yet since there are still some snakes floating around here and... here. If SG1 were guaranteed to go on indefinitely, it'd take us another decade to save the earth permanently from impending doom from the Ori.
                        Very nicely put, if I may say so. If not a decade, I hope we at least get a few more years.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Just a question- when do you guys normally hear if it's been renewed? They are only up to episode 8 of the season for all 3 shows. I always thought they generally had a better idea of what they wanted nearer the end of the series which is um a fair few episodes away yet. Are there 22 or 20 eps per season these days?

Comment

Originally posted by BritAngie
                            Just a question- when do you guys normally hear if it's been renewed? They are only up to episode 8 of the season for all 3 shows. I always thought they generally had a better idea of what they wanted nearer the end of the series which is um a fair few episodes away yet. Are there 22 or 20 eps per season these days?
                            There are 20 episodes a season at the moment, in season 7 there was 22 with Lost City Two part season finale and that was going to be the film which led in to Atlantis but it wasnt as SG-1 returned for an 8th season to Atlantis' first in many respects SG-1 was kept going so Atlantis could "piggy back" on SG-1 to help people to get into it (IMO), the reason for 20 episodes a season is production costs with 40 episodes currently being made it requires a lot of money 44 shows would cost even more, after all we dont want Peter Deluise going with out his shirp because he makes great directors commentaries!!!

The real telling time will be the double bill of SG-1 and Atlantis respectivly in the next two weeks, if they get high ratings a large chunk of audiences i dont see why SG-1 S10 and Atlantis S3 isnt possible, im not really a BSG fan so i dont really care about that !!!

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                              On that note, it took the Wraith a whole year to get to Atlantis, and they were already in the same tiny galaxy. Hell, it took Apophis a year before he finally launched an attack on the Earth back in the first season of SG-1 (with a whole lot more one-shot episodes along the way, compared to S9).

Both of those enemies had preexisting war fleets. From the Doci's declaration in 'Origin', it sounds like the Ori don't have a major fleet, let alone an intergalactic one. Right from the start, I figured S9 would be a "building threat" story, while the potential season 10 would be galaxy-wide war. (I really hope I'm right on the latter part.)

Overall, all three shows have been running neck-and-neck all season, so ratings shouldn't be a reason to not renew SG-1, especially when you take in the repeat showing ratings. IMO, if Sci-fi isn't going to renew SG-1, they ought to tell the show's producers so they can end without a cliffhanger.

Originally posted by BritAngie
                              Twenty, for all three shows. Shorter seasons and single season contracts seem to be the thing to do in television in recent years. It seems a lot of prime time dramas, on cable and broadcast networks, get renewed one season at a time. If they do well enough in ratings, and have the support of the network, they get another season renewal. If they lack one or the other, they get dropped. (Like Firefly. And did you see The Inside during it's all-to-brief run on Fox? They filmed 13 episodes, and only aired seven!)

a time to mourn

Comment

Working...
                              X