Star Trek Ships vs. Stargate Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rudeljaeger View Post
    Well in Star Trek Bridge Commander (with Mods) a BC-304 can handle a Constitution-class (Enterprise A), Intrepid-class (Voyager) and Defiant-Class ship, but has no chance against a Galaxy, Refit Excelsior or Excalibur.
    You’re joking right?

Rail guns won’t even scratch Federation shields and missiles would be shot down far before reaching their target and won’t do much damage to the shields. Beaming nukes onto the ships won’t work; they’re shielded unlike Wraith ships.

They're maybe on toe with an Enterprise A, but I call BS on Intrepid and Defiant class ships, especially Defiant class.

Comment

Originally posted by pliepl View Post
      You’re joking right?

Rail guns won’t even scratch Federation shields and missiles would be shot down far before reaching their target and won’t do much damage to the shields. Beaming nukes onto the ships won’t work; they’re shielded unlike Wraith ships.

They're maybe on toe with an Enterprise A, but I call BS on Intrepid and Defiant class ships, especially Defiant class.

Im talking about the game "Star Trek Bridge Commander" with Kobayashi Maru and Stargate Ship Pack 1 + 2...And there I can destroy a Defiant with the BC 304.

Again, Im talking about this game with mods:

Ill make screenshots later where I destroy a Defiant with the Daedalus.

Comment

Im talking about the game "Star Trek Bridge Commander" with Kobayashi Maru and Stargate Ship Pack 1 + 2...And there I can destroy a Defiant with the BC 304.

Again, Im talking about this game with mods:

Ill make screenshots later where I destroy a Defiant with the Daedalus.
        I understand that you were talking about a simulation in that game. I’m just saying it’s not believable especially with the weaponry at the 304’s disposal. Now if you could arm the 304 with a chair weapon and drones that would make it more believable. Than again, that would also be stretching it since that hasn’t been done in the series.

Comment

The Daedalus, the small dot in the Nebula is the Defiant

Defiant got first hit, but Daedalus' shields can handle it

After the railguns drained it shields, some nukes impact directly on the hull

After some more hits, Defiant is loosing plasma

Check out that hole!

I get in a F-302 to look for the debris.

Hardly anything left.

Comment

The Daedalus, the small dot in the Nebula is the Defiant

Defiant got first hit, but Daedalus' shields can handle it

After the railguns drained it shields, some nukes impact directly on the hull

After some more hits, Defiant is loosing plasma

Check out that hole!

I get in a F-302 to look for the debris.

Hardly anything left.
            Too bad the parameters aren’t set up believably considering that rail guns are almost useless against Federation shields and probably only just scratch the ablative armor of an unshielded Defiant.

Nuclear explosion in space might weaken the shields (assuming it reaches them before being shot down), but just a little bit since a lot of the energy would be wasted since it’s not used in an atmosphere.

Realistically, I think you have a better chance just ramming the ship since the demo is about as believable as a 304 defeating an Oneil Class Asgard warship.

Comment

Where can I get that mod for BC?

Comment

You’re joking right?

I actually destroyed 3 Sovs with a DSC-304(The Odyssey) and still had shields.
                Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Well I'm not letting a game decide for me. Star Trek ships all the way. I'd wager the Scimitar against any Stargate ship, period.

Comment

It's just a game and a good one at that. Cloaking on the game has a glitch, here's how to exploit that glitch:
                    Imfamous Cloak Glitch
                    Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
                      Well I'm not letting a game decide for me. Star Trek ships all the way. I'd wager the Scimitar against any Stargate ship, period.
                      I don’t think anyone would either. Would be funny to see a rubber duck shaped ship with “planet killer” like powers from star wars mod into the game. Now that would hilarious.

The Scimitar was a neat ship although I though the writers bent the rules a little to be able to have the Enterprise ram the ship. In an earlier scene of the battle, you see the Enterprise deflect (with it’s weaken shields) a piece of the wing of a Romulan Warbird off the hull and a nacelle only sustaining slight damage to the shields (forcing them to retreat to allow the shields to recharge). With everything the enterprise and two Warbirds were able to throw at the Scimitar, they only managed to bring the shields down to 70% yet the Enterprise was able to ram it as though there weren’t any shields. It looked good, just wasn’t believable.

Comment

Nuclear explosion in space might weaken the shields (assuming it reaches them before being shot down), but just a little bit since a lot of the energy would be wasted since it’s not used in an atmosphere.
                        warship.
                        Well actually the MK-8 are some kind of Naqadah-Nukes. In one Episode the said such a warhead could take out a Goauld Mothership, so they might deliver some damage to an unshielded Defiant as well.

Comment

Well actually the MK-8 are some kind of Naqadah-Nukes. In one Episode the said such a warhead could take out a Goauld Mothership, so they might deliver some damage to an unshielded Defiant as well.
                          Some, since the naqadah enhances the explosive potential (in an atmosphere) of the nuke. It’s still a nuke, although enhanced. The nuke would more than like radiate the crew than destroy the ship. That’s assume the hull can't withstand the extra radiation since it is a spaceship after all and there’s already ambient radiation from stars the ship (unshielded) was already designed to handle. That is if the nuke exploded in space rather than beamed into the ship or before being destroyed on route. If the wraith can do it, there’s no reason the Defiant couldn’t especially with how slow the missiles would be travel. Torpedoes (photon/quantum) launch at warp speeds (faster than light) are slow enough. That’s also a stretch since you have to bypass the shields in the first place and rail guns will barely scratch the hull of an armored Defiant let alone a shielded one.

This is why the X304’s need REAL offensive weapons. They can barely hurt the wraith and let alone do any real damage to an Ori cruiser. It's no surpise the Ori seem so invincible in the MW. Until Anubis came alone, the hataks were just stagnant tech, no changes for countless years. and the earth ships are nothing to be proud of, they're just infants in that arena. In some of the episodes, they already have a hard enough time with plain ole hateks. What’s the best way to improve military tech... through competition. The replicators were the first to provide this though it wasn't much of a competition. The Ori are here now and I guess we'll see how this pans out.

To say that a 304 can take out a Defiant warship is pretty funny. I know this is a Star Gate forum, but lets be realistic. You certainly wouldn't expect a 304 to take out an Asgard O’Neil would you?

Comment

To say that a 304 can take out a Defiant warship is pretty funny. I know this is a Star Gate forum, but lets be realistic. You certainly wouldn't expect a 304 to take out an Asgard O’Neil would you?
                            Surely not.

Because in "Bridge Commander" the O'Neill is superior to all other Stargate-Ships, except the Ori Cruiser, the "Asgard-Ship-taken-over-by-Replicators" and the undamaged Ancient Cruiser.

Comment

Originally posted by SP90 View Post
                              Where can I get that mod for BC?

Stargate Shippack Version 1 (You still need it) http://bridgecommander.filefront.com...hip_Pack;65246

And version 2
                              Nr.2 http://bridgecommander.filefront.com...hip_Pack;67375

And before all that you should download "Kobayashi Maru Mod" aswell, because it changes all the other orginal models, add new ships (such as the Defiant) and allow cool new thing like walking around on the bridge

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com...Mod_Pack;48457

And the Patch for Kobayashi Maru
                              http://bridgecommander.filefront.com...ru_Patch;52278

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha View Post
                                Great.

Compare ships from different sets of fiction with hypothesized rules of physics, diferent ways of moving FTL, different histories of earth, and different origins of the species in a paint to paint. There have been a few threads that actually asked particularly clever specific questions in this regard, but in general... WHY?

Why not ask who would win, Frankenstein's Monster or "Steve" the Wraith in a cage match? Or how about the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland vs. "The Keeper" Wraith in a diva catfight? When push comes to shove, those comparisons aren't any less inane.

Not that this will stop the usual fanwanking, but maybe somebody will ask the more interesting questions of "Which concept of FTL is more interesting?" "Which show has the more realistic space weapons?" or even "What vessel do YOU think futue spacecraft might be like?"

Those are good scifi questions!

This board is filled with teeny boppers. Those types of questions are clearly too mature for this audince judging by the reactions we've had so far on this topic.

Comment

Working...
                                X