Star Trek Ships vs. Stargate Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15
    Maybe some real world stuff would help. Would you say it's as large as a Nimitz class aircraft carrier?

Because that's kinda the size of most Starfleet ships, if not a little smaller.
    The Ship Promouthous looks like its huge looks like alot of Star Trek Ships I thought the Promouthous was big and was the same size as Asgard but then when thor came to the Rescue it was like the Hans ship compared to the Star Destroy or the Death Star I was like sayin WOW!! that thing is huge. But if they are biger the Treks would probley back off and leave the Asgard be.

[QUOTE/]Well, I would think that when Shep wanted to fire at the Darts in Rising, he would go all out. Besides, everytime when we see a dart fire stuff (which, as you said, wasn't many), it fired drones. If it had something else, it would've been shown by now, or mentioned.

And yes, it does have a pretty good cloak. BUT, once it starts firing stuff, the Star Trek ships would know something's up and start firing blindly until they hit it.

As for the planet thing, well, Star Trek don't do it, but they can.[/QUOTE]
    Well in a Episode were a Dart scaned atlantis they fired at the Dart but it zoomed at them and they continue to prosue after they had already fired at it. But it might not have anymore but time will tell. They probley scan for them but its doubtful they will find him after all we are talking Ancient tec and that stuff can be a pain but if you recall the Jaffa used Ancient tec even though no one was scaning it but the cloak held against the person useing his staff.
    And the Planet I know they can do but it would take alot of power after all Malak who did it needed fleets of Sith Ships to do it and the Ships may not be Star Destroyers but they were just as advanced and more because they were made by the best miltary weapon of all time in my opinion the Star Forge but still the Star Trek could do it but it would take alot of time.

[QUOTE/]But it is still one ship. Combined, Trek has millions (well, at least a few tens of thousands), and I really doubt his shields can survive that much pounding. I mean, 12 hive ships can wear down the Ancient's own shields in a few days (admittedly they only had 1 ZPM, but still). [/QUOTE]
    If you recall Naqaudria is a material that keeps growing more powerful so the shield would hold against a whole lot. Anubis Ship has to be the Best ship

[QUOTE/]It doesn't have to power up for warp. [/QUOTE]
    Sorry I recall one of those needing to power to warp

[QUOTE/]They can't jump to another ship if there aren't any nearby. The Borg will make sure no ship enter that area by doing whatever they have to do.

At the end, the replicator need *stuff* to replicate. Well, there isn't much stuff in the vacuum of space.[/QUOTE] True but I'm talking they come with coroupt Ships and jump onto to be true they have made it to ships alot during the season the borg would attak the one asgard ship and the replicators would take the ships near there the Borg would not no what hit them the Replicators would slowly take over the ships and take over other ships it would repeat then the Borg would run or be destroyed the replicators would use the Borg (since they are Teced) to find more threw there connection and the borg would become the Replicators new target.
    Plus the Borg can be shot with a laser but the only thing that can harm them is Primative Weapons or Ancient Tec.(Star Trek Laser and the staffs are mostly the Same)
    Both universes probley can hold there own but Anubis and the Replicators would cause the Star Trek universe a hole lot of trouble.
    Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
    Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
    new enemy of the Ori
    At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Originally posted by shaqarava
      God no, they might advnace B4 technologically but he'd still be a dumbass sitting in a chair stuttering with the words to that stupid song whilst twiddling with some thingamajig.
      well damn.. i thought it was funny

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
        i think the star trek ships would be slaughtered, hands down. in stargate the shields are a lot better, in star trek the ships get rocked even with the shields up. also startrek doesnt have fighters
        The thing about star trek shields are that they only partially protect against solid weapons until the deflector shields were introduced during the dominion wars. things like space debrie could still hit of the hull with shields up (ie. they were energy shields) however stargate shields are like solid absorbers which are like energy shields and force shield together thus protecting against rockets and ballistic weapons while also pretecting againts energy weapons. so to determin who would win in a fight between s.t and s.g you have to put a time frame in it.

However its safe enough to say this. befor the dominion wars
        Star Trek vrs. Gould = even (gou'ld only use energy weapons)
        Star Trek vrs Earth ships = Earth ship would totally destroy it with rockets
        Star Trek vrs Ori = lose (the energy shields would disapate with the intencity of the ori beam weapon
        Star Trek vrs Antients = come on those Drones and energy weappons will just pass through their shields
        Star Trek vrs Asgard = They would have a defencive advantage but they would be unable to fight back

During and after the dominion wars the Fights would level off a bit but they stil wouldn't last long in our galaxy

Comment

The thing I like most about SG ships instead of ST ships is the invention of the internial dampeners. I always hated it in ST, when their ships get shot at, the actors would throw themselves about and jump up and down on their seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
            I won't get into the weapons argument between the two shows... but I have tackled the question of Interstellar drive speeds. This is what I've learned... Stargate has a huge advantage..! Here's why...

When comparing the apparent capabilities between ships of the Gate and Trek universes, using comparable distances, Gate-verse ships fare much better. At maximum warp, (about Warp 9) it would take the U.S.S. Enterprise (the flagship of the Federation) 7 years to traverse a distance of 10,000 Lightyears (according to the StarTrek encyclopedia). It would take the non-intergalactic hyperdrive of an Earthship in the Stargate universe to traverse the same distance in less than 3 days. (I was able to figure this out because the Prometheus was able to make a jump of just under 5 LY's in only a couple of minutes in Memento. Do the math from there...)

Now that is completely ignoring the new model Asgard Intergalactic Hyperdrives that the Earthships in the Gate-verse are currently equipped with. The intergalactic hyperdrive can reach the Pegasus Galaxy which is roughly 1.2 Million Lightyears away from the Earth. It can cross that span in the space of 18 days. It would take the Enterprise at Maximum Warp (factor 9), 800 years to do the same. Huge difference. This means the speed difference between the Daedalus and the Enterprise is about 16,222 to 1. Ouch...! Can't speak for the weapons... but as far as speed goes... Star Trek is waaay out classed. Even with the Quantum Slipstream encountered by Voyager which theoretically could cross the entire galaxy in a single day (but not even achieved by the species that invented it, much less Starfleet which knew nothing about it...), Star Trek still loses. The Intergalactic hyperdrive could cross the galaxy (roughly 90,000 LY's across) In about a day and a half. This is something that Earth actually has possession of in the Gate-verse, and that the Federation could only dream of.

The main thing Star Trek has going for it is a much larger number of ships available to Starfleet with generally more powerful weapons at immediate disposal. But in the speed game... Stargate Rules..!!!
            Pegsasus Galaxy is 3.5 million light years away. Prometheus would take 1.5 weeks to cross the galaxy at ste speeds seen on Memento(4.5 light years per minute) and 12 hour at the speeds seen on Prometheus(400 light years per minute). there's also the Orion to contend with. The Goa'uld have over 650 ships, the ancients might've even had more ships. The Asgard had at least 18 ships, earth has had 4 ships, the Lucian Alliance have at least 12 ships, the Ori have 200+ ships. That's power for you.
            Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

I would really like it if someone responded to this.
              Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

You want numbers? Here's some:

Starfleet: According to DS9's "Sacrifice of Angels", each fleet has around 300 ships, and there are AT LEAST 9 fleets. so that right there is 2700 ships for Starfleet.

Dominion: 4000+ ships, probably up in the tens of thousands.

Borg: Again, thousands. Most likely much much more. Both the Dominion and the Borg control around a quarter of the galaxy, each.

Romulan/Klingon: They seem to have the same amounts, and maybe the same or slightly less than that of the Federation, so we'll put them at around 2000 to 5000 ships each.

And of course, there are other races out there. Now THAT's power for you.

Comment

I don't watch a lot of Star trek, but my guess would be that

Ori would win against Star Trek

Asgard would win against Star Trek

Goul'd would be somewhat evenly match

Wraith would lose a lot of ships, but would evenually win

Earth (Stargate) would lose very bady against Star Trek Earth

Comment

I don't want to sound like a total trekie, but I think they'd beat any ship currently in the stargate universe. I mean, we had alien assistance on our ships but they're still mostly earth construction and they can hold there own against most enemies, and the startrek ships are hundreds of years in the future and they have thousands of alien worlds worth of technology going into every starship.
                    MASSIVE SPOIERS TO FOLLOW: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
                    Spoiler:
                    Snape kills Dumbledore
                    Spoiler:
                    Darth Vader is Luke's Father
                    Spoiler:
                    Rosebud is a sled
                    Spoiler:
                    Bruce Willis' character was a ghost
                    Spoiler:
                    The planet of the apes is actually Earth
                    Spoiler:
                    The two guys in Fight Club are the same guy
                    Spoiler:
                    Clark Kent is Superman
                    Spoiler:
                    What? You were expecting Stargate Spoilers?

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyalcapones
                      I don't want to sound like a total trekie, but I think they'd beat any ship currently in the stargate universe. I mean, we had alien assistance on our ships but they're still mostly earth construction and they can hold there own against most enemies, and the startrek ships are hundreds of years in the future and they have thousands of alien worlds worth of technology going into every starship.
                      Maybe. But have you ever seen a phaser blow up an entire mothership in 1 shot? And wasnt there talk of gigaton scale weaponry being used in an enhanced nuclear bomb somewhere? I know you can get varying estimates on the yield of photon torpedoes depending on what sources you look, but I dont think Trek's Federation has anything THAT destructive.

Then again you have the Xindi, but that's Enterprise... and that mucks things up.

The Silent Universe Podcast - A Sci Fi Audio Drama where YOU can actually talk to the people who make it. Read future scripts, discuss plot ideas, help guide the story. Listening to the fans... now there's a thought...

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                        Goa'uld Ha'taks can travel at 32,000 times the speed of light and they can easily withstand a gigaton nuke, 15 times the yield of a photo torpedo.
                        Originally posted by Eoin
                        Thank YOU for putting star trek ships to shame when comparing them to Stargate ships
                        What is a torpedo in mega tons though
                        Where are you getting your photon torpedo conversion from?

According to http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Isoton there's no direct conversion to real world measurement.

Originally posted by nodrog
                        I think overall Stargate would win, mainly because most of the ships in Star Trek are similiar in power and there are hardly and huge group well maybe the Borg so I think the Asgard and the Gou'ald would kick more ass and the Replicators would totally rock the Borg.

But then again I don't watch much startrek.
                        You are forgetting that the Asgard or Gou'ald fighting the Borg would essentially be like fighting the Replicators (a different form/type/version). Like the Replicators, the Borg are highly adaptive themselves to make Asgard/Gou'ald weaponry useless in harming them.

A fight between the Replicators and the Borg would be interesting though. The Replicators would be susceptible to Borg nanoprobes (which are supposedly able to penetrate any known alloy or energy shield) although the human form Replicators would not be susceptible, or at least it would be a draw since they're basically made out of nanites.

Originally posted by Ouroboros
                        Nah I was thinking of that TNG episode where they got caught in the timeloop and that other antiquated Federation ship kept coming out of the timewarp and scraping some paint off their engine which then caused them to blow up.

It happened over and over again 3 times I think and really hammered home just how glass jawed their ships must be to blow sky high from a pithy little nudge like that.

The old junker seemed to survive the collision just fine every time though. I guess it was built in a time before the Federation went all commie and their build quality reaped the rewards of that.
                        Actually in that episode, the "antique" ship (forgot what it’s name was) collided with one of the Enterprise’s warp nacelles (their shields were inoperable at the time) releasing drive plasma and causing a warp core breach. Basically the ship lost antimatter containment and exploded (matter/antimatter explosion).

Originally posted by Avatar28
                        I don't know what an isoton is, it doesn't really exist. But since the maximum yield of 1.5 kg of antimatter annihilated is 2.69626554e17 joules (type 3 kg to joules into google) or about 64.5 megatons so you can estimate that one isoton is about 3.5 megatons.
                        The same article says that quantum torps have a yield of 52.1 isotons which works out to about 181 megatons. Improved but still paltry compared to the naquada enhanced nukes. And let's not even get into the naquadria enhanced gatebuster there.
                        As stated above already, there is no real world conversion for the measurement so your comparison is flawed. It is a made up unit of measurement in the star trek universe which doesn’t carry over to any other sci fi universe.

Originally posted by PG15
                        Borg: Again, thousands. Most likely much much more.
                        In the Star Trek Voyager episode Scorpion (introduction of species 8472), it was suggested the Borg controlled 1000’s of solar systems and millions of ships.

Originally posted by JMarcusXavier
                        Maybe. But have you ever seen a phaser blow up an entire mothership in 1 shot? And wasnt there talk of gigaton scale weaponry being used in an enhanced nuclear bomb somewhere? I know you can get varying estimates on the yield of photon torpedoes depending on what sources you look, but I dont think Trek's Federation has anything THAT destructive.

Then again you have the Xindi, but that's Enterprise... and that mucks things up.
                        You’re right; the scaling of weapons between the two universes can not be directly compared. Although never used in the show, the Borg possesses weapons of massive yields (multi-kinetic neutronic mine; 5 million isoton) which has a blast radius of 5 light years (a 10 light year range explosion; think about that for a second) and easily able to encompass an entire solar system (Star Trek Voyager: Scorpion). This is a weapon… not just a booby trapped ZPM.

Who's to say that ships in the star trek universe aren't made of stronger alloy (able to withstand more punishment) to those of star gate universe hence why you don't always see ships destroyed by a phaser or single shot (although it has happened before with races of weaker ships). Star trek universe don't have star gates so they've pretty much have had to rely on their ships for space travel and the numerous adversaries would convince them to build stronger ships (look what the Borg/Dominion did for the Federation for example).

As for the naquadah enhanced nukes, nukes are most effective in an atmosphere where as photo torpedo (and it's successor the quantum torpedo) were built for space combat against other ships.
                        Last edited by pliepl; 15 July 2006, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Ancients Vs Star Trek = Ancient
                          Earth ships Vs Star Trek = a draw earth have partially good shields
                          Goa'uld Vs Star Trek = Star Trek
                          Wraith Vs Star Trek = Star Trek
                          Ori Vs Star Trek = Ori
                          Asgard Vs Star Trek = Asgard
                          Tollan Vs Star Trek = about even.
                          Nox Vs Star Trek = neither the nox wouldnt fight and the star trek wouldnt attack a peaceful civilization
                          War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Comment

NO you're all wrong
                            SG-1 VS Star trek= SG-1
                            END off story, lets get some coffe!

Sorry
                            [An alarm is sounding. Harriman checks his watch as he and Siler stand, facing Ba'al's hologram.]
                            HARRIMAN
                            I'm sure he'll be here any second now.
                            [Ba'al is obviously impatient.]
                            HARRIMAN
                            So, um…

Take our ships, take our toys, take our awesome alien tech... I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take Stargate from me!

Special Thanks to Elles sence this is a ripof of her great sig.

Comment

I think we should stop comparing the size and speed of the galaxies in the ST and SG universes. ST is actually a bit more realistic there. Even this galaxy alone is far larger than is represented in SG. You are simply comparing apples to oranges here because travel through space is far more difficult than is implied in SG, and even ST, however since ST is "slower", it is more "real". (heh, even the special last night about SG tech pretty much told you we won't ever really be able to use wormholes for travel.) Hyperdrives at least, have not been "shot down" yet.

That leaves the ships in close standoffs, the fun part. Each series in my rundown will use the most advanced stuff seen on either show. ST will indeed have transphasic photon torpedoes, so they will be able to go through sheilds pretty well. ST equals ST "goodguys"
                              ST vs. Gould: ST
                              ST vs. Asgaurd: ST (numbers, basically)
                              ST vs. Replicators: Rep. (Borg should have won too but were dumbed down)
                              ST vs. Ori: ST better learn the phrase "Hallowed are the Ori"
                              ST vs. Ancient: Ancient
                              ST vs. Wraith: I'd have to say ST would squeek one out.
                              Species 8472> all else except combo of ST&Borg, or Ancient or Ori

Borg vs. replicators: No way to call that battle, really. They'd keep adapting to eachother, may be a "billion years" war! But if I MUST call one, Borg.

Borg vs. Ancient: Borg Why? Ancients were advanced, but seemingly small in numbers and not much for first strikes. Too much would be assimilated before they realized the danger they were in. (and Borg have more numbers than Wraith.)

Borg vs. Ori: Ori. Ori are more aggressive than the Ancients, and the Priors may indeed by the tipping point. (telekinetics would allow them to do great damage to the Borg without the Borg being able to assimilate them due to their "magic". And if hopelessly outnumbered, the Prior just burns himself into nothing anyways.)

Borg defeat all else SG in my book.

Earth SG is pretty low on the totem poll, they run out of weapons after a few minutes of fighting. (and now have 1 ship left.)
                              Hallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by Ori Warrior
                                I think we should stop comparing the size and speed of the galaxies in the ST and SG universes. ST is actually a bit more realistic there. Even this galaxy alone is far larger than is represented in SG. You are simply comparing apples to oranges here because travel through space is far more difficult than is implied in SG, and even ST, however since ST is "slower", it is more "real". (heh, even the special last night about SG tech pretty much told you we won't ever really be able to use wormholes for travel.) Hyperdrives at least, have not been "shot down" yet.
                                From what I learned about physics in highschool, ST would actually be less realistic than SG. In ST they go faster than the speed of light (which acording to the laws of physics isn't and will never be possible.) whereas SG uses wormholes and subspace which could actually exist and do what they do even if we haven't proven/harnessed it yet. The fact that ST is going slower doesn't mean they are more realistic.

For an example: A person flaping his arms and flying at 5 miles per hour isn't as realistic as a runner going 10 MPH because people can't and will never fly under their own power.

One theoretical way to go "faster" than light is to raise the constant universal speed of light. (i.e: if light moves twice as fast we can go faster than light originally did while still being slower than light.) We are like a car that has to obey the speed limit, but if the speed limit is raised then we can go faster. However, there is no current evidence to prove that we could do anything to affect the speed of light or manipulate it in any way. it's science fiction for now and probably always will be.
                                MASSIVE SPOIERS TO FOLLOW: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
                                Spoiler:
                                Snape kills Dumbledore
                                Spoiler:
                                Darth Vader is Luke's Father
                                Spoiler:
                                Rosebud is a sled
                                Spoiler:
                                Bruce Willis' character was a ghost
                                Spoiler:
                                The planet of the apes is actually Earth
                                Spoiler:
                                The two guys in Fight Club are the same guy
                                Spoiler:
                                Clark Kent is Superman
                                Spoiler:
                                What? You were expecting Stargate Spoilers?

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X