No announcement yet.

Star Trek Ships vs. Stargate Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orai ships can destroying Dominion and even starships of federation.
    sigpic

Comment

The Ori are overrated. Nuke 'em with thalaron weapons and none will be left standing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclopsis View Post
        The Ori are overrated. Nuke 'em with thalaron weapons and none will be left standing.
        Look,Ori ships is most powerful:

http://rdanderson.com/stargate/entries/images/oriwarship.jpg

What Federation fleet or Dominion can do vs them ? For example Defiant class is small ship and how they are can do fight vs those big ships ?

I guess that they are not have chance vs them.Only Pegasus ship can destroy this vessel.
        sigpic

Comment

Just about every race in Star Trek has weaponized anti matter so I would not take them lightly in terms of the potential damage they could inflict on things like those Ori shipyards where its in the middle of a field with a bunch of planks holding it up.

The Ori's problem isn't that their ships aren't powerful enough it's that they don't have enough of them to stop a mass rush of star Trek ships just flying in, blowing up anything of value, and leaving again. Or just swarming them 1000 to 1.

Comment

Ya know, part of me is thinking 'don't get involved, you've been through it already, there's no point'. Another part of me is itching to jump in.

The biggest problem for the SGverse in a war is lack of numbers. The Goa'uld, Ori, Wraith etc have some powerful ships but not many of them, so this would leave their infrastructure vulnerable (although the immense speed of hyperdrive means they could position bases and shipyards well outside the range of slower, warp-driven craft, and they can deploy their own forces far more quickly to intercept offensives).

The Federation has a lot more ships and developed worlds but can be stretched thin by forces that can literally strike either side of Federation space at the same time. They cannot defend everywhere all of the time, so sacrifices would have to be made.
            To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield- Tennyson
            http://darthtimon.wix.com/meerkatmusings
            http://meerkatmusings.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by darth_timon View Post
              Ya know, part of me is thinking 'don't get involved, you've been through it already, there's no point'. Another part of me is itching to jump in.
              Tell me about it.

Comment

Ori ships were built by ascended beings so they will have a slight advantage over aurora class ancient battleships.
                Ancients vs Star trek= Ancients obviously
                Ori vs startrek= Ori obviously
                Asgard vs startrek= again asgard
                human ships (-prometheus) vs star trek= humans ( asgard tech)
                wraith vs star trek= star trek
                Goa'uld vs star trek= even
                tollan vs star trek= tollan
                nox vs star trek= trek but if the nox were not pacifists they would mess starfleet up big time
                Furlings vs star trek= well, furlings are incredible, seemingly more advanced in transporters than anyone else, except ancients so...furlings

Comment

The goa'uld can travel 90,000 light years in a year teal'cs information was wrong, voyager (fastest ship in federation) warp 9.998 travels 75,000 light years in 75 years. The asgard can travel much, much, much faster than goa'uld ships and the ancients hyperdrives make asgard hyperdrives look like bicycles, the asgard are 100,000 times as superior to any federation ship because they have had 100,000 years more than the federation to perfect their technology, the ancients had 200 million. Asgard shields withstood weapons fire from ships built by ascended beings and had plasma beams capable of destroying them in 6 (give or take) shots so imagine what they would do to federation ships. the ancients had drone weapons that can bypass any shield, the replicators are immune to energy discharges and will withstand federation weapons purely from a logical standpoint that all federation weapons are energy based. and they would not realise that kinetic weapons would have an effect on them, these facts would also make them superior to the borg.
                  The Ori have ascended making them a next level Q, and no race from star trek has ascended, making any race automatically inferior to the Ori, except the asgard who had ancient knowledge.

Comment

Are you having a laugh? starfleet has been developing for what 400 years (star trek online storyline)(lol it rhymes) and the ancients according to stargate universe have been developing for 200 million years, 200 million is a bigger number than 400...Quantum also only refers to the study of physics on a macroscopic level (not microscopic so no mistakes) so just because they have quantums does ot mean it is made from zero point energy...

Comment

Just a friendly tip :You need to use the "Reply with Quote" button when you reply on long threads like this one.
                      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Who said that!!!
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Hello fellow thread members, I'm glad to see this thread has been revived.

I may have to get back into my old quoting wars with a few of the newbies around here.

Please guys check the old discussions in this thread for some reference.
                          Personally my views haven't changed, I'd be happy to reiterate certain things I've noticed some of the new guys are trying to discuss here when I have a bit more time.

I should hopefully have some time to get into things again over the next few days.

I'll be back.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                            Hello fellow thread members, I'm glad to see this thread has been revived.

I may have to get back into my old quoting wars with a few of the newbies around here.

Please guys check the old discussions in this thread for some reference.
                            Personally my views haven't changed, I'd be happy to reiterate certain things I've noticed some of the new guys are trying to discuss here when I have a bit more time.

I should hopefully have some time to get into things again over the next few days.

I'll be back.
                            And it's good to see you back!
                            To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield- Tennyson
                            http://darthtimon.wix.com/meerkatmusings
                            http://meerkatmusings.co.uk/

Comment

This thread is immortal.

Just out of curiosity: what are the ships in the Trek universe with intergalactic capability, if any? I always thought that was a mark of superiority in SG ships over Trek and SW ships. Even if it was, in fact, proven that SG ships had weaker shields and weapons, the fact that many of them regularly traverse intergalactic distances seems to indicate superior propulsion (and possibly power sources).

Comment

Originally posted by Mio View Post
                                Think about what the Ori are, first.

Spoiler:
                                The Ori vessels were built by the followers of the Ori. These followers were given detailed knowledge of the universe to build these ships. This is knowledge that even the Ancients didn't have. Their ships should be the most powerful things ever.
                                I read somewhere that Ori warships are only slightly more powerful than the Aurora class. I guess knowing what some caveman is having for breakfast in a distant galaxy only gets you so far.

Anyway, in my opinion as an avid fan of both Stargate and Star Trek it would play out like this:

Earth ships - Stargate except when looking at Sovereign or possibly Defiant classes. Would be fairly close even then.
                                Goa'uld ships - probably Trek except in special cases e.g. Goa'uld flagships with significant upgrades.
                                Asgard - Would beat Trek hands down
                                Ancients - Would beat most things hands down
                                Wraith - Again dependent on class. Hive ships would probably lose but the Super-Hive would give any Trek ship a run for it's money
                                Ori - Would also beat most things hands down

Comment

Working...
                                X