No announcement yet.

Star Trek Ships vs. Stargate Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Q can "destroy" the Ancients by simply snapping their fingers!

Hell, they can do anything and everything by snapping their fingers.

Comment

im not sure the ascended can do anything too and they dont need fingers xD !!! haha
      Hallowed are the Ori !!!
      Follow the path of the Enlightment !
      Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

Originally posted by KSTreadhead
        However the squadron of ten to fifteen F-16s would run out of missiles before the air-fleet of WW-2 type bombers were all shot down, also when they close to gun range they would soon expend their cannon ammunition stores as well. This would still leave a sizable force to bomb a target unless enough bombers are also brought down by any Patriot batteries protecting the target. Of course if in the converse a world with our level of technology were to invade a world with the level of technology of say any of the Allied or Axis nations of WW-2 the initial invasion would meet with success, but eventually unless there are follow on forces the locals numbers would eventually tax and overcome the advantages of invading forces. Those worlds with Victorian Age technologies would have it even worse than a WW-2 tech world. At least the WW-2 tech world could mate a primitive atomic weapon with a primitive intermediate range ballistic missile (V-2/ A-4). And if the invasion occurs at the right end of the Technology development the F-303s or even deployed AV-8 Harriers or F/A-18 Hornets would have to face something that resembles the F-80 Shooting Star, the ME-262 Swallow or the HE-162 Volksjaeger.
        KSTreadhead
        Douglas L Hemmingway
        PS I may be wrong on the Heinkle jet fighter.

Ahhh but I have not disclosed that this is a "tv" world where my F16's carry photon torpedo launchers. Now you feel silly don't you! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by The_Fifth
          im not sure the ascended can do anything too and they dont need fingers xD !!! haha
          There are those that can "use" powers, and there are those that just are.

As I like to annoy Star Wars debates over the same type of discussion.

Darth Vader : "Feel the power of the Force!"

Q : "Ahh mon capataine! I AM the FORCE!"

Those that ascend are indeed powerful, unless turned into a potted plant.

Comment

Borg Cube Vs. Replicators

That'll be awesome

Star Trek would beat stargate anyday. With any ship
            I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

STAR TREK FOREVER
              MUAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

im not spamming im just posting my view on the subject....now where was i?............... STAR TREK MUAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
              I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Stargate forces would win because their writers seem to have better memories of exactly what is in their arsenal!
                Ben Browder : blowin up things and kissin that's what we call Drahma !

Comment

Originally posted by KSTreadhead
                  However the squadron of ten to fifteen F-16s would run out of missiles before the air-fleet of WW-2 type bombers were all shot down, also when they close to gun range they would soon expend their cannon ammunition stores as well. This would still leave a sizable force to bomb a target unless enough bombers are also brought down by any Patriot batteries protecting the target.
                  unless, you get a Simpson's scenerio from 'Sideshow Bob's last gleaming' when he steals the Wright Brother's plane;

"Bogey's airspeed not sufficient for intercept. Suggest we get out and walk"

Originally posted by scapephile
                  Stargate forces would win because their writers seem to have better memories of exactly what is in their arsenal!
                  There are some inconsistencies in between series' but even if you take one series against Gate, Trek would still come out on top. Even the technologically inferior Enterprise would still give SG1 a kick to the back side; Xindi superweapon

Anyway Stargate is too 'safe'. I mean, although there have been a few close calls, i mean common, how many times can the Earth be saved. evil alien fleet, meteor, another evil alien fleet, escaped wierd alien halucinations, diseases etc. Whereas Earth in Trek is a potential and real target. Especially in DS9 when the Breen joined the Dominion, Earth was levelled, well atleast San Francisco

Comment

Originally posted by scapephile
                    ehh???

Comment

I won't get into the weapons argument between the two shows... but I have tackled the question of Interstellar drive speeds. This is what I've learned... Stargate has a huge advantage..! Here's why...

When comparing the apparent capabilities between ships of the Gate and Trek universes, using comparable distances, Gate-verse ships fare much better. At maximum warp, (about Warp 9) it would take the U.S.S. Enterprise (the flagship of the Federation) 7 years to traverse a distance of 10,000 Lightyears (according to the StarTrek encyclopedia). It would take the non-intergalactic hyperdrive of an Earthship in the Stargate universe to traverse the same distance in less than 3 days. (I was able to figure this out because the Prometheus was able to make a jump of just under 5 LY's in only a couple of minutes in Memento. Do the math from there...)

Now that is completely ignoring the new model Asgard Intergalactic Hyperdrives that the Earthships in the Gate-verse are currently equipped with. The intergalactic hyperdrive can reach the Pegasus Galaxy which is roughly 1.2 Million Lightyears away from the Earth. It can cross that span in the space of 18 days. It would take the Enterprise at Maximum Warp (factor 9), 800 years to do the same. Huge difference. This means the speed difference between the Daedalus and the Enterprise is about 16,222 to 1. Ouch...! Can't speak for the weapons... but as far as speed goes... Star Trek is waaay out classed. Even with the Quantum Slipstream encountered by Voyager which theoretically could cross the entire galaxy in a single day (but not even achieved by the species that invented it, much less Starfleet which knew nothing about it...), Star Trek still loses. The Intergalactic hyperdrive could cross the galaxy (roughly 90,000 LY's across) In about a day and a half. This is something that Earth actually has possession of in the Gate-verse, and that the Federation could only dream of.

The main thing Star Trek has going for it is a much larger number of ships available to Starfleet with generally more powerful weapons at immediate disposal. But in the speed game... Stargate Rules..!!!
                      The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                      Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                      My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                      Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
                        I won't get into the weapons argument between the two shows... but I have tackled the question of Interstellar drive speeds. This is what I've learned... Stargate has a huge advantage..! Here's why...

When comparing the apparent capabilities between ships of the Gate and Trek universes, using comparable distances, Gate-verse ships fare much better. At maximum warp, (about Warp 9) it would take the U.S.S. Enterprise (the flagship of the Federation) 7 years to traverse a distance of 10,000 Lightyears (according to the StarTrek encyclopedia). It would take the non-intergalactic hyperdrive of an Earthship in the Stargate universe to traverse the same distance in less than 3 days. (I was able to figure this out because the Prometheus was able to make a jump of just under 5 LY's in only a couple of minutes in Memento. Do the math from there...)

Now that is completely ignoring the new model Asgard Intergalactic Hyperdrives that the Earthships in the Gate-verse are currently equipped with. The intergalactic hyperdrive can reach the Pegasus Galaxy which is roughly 1.2 Million Lightyears away from the Earth. It can cross that span in the space of 18 days. It would take the Enterprise at Maximum Warp (factor 9), 800 years to do the same. Huge difference. This means the speed difference between the Daedalus and the Enterprise is about 16,222 to 1. Ouch...! Can't speak for the weapons... but as far as speed goes... Star Trek is waaay out classed. Even with the Quantum Slipstream encountered by Voyager which theoretically could cross the entire galaxy in a single day (but not even achieved by the species that invented it, much less Starfleet which knew nothing about it...), Star Trek still loses. The Intergalactic hyperdrive could cross the galaxy (roughly 90,000 LY's across) In about a day and a half. This is something that Earth actually has possession of in the Gate-verse, and that the Federation could only dream of.

The main thing Star Trek has going for it is a much larger number of ships available to Starfleet with generally more powerful weapons at immediate disposal. But in the speed game... Stargate Rules..!!!

Your still missing transwarp, Borg transwarp hubs (similar to stargates except you find them around neutron stars ), Warp 10 (but not practical, it meant Tom Paris occupied the entire galaxy and every point simultaneously and caused him to evolve).

But the my favourite is the power of the Traveler which threw the enterprise to the far side of Triangulum galaxy 2.7 million lightyears away, then a second trip more than 700,000 lightyears away and as far as "over billion light years" from the Milky Way whilst never exceed warp 1.5. A billion lightyears, billion with a B!!! BEAT THAT!! Like i said before; Anything Stargate has done and can do, Trek has already done before and better too.

Comment

Originally posted by shaqarava
                          Your still missing transwarp, Borg transwarp hubs (similar to stargates except you find them around neutron stars ), Warp 10 (but not practical, it meant Tom Paris occupied the entire galaxy and every point simultaneously and caused him to evolve).

But the my favourite is the power of the Traveler which threw the enterprise to the far side of Triangulum galaxy 2.7 million lightyears away, then a second trip more than 700,000 lightyears away and as far as "over billion light years" from the Milky Way whilst never exceed warp 1.5. BEAT THAT!!
                          Actually, I didn't forget Transwarp, I just ignored it. The Quantum Slipstream is faster than Transwarp so why mention it? As to warp 10, Tom Paris and Capt. Janeway occupied every point in the entire universe, (not just the galaxy) and your right it turned out not to be feasible, so it was abandoned. As to the Traveller, he's not a member of the Federation so really doesn't count. Those were specifically rare instances and not the norm. My previous post dealt with only the norm for each Earth-based civilization in the two different Universes.

However, if you want to get further out... the Space-Folding ship in the Dune-Universe are faster than anything mentioned so far. They can jump to any point in the universe instantaneously, no matter the distance. Nothing I've ever heard of can beat that. Essentially the Navigators of the Guild had only to think of where they wanted to go... and *blink*... they were there. That is fast..!

*edit* Oh... and lest I forget... the Asgard have even faster Intergalactic hyperdrives than Earth does. Thor's ship was able to leave the galaxy of Ida (god only knows how far away... Andromeda is 2 Million LY's away and is the nearest major galaxy, so Ida could be a great deal further.), and travel to Earth in the space of only a few minutes. This means the Asgard could likely travel from Pegasus galaxy to Earth in about a minute. *whistles*.... That doesn't even count whatever weapons they might have.
                          The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                          Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
                            As to the Traveller, he's not a member of the Federation so really doesn't count. Those were specifically rare instances and not the norm. My previous post dealt with only the norm for each Earth-based civilization in the two different Universes.

However, if you want to get further out... the Space-Folding ship in the Dune-Universe are faster than anything mentioned so far. They can jump to any point in the universe instantaneously, no matter the distance. Nothing I've ever heard of can beat that. Essentially the Navigators of the Guild had only to think of where they wanted to go... and *blink*... they were there. That is fast..!

*edit* Oh... and lest I forget... the Asgard have even faster Intergalactic hyperdrives than Earth does. Thor's ship was able to leave the galaxy of Ida (god only knows how far away... Andromeda is 2 Million LY's away and is the nearest major galaxy, so Ida could be a great deal further.), and travel to Earth in the space of only a few minutes. This means the Asgard could likely travel from Pegasus galaxy to Earth in about a minute. *whistles*.... That doesn't even count whatever weapons they might have.

If I recall Earth from gate didn't learn hyperdrive techology themselves, no more than Enterprise learned the means the Traveler used.

As to the Dune, pff, I can do that anytime. I just did it now . I went to Europa and back (don't recommend it though, it's cold there), didn't go further cos i don't know what's out there, don't want to be jumping myself into a black hole, lol. kidding aside, I bet Q could, but then again Q is kinda corny and stupid so i won't use him.

edit: Pff, species 8472 came from unknown distances from fluidic space using some sort of singularity, i can't see any greeny blobs of matter floating in the night sky, musta been a long long way away. And they have superior weapons to the puny Asgard not to mention in a one on one fist fight 8472 would literally disembowel an Asgard, if it felt like it ofcourse, or could just fry the little asgards brain with it's psionic powers.. Ooh, and Earth of the 29th century can jump anywahere they want. If I recall Captain Braxton jumped from presumably Fedeartion terrority from the 29th century all the way to the Delta quandrant in the 24th century
                            Last edited by shaqarava; 21 January 2006, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shaqarava
                              If I recall Earth from gate didn't learn hyperdrive techology themselves, no more than Enterprise learned the means the Traveler used.

As to the Dune, pff, I can do that anytime. I just did it now . I went to Europa and back (don't recommend it though, it's cold there), didn't go further cos i don't know what's out there, don't want to be jump myself into a black hole, lol. kidding aside, I bet Q could, but then again Q is kinda corny and stupid so i won't use him.

Pff, species 8472 came from unknown distances from fluidic space using some sort of singularity. Ooh, and Earth of the 29th century can jump anywahere they want. Ig I recall Captain Braxton jumped from presumably Fedeartion terrority from the 29th century all the way to th eDelta quandrant in the 24th century
                              Actually species 8472 wasn't even from our universe. Anyways, while it is true that Earth of Gate-verse didn't invent its own technologies we're just talking about ships that actually exist in each fiction-verse regardless of how they were obtained. I mean if you want to use Q, I bet Oma Desala, and the other Ascended could jump around any old place they wanted to as well. As to future Earth of the Gate-verse... god only knows. That is one of the beauties of Stargate... we're dealing with now, and not then. However, if the eps. 1969 was any indication, in only a single generation Earth becomes very advanced. Cassie (old Cassie), was able to open a wormhole through the Stargate without the vortex using only a jeweled device on her hand. The implication was that Earth would become very advanced, and with the discovery of Atlantis, I'm not suprised. It will only take time for its secrets to be uncovered, and for the humans of Earth to pickup where the Ancients left off.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Just thought I'd add this bit in...

The Prometheus (Earth's first hyperdrive capable ship), can reach a sublight speed of of about half the speed of light. The ships on Star Trek, can only go a maximum of what they call 'Full Impulse' at sublight speeds which is about a quarter of the speed of light. So... even at sublight speeds, Gate-verse ships are TWICE as fast as Trek-verse ships...!
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X