Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although i enjoyed (a little hehe) what you guys/gals have posted, my question was 'do you think theres more people, other than men' who watch our beloved Stargate
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Geekyred
      Dear God why!???? Quite possibly the very worst novel I've ever tried to read and that includes 'charlotte's web'

Cheers
      Because I like The Lord of the Rings. I thought it was good

Although the person who mixed the audio on those movies should be shot. The voices were so low you almost couldn't hear them over the music
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Hey, I didn't say I believed that rubbish, but it does seem to be what the Suits think. Why else do things tend to be so heavily geared towards the Golden Demographic? And I mean things in general, not just Stargate.

Personally, I think it's time for those marketing idiots to come out of the Dark Ages and into the 21st century.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          Hey, I didn't say I believed that rubbish, but it does seem to be what the Suits think. Why else do things tend to be so heavily geared towards the Golden Demographic? And I mean things in general, not just Stargate.

Personally, I think it's time for those marketing idiots to come out of the Dark Ages and into the 21st century.
          Yeah, even in this day and age marketing does does seem to have a heavy bias towards 'the male' which I think is less true now in TV land than any previous generation (As oppossed to to the 60'sish demographic) which tended to warp the female view towards the left wing somewhat.

Yes, I'm probably talking cack to most of you, but enough understand to make it worth while. Big HUGE smile here

did I mention the rather too heavy influence of booze? im sure you get the jist.

Cheers
          Last edited by Geekyred; 13 June 2004, 08:30 PM.

geeky

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
            Although i enjoyed (a little hehe) what you guys/gals have posted, my question was 'do you think theres more people, other than men' who watch our beloved Stargate
            Female, buddy. although not 18 to 28, I've been a loyal fan since episode 1 way back on Showtime, and before that I can remember being excited about the movie coming out. Now my son , who is 18 to 28, watches because he has no choice sometimes.He likes it , but isn't a rabid fan like me, and my grandson isn't old enough to appreciate it ....yet. However, I really don't know anyone else that watches. Except you guys, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
              yeah, on sports cars and junk...now if it were SHOES!!!
              Now you are talking my language NMom
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

well i'm a guy of 16 years....so figure...
                and for the pool you need two differnt ones...girls vs boys....and age brakets [1-10][11-15][16-19][20-25][26-30]..etc...something like that...

Comment

too many options to put for a poll, well maybe, haven't really thought too much about it. But i do like the age brackets newbie

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                    Among all the people I know in RL,the breakdown is:
                    Women 14,Men 6,so there does seem to be a gender difference!!

(I'm only counting the people,I know, who watch SG-1 willingly,not just because their partners like it! )

Do you need their ages,lmj?
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

no fhb i'm just seeing if there are alot more other 18+ males who watch

Comment

Almost 30 yr old female.
                        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Geekyred
                          Dear God why!???? Quite possibly the very worst novel I've ever tried to read and that includes 'charlotte's web'

Cheers
                          I really have no opinion of the book, but maybe thats why you didnt like it

(Even though mine is, I couldn't tell if your comment was in jest (i.e. sarcasm), disregard if it was )
                          "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

20 F here, also my boyfriend (who got me into the show) is 21. A poll would be really cool though, and easier.
                            "You have no idea the tortures he is capable of."
                            "You ended a sentence with a preposition..........b*stard!"

Comment

For simplicity's sake, couldn't a poll just have 4 choices? Females over 18, Males over 18, Females under 18, and Males over 18. Or something like that. Or, Males 18-49, Other Males, and Females.
                              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Good Idea

Comment

Working...
                                X