Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. I'll get right to the point...

1) The Oree. Quoted by Michael Shanks as being "essentially Ancients who have turned evil." The new bad guys for Season 9.
    Can you give us any more info? Please?

2) The Daedalus and the Prometheus have Asgard hyperdrives, allowing them to travel from Earth to Atlantis in a few days. Does this mean that we'll be seeing the ships stop by every now and then to drop off armed battalions of Marines or Army soldiers? Spare ZPMs? Special-ops soldiers? Tech and equipment to start building more X-303s in Pegasus? (drooling) SG-1?

3) Will we see the Atlantis team return to Earth for real in Season 2? Not permenantly, but for a visit (without the aid of mist creatures that look like Don S. Davis).

4) Speaking of Don Davis, what will happen to General Hammond to allow O'Neill's promotion? Will he still be in the show as a guest star?

5) Directed not so much at Mr. Mallozzi but at everyone: Am I the only one who's realised that
    Spoiler:
    after Mobius, with the different timelines and such, the heroes of SG-1 that we've been watching faithfully for 10 years are all dead? And not like ascended dead, but dead dead. Not coming back. At all.

6) Who decides that Daniel should die/get shot/get injured so much? In Mobies alone, he
    Spoiler:
    gets shot by Teal'C, O'Neill and Kawalsky, and tortured and implanted with a symbiote by Apophis.
    Last edited by White Knight; 28 February 2005, 01:10 PM. Reason: Just remembered something I forgot

Comment

Joe,

Please explain the 'packing' comment from the end of Mobius 2. Nothing before in Stargate has confused me quite as much as Mobius 2's ending, specifically the 'packing' comment.

BYE
      "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Thank you, Mr. Mallozzi, for being a good sport and answering fans’ numerous questions.

If you don’t mind, I’ll add mine to the mix:
        1. What literature, plays, writings, authors influenced and inspired you growing up and in starting your work?

2. Non-spoilery way of asking: is the current news regarding the new SGC doc is true, and if so, can you give any info on her character’s background and/or personality? And no offense to this actress’s talents (I am a fan, and jealous b/c I've a fangirl crush on her spouse ), but does this mean there is no chance Ms. Teryl Rothery will ever return (even as Heimdall)?

3. Geeky question: The first/stun zat blast. Sometimes it seems like a person’s completely knocked unconscious and other times they’re just stunned, temporarily immobile. Does it matter how far away the zat is from the “victim” and/or where they were hit, the charge of the zat (do they ever “run out of ammo?”), or is the answer to the stunned v. knocked out version whichever serves to move the plot forward?

4. Who in the world came up with that “candlelight cooking the meal” Omaspeak?

5. Finally, who do we bribe...er...contact, yeah, contact to get the writers’ commentary on the dvd’s?

Thanks again for your time, and good luck with season 9.
        Last edited by Capt. Voronokova; 28 February 2005, 05:33 PM. Reason: correcting names

Comment

Hi Kids I just had a quick question to anyone who listens how exactly did the SGC dial an 8 number address(dialing atlantis) when a stargate only has 7 chevrons
          Spooky Huh Oh and does RDA really like the "Simpsons"?????
          Last edited by kalash; 28 February 2005, 03:49 PM. Reason: forgot something
          "lifes only hard if compared to easy things"---???????
          I dont know who said it but it sounds good

Comment

A question on everybody's mind: Is RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON coming back? When will they announce that he's not (as a reuglar, at least)? It sure seems that way due to the film commission information and all the new casting.

Comment

.. Well, Everyone is asking the really good questions so here's mine. Yes, they may be unimportant but I am curious.

I was wondering more about Reese. The robot that controled the replicators. Who built her? Are there more of them? Did they escape the Replicators? Did they leave for the Pegasus Galaxy? Are they just convenient plot devices? Will we get to see the Furlings in Atlantis, since it looks like SG-1 is ending? Are they still good? What happens to Oma? Yeah... I know... lot of questions, and spelling errors, but if you don't or can't answer these, it's okay. My hands just got carried away.

Excuse me while I go get them back.
              Still Smiling,
              ^_^,ll..

Comment

Hello again Joe!

I would like to second Shipperahoy's request to see Colonel Dixon again. He and the rest of SG-13 were fantastic in "Heroes."

Also, any possibility of Felger and Coombs back for Season 9?
                Last edited by ChevronSeven; 01 March 2005, 06:15 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                  Originally posted by yasmins
                  This question concerns spoilers for Threads. I understand that there is great dramatic potential in portraying
                  Spoiler:
                  character deaths.

But I really wish you had not
                  Spoiler:

killed off Jacob Carter.
                  He was an absolutely wonderful character.

In an earlier response, you said we might see
                  Spoiler:
                  Jacob in season 9.

Can you tell us how that might be possible or if it is remotely likely?
                  Actually, in a reponse to a question, I replied that it would be impossible. I don't think we'll be seeing that particular character in season 9.
                  Sorry, thought (fervently hoped?) you were treating
                  Spoiler:
                  Jacob/Selmak separately
                  . However, that brings up an interesting possibility of a maybe for Michael Welch -- assuming of course that you're as obsessive as we are about correlating the number of responses with characters.

Reference: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=218

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                    Hello again Joe!

I would like to second Shipperahoy's request to see Colonel Dixon again. He and the rest of SG-13 were fantastic in "Lost City."
                    i'll third that they were lots of fun... even just is passing it would be fun to have them back the team archaeologist was lots of fun too

Also, any possibility of Felger and Coombs back for Season 9?
                    and i'll second this while i loved avenger 2.0, it would be fun to have an ep where they BOTH come back, especialy with enterprise possibly either ending or going on hiatus...

and to add to that question, is there any chance that jolene blalock will come back again?? or any of the other enterprise actors??

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by yasmins
                      However, that brings up an interesting possibility of a maybe for Michael Welch -- assuming of course that you're as obsessive as we are about correlating the number of responses with characters.

Reference: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=218

What they said! <3<3<3 What can I say...?

He's CUTE!
                      Still Smiling,
                      ^_^,ll..

Comment

Hey Joe
                        Call me crazy or was the whole fish references just a joke. I mean in Nemisis/Small Victories they were *this* big and then after T has his little excursion (the Curse)there are none. Am I just being shallow or was the whole "there are no fish in my pond" thing just O'Neill kidding around, if you will, (like when pretending to be dumb) because no one can ever catch any.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                          I would like to second Shipperahoy's request to see Colonel Dixon again. He and the rest of SG-13 were fantastic in "Lost City."
                          *psst* They were in Heroes 1 & 2!

And from the looks of things Airman Wells is now on SG-3 (why I don't know - it's a Marine combat team) and Balinski is on SG-22.

BYE
                          "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

forgive me if someone's already asked this....and i know you'll just ignore it if it's a duplicate

s9 casting spoilers
                            Spoiler:

if sam and jack were bad and wrong because they were in the same direct line of command - which is what the regs are - then how come it's ok for the base CO and CMO to be members of the same family?

I'm referring to the spoilers, accurate or not, that lexa's character will be the new cmo (no one can ever fill teryl's/janet's shoes, but the base DOES need a CMO, her absence has been quite notable on several occasions) and that she will also be general hank landry's (i still read laundry when i read that guy's name) daughter.

Neoptism is just as much of a no-no and hot button issue in the military as fraternization so it just seems odd that while one relationship was taboo for the better part of 8 years, one that's just as 'wrong' is suddenly ok

thank you and good luck with s9. it's going to be rather....interesting from the sounds of things
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I know this has been asked before (just now by Skydiver)

But I do find the whole Landry Father/ Daughter thing to be a bit odd.

Is this to replace the dynamic of Jacob and Sam? Will there be tension or animosity between the two characters or will they be very close?
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
                                *psst* They were in Heroes 1 & 2!

And from the looks of things Airman Wells is now on SG-3 (why I don't know - it's a Marine combat team) and Balinski is on SG-22.

BYE
                                Oops! I got my 2-parters mixed up. It was a bad day. Fixing now. Thanks!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X