Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Joe,

What has been you favourite episode of season nine so far?
    AncientsTimeline

Comment

Originally posted by Hulabaloo
      Cant we jsut drop the whole command thing? All this 'Whos leading SG-1?' was answered ages ago.

Anyway, you said a couple of posts back that you had pitched some story ideas that didnt really 'take off'. Well what kinds of storys have been pitched by several people but never made into scripts? Could you tell us a few, seeing as they are all dead and buried.
      Lives Unlived: Following an "incident" with an off-world artifact, SG-1 step through the gate to a familiar but very different SGC. Hammond is in command, the Dr. Fraiser is still alive, and Apophis has ruled Earth for almost ten years. Most of Earth's population have become slaves, put to work building motherships or transported to off-world mining colonies, while a few collaborators still enjoy the life they once lived. SGC continues to operate, now with a mandate to discover new worlds ripe for exploitation. But a resistance exists, an underground movement that enlists SG-1's help to trigger a revolt among the Jaffa on Earth by killing their god, Apophis.

Identity: Following a series of bewildering off-world run-ins with some unusally hostile natives, SG-1 realizes that they have become the victims of identity theft on a galactic scale. Somewhere out there, a group is traveling the stargate system, impesonating them, using the SG-1 name and rep to take advantage of unwitting off-world societies. SG-1 tracks the imposters down and catches them in the act. But the imposters are resourceful, turning the tables on the real SG-1 and setting them up as the fakes. That is, until they an alien threat looms.

D.O.A.: Daniel accompanies Vala to a remote world where she seeks the services of a renegade scientist. But once reunited with her old friend, she is double-crossed and injected with a solution. Turns out the solution actually contains millions of tiny nanites which are now coursing through her system, programmed to end her life in 24 hours unless... In exchange for the antidote, Vala must help the scientist and his partners break into an Asgard lab and steal an Asgard consciousness before it is transferred to a new, clone body. And Daniel, of course, must go along for the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
        As an aprentice editor from the time of nail varnish this picked my interest Can you give any examples from the Stargate universe ?
        That would be imprudent of me.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
          Joe,
          Can you confirm SG-1's renewal, or is it still unknown?

There is a rumor that it has, and here's a link to the rumor.
          RENEWAL NEWS: SG1 and SGA
          Hmm. Interesting. Check out the SciFi site for news on the pick-up if and when it comes.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Wait...wait...wait...whoa...whoa...whoa...hold the phone here, mama...

I just read your comments today and while they may or may not bode well for a Season 10 (as in you still don't know), I saw TWO separate comments by you where you question whether or not you'll be back next year should there be a next year. Now I took from your blog comments that after your crushing losses in Vegas (mmmkay, SLIGHT exaggeration on my part), you were looking forward to returning next year...or at least acknowledged you needed to continue working, and I presumed you meant on Stargate.

Has something happened????

Thanks as always,
            Mary Beth
            No. Just, realistically, you can't count on anything. The show may not want me back and I may want to check out other opportunities (remember that Reiki training I was talking about?)

Comment

If Fountain of Youth was an Ancients invention, and that was the basis of sarcophagus, then why haven't we seen any Ancient technology similiar to this in Atlantis or anywhere else in the galaxy, and why wouldn't the Ancients from Aurora use it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sprinkles
                Hi Joe,

What has been you favourite episode of season nine so far?
                So far? Ripple Effect. But, in all fairness, I haven't seen the finished product yet.

Comment

Originally posted by dd78matt
                  If Fountain of Youth was an Ancients invention, and that was the basis of sarcophagus, then why haven't we seen any Ancient technology similiar to this in Atlantis or anywhere else in the galaxy, and why wouldn't the Ancients from Aurora use it?
                  We haven't...yet.

Comment

Ok, I'll play. Ripple Effect is your favorite episode this year. What's your least favorite episode of season nine?

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                      No. Just, realistically, you can't count on anything. The show may not want me back and I may want to check out other opportunities (remember that Reiki training I was talking about?)
                      Joe this doesn't sound good or promising, you are scaring me , so to make this a question:

- When will we know that there will be a S10 for SG-1 and a S3 for Atlantis?
                      - In case the above is positive when will we now that you will be staying, if so?

PS: Unless you are going to make another show with RDA, I don't think you are allowed to leave... or opening an Ice cream franchise

Today this has a chat with Joe feeling... thanks!

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                      Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                        Ok, I'll play. Ripple Effect is your favorite episode this year. What's your least favorite episode of season nine?
                        Well, I don't think its fair to pass judgement until I've seen the finished product. But, so far, its an episode in the back half of season 9. Looking back over the previous seasons, and if I had to pick -

8: Covenant
                        7: Avenger 2.0
                        6: Sight Unseen
                        5: Proving Ground/Sentinel
                        4: Prodigy

Comment

[QUOTE=LOL4JACK] Joe this doesn't sound good or promising, you are scaring me , so to make this a question:

- When will we know that there will be a S10 for SG-1 and a S3 for Atlantis?

Sooner.

- In case the above is positive when will we now that you will be staying, if so?

Later.

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                            Lives Unlived: Following an "incident" with an off-world artifact, SG-1 step through the gate to a familiar but very different SGC. Hammond is in command, the Dr. Fraiser is still alive, and Apophis has ruled Earth for almost ten years. Most of Earth's population have become slaves, put to work building motherships or transported to off-world mining colonies, while a few collaborators still enjoy the life they once lived. SGC continues to operate, now with a mandate to discover new worlds ripe for exploitation. But a resistance exists, an underground movement that enlists SG-1's help to trigger a revolt among the Jaffa on Earth by killing their god, Apophis.

Identity: Following a series of bewildering off-world run-ins with some unusally hostile natives, SG-1 realizes that they have become the victims of identity theft on a galactic scale. Somewhere out there, a group is traveling the stargate system, impesonating them, using the SG-1 name and rep to take advantage of unwitting off-world societies. SG-1 tracks the imposters down and catches them in the act. But the imposters are resourceful, turning the tables on the real SG-1 and setting them up as the fakes. That is, until they an alien threat looms.

D.O.A.: Daniel accompanies Vala to a remote world where she seeks the services of a renegade scientist. But once reunited with her old friend, she is double-crossed and injected with a solution. Turns out the solution actually contains millions of tiny nanites which are now coursing through her system, programmed to end her life in 24 hours unless... In exchange for the antidote, Vala must help the scientist and his partners break into an Asgard lab and steal an Asgard consciousness before it is transferred to a new, clone body. And Daniel, of course, must go along for the ride.
                            I shall push my fortune and ask a second question today...

When you say these stories are dead, which type of dead are you referring? Are we talking Narim dead or Daniel dead?

Specifically...Lives Unlived sounds like a really neat story idea that I'd LOVE to see.

Thanks!
                            Mary Beth

ON EDIT: DOH! I neglected to put the question in bold/Royal blue!!! How ever will you find it???
                            Last edited by Uber; 23 October 2005, 01:52 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

"When" SGA is renewed for season 3 (thinking positive), will Mitch Pileggi be returning in his recurring role as Col. Caldwell?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                I shall push my fortune and ask a second question today...

When you say these stories are dead, which type of dead are you referring? Are we talking Narim dead or Daniel dead?

Specifically...Lives Unlived sounds like a really neat story idea that I'd LOVE to see.

Thanks!
                                Mary Beth

ON EDIT: DOH! I neglected to put the question in bold/Royal blue!!! How ever will you find it???
                                It failed to elicit any interest from the other producers, so I'd say they're Narim-dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X