This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jonas: Once and for all the real reason

This question has been bugging me for a very long time now. I was wondering if anyone has any info on why exactly the tptb hate Jonas. Was the actor a jerk or did they just hate him personally....

It just seems like there is a story that could be told here. I have heard a lot that the tptb really really dont like him. I just wonder why and what caused it?

I don't think they extremely hate him... I think they just don't know where to include their planet in the course of the episodes when there are pressing enemies at hand. They may have had brief contacts in the last few years but not anything worthy of an episode. We may or may not see him again in Ripple Effect.
    Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

They don't hate him. It's just when Michael Shanks returned they then had two characters that provided pretty much the exact same function. They both were the Exposition Man. It'd just be very, very repetitive to have had both characters stick around.
      ...Stargate is not about the angry nerd.

-David Hewlett,
      Gateworld Podcast Episode #8

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonis
        This question has been bugging me for a very long time now. I was wondering if anyone has any info on why exactly the tptb hate Jonas. Was the actor a jerk or did they just hate him personally....

It just seems like there is a story that could be told here. I have heard a lot that the tptb really really dont like him. I just wonder why and what caused it?
        Who is TPTB?!?!?!?!?
        I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Originally posted by SG-1ssm
          Who is TPTB?!?!?!?!?
          TPTB = The Powers That Be. these are the guys who run the show and make all the decisions, like Greenberg, Mallozi, Cooper and Glassner, and i think some of the directors would be TPTB as well

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ImmrtlofDrknss
            They don't hate him. It's just when Michael Shanks returned they then had two characters that provided pretty much the exact same function. They both were the Exposition Man. It'd just be very, very repetitive to have had both characters stick around.
            Thats pretty much the reason for getting rid of him, plus they have been trying to keep the pay roll down and propably didn´t want to be paying for both of them when one is all that´s needed.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
              TPTB = The Powers That Be. these are the guys who run the show and make all the decisions, like Greenberg, Mallozi, Cooper and Glassner, and i think some of the directors would be TPTB as well
              Lest just call it GMCG - Greenberg, Mallozi, Copper, and Glassner.
              I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Pretty much every show out there uses TPTB, think we´ll just stick to that

Comment

They're known to fair number of Gatefans as "The Powers That Be" since they're responsible for pretty well all the decisions made concerning the Stargate shows.
                  You can certainly call them whatever you care to, however (as long as it isn't insulting ).

As far as Jonas, the simple fact is that he wasn't necessarily meant to stay in the first place. He's cool and all, but he was merely there to "take Daniel's place". Once Daniel came back there was no need for Jonas to be on the team anymore, and Jonas himself stated that he only planned on staying with SG-1 as long as Daniel was still ascended.

Comment

He is not around because the storyline no longer needs him
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

TPTB can also mean The People To Blame.

Comment

Originally posted by NotANumber
                        TPTB can also mean The People To Blame.
                        LOL good one Still, I miss Jonas, in some ways recon he was better than Daniel, but still, I'll always be a huge fan of the original Sg-1

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Speculation about the lives of the actors and producers is some VERY dodgy territory when it comes to the Forum rules

Respect Stargate actors and production crew members. This falls under the previous rule -- but it's important to remember that we owe the show's cast and crew at least as much respect as we owe our fellow fans. Criticizing creative decisions is fine; cutting down the people that make the show is not.
                          These people take time out of their day to read and participate here, and it's our job to make sure they aren't met with personal attacks because of their creative decisions -- or even drowned with questions and personal requests.
                          I don't think we'll ever know the "real" reasons for Jonas getting the boot. Just as we'll never know why they swapped actresses to play Weir or why certain other characters won't be returning and probably not the full truth of MS's departure in the first place. *shrug*

The official reason for writing Jonas off the show is that he and Daniel "filled the same niche." That's what TPTB say and that should be enough.

Comment

Working...
                          X