This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
    Also, you'll need to prove to your Local Council that creating this Wormhole wont damage the scenery and/or detract tourists from visiting your home Town/City/Villiage/Middle of No-Where.
    (I have no-idea what an Iowa, United States is...).
    Ouch. Don't hate on middle America...
    A serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard 's nose drips.

Comment

lol... a warp drive would be nice... but either way... its no replacement for a stargate

Comment

Step 1: Buy a toaster. (see Ascension)

Comment

Step 2: Use Sam credcard or credcards that are laying around the house lol
          Step 3: Buy 100 pounds of pure, raw titantium
          Step 4: Buy 200 feet of fiber optic cable
          Step 5: Buy seven 100,000 watt industrial-strength capacitors

Next Person->
          ... So said Deline before the Battle of Ages. He spoke to the sky and said, 'And the people shall deliver unto you the wicked for your divine judgement, where their sins shall be weighed in the balance of all that is just and true.'

Comment

Okay, my turn. To begin with I will state that I am an accelerator physicist.

Gravity as theorised by general relativity, which is where wormhole theory comes from, is separate and incompatible with the quantised forces (electro-weak and strong nuclear). Electro-magnetic forces are not known to warp space-time, so do not form wormholes.

Hypothetical strings are 10-dimensional objects.

Everything is both a particle and a wave.

Neither subspace or hyperspace are considered real by mainstream physics. There is not evidence for their existence and no popular theory that contains them.

NASA has cut all funding for warp drive research because it doesn't work at all.

If a wormhole was formed, the space between both ends would be empty space. This would create a number of problems for the surrounding environment. Two-way travel is how wormholes operate. There is no event horizon. There is no need to convert matter into energy. Effectively a wormhole is simply a tunnel of space between two points. It's not a hole. If you were to look at the point where a wormhole was, you would see empty space followed by what is on the other side. Next to the wormhole would be the normal surrounding space.

Zero point energy is the lowest possible energy a system can have due to the uncertainty principle. The energy is unusable and very boring. Vacuum energy is the background energy of the universe, which randomly creates particle pairs.

The comment about 'condensed waves' makes no physical sense at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Splitsecond View Post
              Okay, my turn. To begin with I will state that I am an accelerator physicist.
              Neither subspace or hyperspace are considered real by mainstream physics. There is not evidence for their existence and no popular theory that contains them.

NASA has cut all funding for warp drive research because it doesn't work at all.
              To begin with I will state that I am an going to Powned you with my googleing skill.

People fron NASA are not as smart as you think. Also it doesn't work right now because moust humans are STUPID and No Zefram Cochrane to make it because he not born yet.

Is a real warp drive possible?

In 2007, physicist Richard Obousy proposed that a warp drive could be created by directly manipulating the extra dimensions of string theory.[7] His idea suggests the expansion of space-time is a consequence of the vacuum ground-state of higher dimensional graviton fluctuations. The vacuum energy equations can be expressed as:

In this model, it is the radius of the extra dimensions that directly controls the expansion of space. Obousy suggests that it is superstrings that wrap around the extra dimensions and thusly keeping them compact, but that a sufficiently advanced civilization might influence a string and locally adjust the size of the extra dimension creating a controlled expansion and contraction of the space surrounding an interstellar craft. In July of 2008 it was reported that two Baylor University physicists have outlined how a faster-than-light engine could be created by manipulating the 11th dimension, a special theoretical construct of m-theory.

According to research by Finazzi, Liberati und Barceló [8] the "warp bubble" seems to be unstable.

So if That if i am right as with the physicists who did more then NASA did warp might works someday and mabe a stargate too. But till then we have to go with out the cool stuff.

Info From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warp_drive
              And My Mind.

Next Person -->Insert How Thay Might Powned Me<-- (If At All LOL)
              ... So said Deline before the Battle of Ages. He spoke to the sky and said, 'And the people shall deliver unto you the wicked for your divine judgement, where their sins shall be weighed in the balance of all that is just and true.'

Comment

That is highly hypothetical and is based off of theories that are as yet unproven. There is no reason to believe that Richard Obousy is correct. Of course there is also no reason to dismiss him, however you should remain slightly sceptical when dealing with any unproven theory. Richard Obousy is a PhD student at a relatively small university. From what I can tell he does not have a particularly impressive publishing record for someone in his field. This does not mean that he is a bad scientist or an untrustworthy source, however his work should be viewed in context.

Comment

1 thing : Magnets
                  sigpic
                  May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by SG-1ssm View Post
                    Meaning that any of these can be used to open a wormhole.
                    This is the fundamental flaw in your idea. Gravity is a distortion of spacetime caused by mass. Electromagnetism and the two nuclear forces are not.

Originally posted by stargateanubis14 View Post
                    You have left out one more force (1)Electricity (2)Gravity (3)Electo-magnetical (4)weak nuclear (5)strong nuclear (6)Light (acts as energy and wave, thus giving it a "force") .........But most importantly..........(7)Strings!!!
                    This is absolutely wrong. "Electricity" isn't a force. Neither is light, which is an electromagnetic phenomenon. On top of that, strings are not a force, they are an object.

Strings is a theory that is currently undergoing many diffefent studies, but is almost clearly accepted by science everywhere.
                    This is blatantly not true. Even as a proponent of String "Theory," I am well aware that it does not warrant the title, as it makes no testable predictions.

A string is a 5 dimesional(Length,width,height,time,collacticity) wave/energy/gravity/everything object. It is what makes up electrons, and is inside quarks(inside electrons). These strings can act like a rubber band, and stretch in a ring.
                    Actually, different types of string have different numbers dimensions, but the main type have only one dimension.

Or they can stretch and cover entire galaxies(proves parrellel universe theory).
                    A. The size of strings has nothing to due with parallel universes.

B. The mass of a string is proportional to its size. A string the size of a galaxy would have a mass greater than the entire observable universe.

Originally posted by Splitsecond View Post
                    Hypothetical strings are 10-dimensional objects.
                    Actually, they are one-dimensional, but require 10 distinct spacial dimensions
                    "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                    - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                    - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                    - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                      B. The mass of a string is proportional to its size. A string the size of a galaxy would have a mass greater than the entire observable universe.
                      How does a string manifest mass? It is very likely that the standard model correctly predicts the existence of the Higgs field. The interaction between the Higgs field and other particles manifests the mass of the particle. If strings make up all particles, including the messenger particle for the Higgs field, how can the strings have mass? I understand how the Higgs field can give itself mass, but strings are apparently a level of reality below the Higgs.

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                      Actually, they are one-dimensional, but require 10 distinct spacial dimensions
                      Well if they require 10 spacial dimensions and oscillate in all of them, they can be defined as 10 dimensional objects, where the path of motion through the other spacial dimensions makes up the other 9 dimensions of a string's description.

Comment

you are all so smart!

how about this you all meet up with all resourced you can gain and build a stargate? if you actually manage to build a fully functional gate i will give you each half a mil
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG-1ssm View Post
                          First off, I know I have to much time on my hand if I figiered this out. My parents were talking for like 1/2 and hour after church and I was really bored.

Now I'm going to need to give you a bief physics and eletronics lesson.

We're all heard of wormholes being created by blackholes. Black holes do this with gravity (Oviesly). Gravity is the weakest of 4 fundmental forces in the universe: Gravity, Electo-magnetical, weak nuclear, and strong nuclear. Meaning that any of these can be used to open a wormhole.

In this stargate magnetisum is used.

If one know anything about electronics you've probably head of a inducer. An inducer is a coil of wire that creates a magnetic field.

The field is shaped like this:

The thing in the middle is the inducer.

If you put a brass mesh behind the inducer, The field only goes one way. Also, the field is only genated when power is first applied to the induced. (Hense the "splash" of the stargate).

If you had enought coils (10,000 should be enough) and put enought voltage though your "stargate" (1 Million volts +) then theretically you should be about to open a wormhole.

To aim the wormhole, you would need to twist the coil in certin ways (The stargate spining would do the twisting and the cheverons would would the coils after then had been twisted. The stargats spins the opsise way ever other time to keep the coils from becomeing tanged.)

In order to get enough power to the gate you would need server large capasiters. I would take more power to open the wormhole then to just keep it open (Like in your car. It takes more gas to start then to run).

Think it would work?
                          this is incredible...I tested this myself and it actually works !

Comment

Thank you
                            Commander Thor would you like to be the guinea pig or i ment the 1 person who was lost in an accident today. An explosion in the lab.
                            Also you gat to putt on the divers mask. And the half a mil we all gat from you must be pad up front in cash also in a metal briefcase.
                            most of that cash be used to buy parts. Or we could use Sam (Amanda Tapping)credcard or credcards that she has laying around the house lol

Comment

Working...
                            X