Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll need some Naquadah, or something akin to it.

To stablize a Wormhole (theoreticly) you need to place some "Exotic Heavy Element" in it.

Exotic meaning we haven't found it yet.
    Heavy meaning it is way beyong 118 on the Periodic Table of Elements. (>118)
    Element Meaning a Substance that has the same number of Electrons & Protons etc.

Plus, yes, you do need to Research String Theory & other possible explainations that make Quantum Theory & General Reletivity Theory fit with each other (as they don't...yet).

Plus, you need a lot of Hyperspace... Not Subspace! (as it's fictional, whilst Hyperspace is not).

Also, you'll need to prove to your Local Council that creating this Wormhole wont damage the scenery and/or detract tourists from visiting your home Town/City/Villiage/Middle of No-Where.
    (I have no-idea what an Iowa, United States is...).
    Last edited by The Prophet; 28 April 2006, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stargateanubis14
      One thing about electricity creating a worm hole is that it wouldn't work. You have assumed that the stargate run's off of gravity, which is correct, but not in the way you think.
      You have left out one more force (1)Electricity (2)Gravity (3)Electo-magnetical (4)weak nuclear (5)strong nuclear (6)Light (acts as energy and wave, thus giving it a "force") .........But most importantly..........(7)Strings!!!
      Strings is a theory that is currently undergoing many diffefent studies, but is almost clearly accepted by science everywhere.
      A string is a 5 dimesional(Length,width,height,time,collacticity) wave/energy/gravity/everything object. It is what makes up electrons, and is inside quarks(inside electrons). These strings can act like a rubber band, and stretch in a ring. Or they can stretch and cover entire galaxies(proves parrellel universe theory).
      So, with these strings being able to stretch and bend time, they can stretch from the mouth of one stargate to another, and be able to warp time in side of it, so that traveling is instantaneous.

Also, with the theory you put out, it would workif you went one step further. The electricity would have to be extremely focused and create a field that alter's time/gravity.(in other words: condense the energy waves so that it becomes a liquid or even a solid) So that ... Would be extremely hard/impossible.

Oh...And no...I have no life!!!
      Whoa, you mixed a few things up here . First, there are only four forces: strong, weak, electromagnetic, gravity. Second, strings are 1-dimensional, not 5. Quarks do not compose electrons. With regards to what strings can and cannot do, that is all speculation as manipulation of strings is beyond current technological capabilities.

As to the original theory of this thread, yes it's possible that you might be able to create an artificial singularity with enough energy. But the amount of energy required would be enormous. Also there's no guarantee that it will work. You may just get torn apart. And what about the time dialation and gravity effects? Your idea is less of a suggestion for a stargate and more like building an artificial black hole, which is not something you want to have around .

Comment

The ultimate thing about creating a wormhole is how do you keep from getting reassembled improperly if your broken down into energy.
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Also, you'll need to prove to your Local Council that creating this Wormhole wont damage the scenery and/or detract tourists from visiting your home Town/City/Villiage/Middle of No-Where.
          (I have no-idea what an Iowa, United States is...).
          Planning permission for a Stargate, why am I not surprised.
          Well, for visiting tourists you can always claim that Alien lifeforms count, in a way.

System Lord:Kree! Puny mortal, my queen and I wish to capture this special momment so that we may remember it, eons after your corpse has crumbled to dust. Record our image in front of this visage of one who was foolish enough to question his God.
          Puny Mortal:Who, Lincon?
          System: Silence!

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
            The ultimate thing about creating a wormhole is how do you keep from getting reassembled improperly if your broken down into energy.
            I always thought that it was the Stargate that was doing the whole matter to energy thing, and that was why the trip took so short; and when they open a hyperspace window (still a wormhole?) with a ship, they don't go from matter to energy, so it takes longer.

But then again, I have no clue what I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper One
              I always thought that it was the Stargate that was doing the whole matter to energy thing, and that was why the trip took so short; and when they open a hyperspace window (still a wormhole?) with a ship, they don't go from matter to energy, so it takes longer.

But then again, I have no clue what I'm talking about.
              Well, it probably is... A wormhole is basiclly a Stablised Blackhole so if you do step into it as Matter the Wormhole would probably crush you to a Singularity Processed Pulp... Hence the Need for converting Matter into Energy (E=MC^2). The Matter-Energy Conversion takes place at the Event Horizon of the Gate... But the Controlling for it takes places in the Crytal programmig I assume.

Yeah, the gate Travels through Hypersapce, but at a different level to the Ships level... There are theoreticly many differnt dimensions of Hyperspace... ranging from 12 to 24 something...

Comment

Yes, there were some... a lot of things in the theory that have not been proven, but i got all my infor mation off of different sites.(so i didn't make it up )

Comment

OMG I totally forgot about this thread...I wish I'd hadn't started it...makes me sound like such a nerd.
                  I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Ships travel through hyperspace, the stargate uses subspace to transport energy. Subspace is used to send transissions and other forms of energy. Matter cannot travel through subspace, which is why the stargate converts all matter into energy when you pass through the gate. Matter can travel through hyperspace if you have a hyperspace window generator to open a "doorway" into a lower layer of space than we exist in.

Comment

Originally posted by carcatcher
                      Ships travel through hyperspace, the stargate uses subspace to transport energy. Subspace is used to send transissions and other forms of energy. Matter cannot travel through subspace, which is why the stargate converts all matter into energy when you pass through the gate. Matter can travel through hyperspace if you have a hyperspace window generator to open a "doorway" into a lower layer of space than we exist in.
                      Subspace= The Fictional Name of Hyperspace.

Comment

here's a thought...What would happen if you super-condensed the energy waves in a light beam, inside the stargate, so that it was an energy and a wave(light is a special thing like that). Since it is a wave, it has some type of force(ex: sound are in waves and low notes can vibrate things/that's how our ears hear!!) So...Since it is a wave that is condensed, it may have the properties of a dense solid, but have all the advantages of energy.................Maybe it could somehow encase you and cary you across the galaxie in a bubble of condensed light.................well... maybe not!

Comment

We do have the necessary technology to build a working stargate. We have the ability to plot a course along an arc and the technology to focus energy and fields directionally. By applying fields of varied strength inward from a perimeter and directionally along a calculated path with sufficient power we could effectively join two points in physical space with a zero point energy conduit...much like the wire from the light switch to the light...making it possible to walk through the gate...say in Toronto.... and instantly be in Paris the same as the electrons instantly turn on the light. The power necessary can be found using Tesla technology since it works so well with zero point energy. I have seen all of the necessary pieces required to propagate such a project but have been unsuccessful in getting the various people and groups to work together to combine their efforts cooperatively. It seems they don't like to share the glory and will deprive man of great things with their greed.

So, yes it can be done....but it likely won't be.

Comment

lol... wow... a 2 yead dead thead revived

and of course no one would ever like to make stargates inside of a planet... imagine-- anything could go through from one country to another. Once you have that problem, then you get to deal with the possibility of someone just shoving a bomb through and obliterating the target... or using it as some sort of military device...

even if it were possible, and people thought it a good idea, it would get shut down before it got anywhere due to all the politics... So a gate system that works within the planet would fail.
                            If you tried to do a space gate, the same thing would happen... because there's even more laws about what you can put in space.

Human's just suck!

Comment

Originally posted by stargateanubis14 View Post
                              lol... wow... a 2 yead dead thead revived

and of course no one would ever like to make stargates inside of a planet... imagine-- anything could go through from one country to another. Once you have that problem, then you get to deal with the possibility of someone just shoving a bomb through and obliterating the target... or using it as some sort of military device...

even if it were possible, and people thought it a good idea, it would get shut down before it got anywhere due to all the politics... So a gate system that works within the planet would fail.
                              If you tried to do a space gate, the same thing would happen... because there's even more laws about what you can put in space.

Human's just suck!
                              Building a gate system inside a planet isn't possible, erally. You can't have two gates on the same planet. But even if it could be done, you're right. It wouldn't be a smart idea.

I suppose you could, in theory, build a real Stargate. But it would take technology more advanced than we currently have. But there's always the future.

Comment

yup human makeing a stargate would be great to make but befor we make it let start with some thing like warp drive invented by Zefram Cochrane (Star Trek: First Contact.) The movie depicts Cochrane as having invented warp drive on Earth in 2063 (two years after the date speculated by the first edition of the Star Trek Chronology). By using a fusion reactor to heat plasma, and by sending this plasma through warp coils, he created a warp bubble which he could use to move a craft into subspace and hence exceed the speed of light. This successful first trial led directly to first contact with the Vulcans.
                                Then after Mr(Dr)(Smart Human). Cochrane made warp all other tech was made much easer for humans.
                                So lets us start the warp space race and bet NASA be for thay make us go boom.
                                ... So said Deline before the Battle of Ages. He spoke to the sky and said, 'And the people shall deliver unto you the wicked for your divine judgement, where their sins shall be weighed in the balance of all that is just and true.'

Comment

Working...
                                X