Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'd be a cliffhanger. A great bloody awful cliffhanger. Jack and Teal'c stranded on a hostile world and presumed dead (even while they're fighting desperately to stay alive), Daniel disappearing completely while on a mission with SG-11, Carter getting forcibly reassigned and fighting it all the way so she can go look for her missing teammates, and Jonas escaping the manic clutches of his planet to try and help her out even when no one will listen to him...

Leave the audience in a screaming froth, demanding to know what happens next.

Comment

A great bloody awful cliffhanger for the end of a season perhaps, but what way is that to end the whole series on?? Unless they'd follow up on it later of course, but as you said this is about how the series ends...
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I agree! Personally, I find nasty endings unsatisfying.

Plenty misery in Real Life. No real need to have Stargate SG-1 end in any kind of horrible way,for any of the Main Characters!

I watch the programme for umpteen reasons,like most viewers I've met online.

Nothing wrong with anyone's reasons for watching,but I need "Escapism"!

Let the Fan-Fic writers come up with endings of Doom.
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          Leave the audience in a screaming froth, demanding to know what happens next.
          Hopefully not a screaming froth against PTB/Actors/Crew/the cleaner's cat!

I can see the "Why",I can see the "How",but I'd still like a Happy Ending as such............OK,I'm a wimp...

(By The Way: Congrats on getting Nirrti! Coooooooooool Avatar! )
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by hail_jack
            Season 8 is supposed to be SG1's last season....if NOT how should season 9 or possibly even 10 end...i think the only fitting way it should end if Jack (and thor?) dies trying to save earth's a*s from the reps etc, etc what do you guys think?
            Nice try, but I don't think so!
            sigpic

Comment

Killing Jack would be boring and stupid and melodramatic. Which is probably why TPTB would consider it.
              LOL I'll bet even RDA would consider it.

Now. implying that Jack might be dead.... having a whole ugly scenario leading up to it... that might work. But only if you imply the deaths of more of the team, too. Leave one lone survivor, struggling to pick up the pieces of his/her shattered life and continue, maybe begin some mad quest to prove that "they aren't dead!"
              Oh, yeah. I like this. Shattered lives. Pieces, even. Mad quest. Maybe
              all who come in contact with the surviving team member thinks (s)he is
              insane.

Jack could be "mostly dead," as long as Billy Crystal stays out of it!
              Because, you're right, the movie franchise must not suffer.

I'm still waiting for the musical...
              Last edited by OzGirl; 31 May 2004, 08:35 AM. Reason: musical

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
              appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
              full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
              in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

The only Jack I think should die is...... :-D

See? I added the smilie.
                Last edited by David85; 01 June 2004, 02:44 PM. Reason: No personal attacks allowed
                It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Uh-oh... I sense modding headed your way...
                  Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Killing Jack would be boring and stupid and melodramatic. Which is probably why TPTB would consider it. However, they're so obsessed with dollar signs that they could never TRULY kill off any of the characters because it'd make it harder to do any movies or bump the ratings on Atlantis by having someone from SG-1 guest.

Now. implying that Jack might be dead.... having a whole ugly scenario leading up to it... that might work. But only if you imply the deaths of more of the team, too. Leave one lone survivor, struggling to pick up the pieces of his/her shattered life and continue, maybe begin some mad quest to prove that "they aren't dead!"
                    I agree with you on several levels, the first being that very few television show writers have the ability to tackle this subject with the finesse that would be required to stop it turning into either a farce or a soggy emotional morass.

Some shows have been made much stronger by the death of a lead character, either at the end of their run or earlier - the ones which most emotionally affected me were Micheal Pread's death in Robin of Sherwood (best death scene on telly ever) and Sheridans 'ascension' at the end of Babylon 5 (which had me weeping for several hours afterwards). Buffy's death at the end of Season five probably counts as a well-handled departure, but we knew she was coming back so that's not really too relevant. But for every successful departure of a character there must be twenty or so where the effort fell flat on its face and left the majority of fans feeling dissapointed and betrayed. And that feeling can then affect how they view the show in retrospect - think of the end of Quantum leap and the number of comments I have heard that that ending basically ruined everything that had gone before for people...

If I thought they could do it, and do it WELL, striking the right emotional note and giving the audience something beautiful and cathartic, if you like, I wouldn't object to it. But I have absolutely no doubt that they couldn't pull it off.

And to be honest, I think the old 'is he or isn't he dead' ploy has become just too stale and cliched for words. Too many sci fi programs have used it too many times - that would just bore me.

Comment

Killing Jack would really be killing the show . . . on purpose. I don't think the producers really want that to happen. Richard has been great on all seasons even though he lacked appearanced throughout season seven. If he does come off the show, not by death, I'm certain that he will make smaller appearances but killing him off is just really stupid
                      __

__

Comment

They don't have to kill him per se....they could just....paralyze him, so he has an excuse to not be around ever.
                        "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

i don't think they would actually kill him, because if he was really dead (unlike daniel) there wouldn't be any way to bring him back if the fans stopped watching.

Comment

Season 8 is supposed to be SG1's last season....if NOT how should season 9 or possibly even 10 end...i think the only fitting way it should end if Jack (and thor?) dies trying to save earth's a*s from the reps etc, etc what do you guys think?
                            noooooo *cry* you cant kill thor! i love thor! thor is supreme *cry*

*cry*

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                            Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                            Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Are YOU looking for death threats? Beware the Gutter Gals....sheesh.
                              Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
                                Are YOU looking for death threats? Beware the Gutter Gals....sheesh.
                                Excuse me? Are you planning on OFFERING death threats? Perhaps you should rephrase that.
                                Nmom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X