This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2BAM
    I have yet to see a TKD school that has a self defense. Usually it is the school more than the art, but in the case of TKD, it is a traditional art designed for the self defense needs of another time, specifically to kick soldiers down from their horses. Today's self defense is a much more technical, broad based focus. It is true that other dojos or what have you have a sport system as well, but the root of that particular martial art can still be self defense........as in the case of jiu jitsu......even the sport system is much more applicable in a self defense situation than TKD ever was.
    OK. I was probably talking too much. I do BJJ and not TKD (even though I participated in a few TKD classes - it is a good way for conditioning at least), so I talked to some of the students. They suggested TKD wasn't a very practical art without crosstraining in something else. Now I know...

Comment

Hi James

I read that you'll be taking part in David Hewlett's "A Dog's Breakfast." Will you get to do any acting, or will it be the fights with the "increasingly pointier objects"?
      Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole.- The Wise Words of Dean Winchester

Comment

Originally posted by NEOGATEISM
        Hi James

I read that you'll be taking part in David Hewlett's "A Dog's Breakfast." Will you get to do any acting, or will it be the fights with the "increasingly pointier objects"?
        Heh, heh, guess I should have read backwards a little in the thread before asking that one.... How long did you get to spend on production/prep for the gags?
        Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole.- The Wise Words of Dean Winchester

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          Have you worked with Amanda Tapping at all in the new season yet? (Hopes) Looking forward to some good Teyla action too.
          Yes, I just worked with Amanda last week...........no details, but was not a fight scene............

Comment

Originally posted by Sprinkles
            Good question Can you tell us which actors you've worked with in season 10? Any particular scenes to look forward too?
            So far...........as mentioned before, Amanda..................The week previous, we shot a fight sequence with Claudia. That's it for this season so far.

Comment

Originally posted by telpethoniel
              Do you mind if I ask, but can you tell us about when this happened (was it from a movie or is it a promo shot, your experience there)
              That was taken by a friend in Victoria, in Beacon Hill Park...........just fooling around throwing ariel kicks........it turned into a promo shot for me 6 months after taking it or so..............

Comment

Heh, heh, guess I should have read backwards a little in the thread before asking that one.... How long did you get to spend on production/prep for the gags?
                I had about one day of prep, and approx. 6 days on set for all the gags........it's a dark comedy so most of the stunts are actor action........David himself might as well been a stuntman in this film.......you will laugh your butt off when you see it!!

Comment

That was taken by a friend in Victoria, in Beacon Hill Park...........just fooling around throwing ariel kicks........it turned into a promo shot for me 6 months after taking it or so..............
                  Cool, thanks
                  "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
                  "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                  Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Is that you up the back by any chance?

I can see Sala in this one
                    "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                    Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

I had about one day of prep, and approx. 6 days on set for all the gags........it's a dark comedy so most of the stunts are actor action........David himself might as well been a stuntman in this film.......you will laugh your butt off when you see it!!
                      Any inside information on when that may be?? It sounds like a movie I should take my brother to......or maybe my sister in law instead

Comment

I can't wait to see it, should we get it over this way...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Is that you up the back by any chance?

I can see Sala in this one
                          Nope........those are all of my buddies, but they are the bad guys in the film, the Urgals..........I was about 3 different kinds of soldier, but all of those boys were about 6'5". You must know someone that worked on the show to get those pics...........?!

Comment

Any inside information on when that may be?? It sounds like a movie I should take my brother to......or maybe my sister in law instead
                            Dont know if it will be in the regular venues or not........I think they are aiming for festivals and such first off..............if I hear anything from David or Jane I will let you all know for sure!!

Comment

Nope........those are all of my buddies, but they are the bad guys in the film, the Urgals..........I was about 3 different kinds of soldier, but all of those boys were about 6'5". You must know someone that worked on the show to get those pics...........?!
                              lol, nope I don't know anyone on the show but I am an avid Christopher Paolini fan and I happened across them on the net, they were on a website for the books

So you were probably one of these guys

Some of them are just screencaps from the trailer
                              Last edited by telpethoniel; 28 May 2006, 03:41 PM.

Comment

lol, nope I don't know anyone on the show but I am an avid Christopher Paolini fan and I happened across them on the net, they were on a website for the books

So you were probably one of these guys

Some of them are just screencaps from the trailer
                                Yes, I was definately one of the soldiers in the red and black........great looking armour actually!!Where do you find the trailer?
                                Last edited by 2BAM; 30 May 2006, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X