X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2BAM
    replied
    Originally posted by teknikal View Post
    Wait,Wait!...You're the STUNT CO-ORDINATOR?

You were right that impact was pretty class! Did it get done in one take?
    One very painful MF'ing take.

Leave a comment:

• 2BAM
    replied
    Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
    *huge grin* Yes, this exactly

I've been loving the realistic looking stunts in this show, so well done! Some of it flat out makes me cringe (I'll never forget my shock at seeing Young come flying through the puddle the first time around!) I also like that you've kept the aftereffects (save Cloverdale, for obvious reasons) real as well. People don't just get up and walk around afterwards. The same goes for the fight scenes, they're very realistic. Aside from martial arts training, i worked as a bartender for years, so yeah, I've seen a lot of real fights and it's something that's really hard to catch on TV, maybe because it isn't pretty or fair. Anyway, I love that SGU shows this sort of thing, it's refreshing
    Thank you so much......all correct. But....I get hit by cars, and get up walking all the time....what's not real about that?

Leave a comment:

• 2BAM
    replied
    Originally posted by myhelix View Post
    2Bam, thanks for taking time and answer fan questions, I love SGU and it´s darker tone is a great edition to the other two shows!
    Question for you. SGU have some amazing stunts in S2, how do you do the thing in the episode "Trial and Error"
    Spoiler:
    where Scott gets sucked out in Space?

Also I love the "down and dirty" fighting style you guys have developed for SGU, especially the "head butting" between Rush and Young (also the fight in Air part one with Greer and Rush comes to mind). Any more of that soon?
    And.....yes.....there's more for sure!!!!

Leave a comment:

• 2BAM
    replied
    2Bam, thanks for taking time and answer fan questions, I love SGU and it´s darker tone is a great edition to the other two shows!
    Question for you. SGU have some amazing stunts in S2, how do you do the thing in the episode "Trial and Error"
    Spoiler:

Also I love the "down and dirty" fighting style you guys have developed for SGU, especially the "head butting" between Rush and Young (also the fight in Air part one with Greer and Rush comes to mind). Any more of that soon?
    Thank you for watching the show, and for your compliments. I enjoy providing a different style of fighting on this show....real is what we are going for....I see we have done what was asked of us.

Leave a comment:

• 2BAM
    replied
    Spoiler:

Ivon Bartok did a whole special feature on the "Trial and Error" Scott gag.....but.....we shot Brian on the actual set that you see in the episode first....positioned him in the right spot where the director wanted him to be when the window smashed.....shot a close-up of him being pulled backwards violently(with my hand).....then we moved to another stage, and attached Brian J Smith to a cable, and pulled him at a great speed towards the ceiling about 55 feet in the air, shooting against a green screen....we started that shot with the camera right in his face at the ground level. Just wait until you see it for real on the behind the scenes special features.....only on blu-ray, I think.

Leave a comment:

• 2BAM
    replied
    Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Keeping spoilers to a minimium, is thier any really good stunts that come to mind in The Greater Good?
    If I keep spoilers to a minimum, it's almost impossible to tell you about the large stunt sequence(s) we shot in "The Greater Good". Just telling you which cast was involved would give away huge plot points at this stage. Let's just say that aside from the fantastic blend between my department, and Mark Savela's......there is a long awaited explosion about to occur......with an unexpected outcome.

Leave a comment:

• major davis
    replied
    Hey BamBam.. check out what I just created for the SGU awareness campaign.. granted.. the blogs templates were limited.. and im gonna fix it tomorrow.. I just wanted to get the info out and the blogspot up and running... Anyways.. Id love it if you could help out Operation trend.. and the SGU campaign in general!

http://stargateuniverseawarenesscampaign.blogspot.com/

Leave a comment:

• imwebgurl
    replied
    OK the second WOW stunt:

Spoiler:
    The Scott punch in the corridor - I think that was Scott and Young in the scene, yeah? If I'm right this question might make sense - How do you help the actors time a scene like that 'cos he ran up to Young to deliver the punch. That has to be more difficult than just stand and delivering, easy to wind up actually hitting him.

Bravo to all involved in those two particular stunts. I enjoyed them very much.

Cheers, webgurl
    Last edited by imwebgurl; 06 November 2010, 08:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• imwebgurl
    replied
    Yay!! I'm finally an airman...hmmmm....sorry

BamBam

I watched Trial and Error last night, it was pretty good, loved Young's struggle and there were some really A-MAZING scenes.

Spoiler:
    First up the Scott ratchet. Am I right, you ratcheted Brian with a green screen background? How fast did he go? Was the glass digital? That was fantastically cool. Was his body positioning natural or did you set it up?

Cheers, webgurl
    Last edited by imwebgurl; 06 November 2010, 08:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• imwebgurl
    replied
    Originally posted by 2BAM View Post
    The forum is entitled...."ASK BAMBAM".....hi!!! It's me....I'm the STUNT COORDINATOR....so....why are you asking me questions about perceptions of characters? This is more of a "how did you do that" kind of forum. Cool? Ya, you know it.
    Oh you slay me James!! um....hi...I know...sorry but I got carried away discussing the episode, cos you're a fan too. I will do better with the next one.

The coolest and you know it.

Cheers, webgurl

p.s. you don't have to answer these replies to your replies
    Last edited by imwebgurl; 06 November 2010, 08:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• imwebgurl
    replied
    Guy runs in front of a car....guy gets hit by the car.....guy rotates in the air until he finally hits the pavement. Scene. Brody stunt double driving....Scott stunt double taking the hit. Me....stunt coordinating the sequence, and staying the #$%@ out of the path of the car. A good stunt coordinator never puts himself in the scene without another stunt coordinator on set to watch his back. Yes....we REALLY hit him with the car....there was a loud THUMP!!!, and a dent in the hood, along with a broken headlight to show for it.....get yourself the season 2 blu-ray collection for Ivon Bartok's special feature coverage of the whole thing....For weeks afterword, every time I walked into the production office, someone would ask me,"is that guy who got hit by the car ok???!!! I thought he was dead!!!"
    Oh I'm looking forward to Ivon's special feature...and you know it ...sounds like that stunt was a one-take kinda deal, or did you have multiple cars?

I didn't know you had back-up co-ordinators but that makes sense 'cos its hard to see the big picture when you're concentrating on what you have to do.

I guess he had some bruises...please tell him he was super awesome getting hit by a car to entertain us, next time you see him.

Cheers, webgurl
    Last edited by imwebgurl; 06 November 2010, 08:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• teknikal
    replied
    The forum is entitled...."ASK BAMBAM".....hi!!! It's me....I'm the STUNT COORDINATOR....so....why are you asking me questions about perceptions of characters? This is more of a "how did you do that" kind of forum. Cool? Ya, you know it.
    Wait,Wait!...You're the STUNT CO-ORDINATOR?

You were right that impact was pretty class! Did it get done in one take?

Leave a comment:

• xxxevilgrinxxx
    replied
    See above for the answer....and....if you didn't notice....I did ignore the too dark comments.....I always do. We have a great show here.....I know it....you know it....everybody knows it. People who don't know it, are not aware of what a great show is. Period.
    *huge grin* Yes, this exactly

.... I love the "down and dirty" fighting style you guys have developed for SGU, especially the "head butting" between Rush and Young (also the fight in Air part one with Greer and Rush comes to mind). Any more of that soon?
    I've been loving the realistic looking stunts in this show, so well done! Some of it flat out makes me cringe (I'll never forget my shock at seeing Young come flying through the puddle the first time around!) I also like that you've kept the aftereffects (save Cloverdale, for obvious reasons) real as well. People don't just get up and walk around afterwards. The same goes for the fight scenes, they're very realistic. Aside from martial arts training, i worked as a bartender for years, so yeah, I've seen a lot of real fights and it's something that's really hard to catch on TV, maybe because it isn't pretty or fair. Anyway, I love that SGU shows this sort of thing, it's refreshing

Leave a comment:

• myhelix
    replied
    Spoiler:

Leave a comment:

• jelgate
    replied
    Keeping spoilers to a minimium, is thier any really good stunts that come to mind in The Greater Good?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X