This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boopsy01
    Would there be any jealousy there at all??
    Not at all... just some good-natured teasing.

Got more pix posted now, too. The link is in the "Vancouver pictures" thread.

BamBam... how long did it take you to arrange the stunt "show" you (and the gang) did for us? Sounded like you put it together rather quickly, but it sure didn't look that way.

Comment

Originally posted by StarDreamer
      WOW.. not sure how I feel about being an honorary harem member...
      Seriously, though, thanks for taking the time you did to hang out with us all. The stuff you put into the show, all the fight scenes in Atlantis, is a huge part of what I enjoy the most. The stunt show was very very cool, and I'm sure they'd love to have you in Chicago.
      Thanx again for all of your kind words, both online and in person..............thanx for the great smile as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rak'nor
        @bam: Yeah, make sure to ask Brad, now that I know someone else wonders about these things, I'm reassured that you will get to the bottom of this maybe a crossover and a sparring match? Ah, I see it now...

and for the sword-fighting thing - they already have that issue with ronin, and to be honest, not that much gore has happened in season 2, and I didn't mind - I want to see cool action, no bloodshed. Just some slick dual-wielding would be cool . Crap, I'm such a sucker for good-choreographed sword-fighting
        But...............you can't have a sword or knife fight for that matter, without blood. It just does not work. The cheese factor quickly rises to 10 with no blood. As far as a cross over sparring match..............I would love that more than you know!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor

BamBam... how long did it take you to arrange the stunt "show" you (and the gang) did for us? Sounded like you put it together rather quickly, but it sure didn't look that way.
          I decided what to do as far as format about a week before the show...............we had an approx. 20 min rehearsal the night before to teach the unaware performers their pieces of the fights........I picked up the props and pads from the studio on the day of the performance(after work of course)........and drove over to the Hilton for some butt kickin' fun!!The talking part..........well..........I just winged it as I went. I had no idea what I was going to say up there until I got up there.

Comment

Hi Bambam,
            Is there any chance of us seeing Weir sparing in the gym, or using a weapon other than a gun in the next season?
            It would be nice to see Teyla showing Weir a few moves
            "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
            "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
            Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
              I decided what to do as far as format about a week before the show...............we had an approx. 20 min rehearsal the night before to teach the unaware performers their pieces of the fights........I picked up the props and pads from the studio on the day of the performance(after work of course)........and drove over to the Hilton for some butt kickin' fun!!The talking part..........well..........I just winged it as I went. I had no idea what I was going to say up there until I got up there.
              Looked WAY more rehearsed than that! GREAT job!!!
              I'm so stoked we got to see that. Looked like your stunties had fun, too.
              As for the talking... when do we ever know what we're gonna say?
              Thanks again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by telpethoniel
                Hi Bambam,
                Is there any chance of us seeing Weir sparing in the gym, or using a weapon other than a gun in the next season?
                It would be nice to see Teyla showing Weir a few moves
                You will be seeing Weir doing something cool this season.............I don't know anything about the gym, but she has a sweet script revolving around her that you will love!!!

Comment

Looked WAY more rehearsed than that! GREAT job!!!
                  I'm so stoked we got to see that. Looked like your stunties had fun, too.
                  As for the talking... when do we ever know what we're gonna say?
                  Thanks again!!!
                  Thanx a bunch!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
                    You will be seeing Weir doing something cool this season.............I don't know anything about the gym, but she has a sweet script revolving around her that you will love!!!
                    YAY! I can't wait...why does July have to be so far away
                    "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                    Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

There are some really good pics of the stunts in that thread, and of course Bam Bam you look great in them too! There is a good pic of TJ too!

Comment

Originally posted by StarDreamer
                        WOW.. not sure how I feel about being an honorary harem member...
                        Seriously, though, thanks for taking the time you did to hang out with us all. The stuff you put into the show, all the fight scenes in Atlantis, is a huge part of what I enjoy the most. The stunt show was very very cool, and I'm sure they'd love to have you in Chicago.
                        I agree with you StarDreamer...harem member... Bad piccie of me...anyhoo....

Bam Bam you did an amazing job on stage. Very professional. Creation should make you a regular part of their Stargate conventions. It's interesting to see exactly how those fast-paced action scenes are really put together and how much time, energy and training goes into them. Makes me appreciate them so much more.
                        Hero worship is only a part time job

Comment

I kudo all of the above about the stunt panel. Having done martial arts for several years I know the time and skill that it takes to put together a demo of any sort. The fact that you did it in such little time, showcases the skill and professionalism of your entire team. We definitely need to see you at more cons.

Look familiar?

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                          Photobucket

Comment

I just picked up the book 'Eragon' from the library the other day thinking it would just be another adventure novel, it was totally random, then I find it was written when the author was 15 years old, then I find they are making a movie out of it. I must say I am very impressed with Christopher Paolini, he's the same age as me and already done so much.
                            Can you possibly give me any behind the scenes hints/spoilers about the movie (no probs if you can't cause of contract/or any other reasons)

I'm also a fan of Sala Baker, he did an awesome job in the LOTR movies
                            Last edited by telpethoniel; 29 March 2006, 01:40 AM.

Comment

@bam: I know that sword-fighting without blood would become cheesey pretty quickly - but - minor injuries would do the job - just a red patch here and there. no big shots of the massacred, just a *hit, fall and maybe a short shot of a red imprint*. Anyways, what does fake (stunt) blood taste like? Chicken?
                              Free Jaffa

Comment

Originally posted by Rak'nor
                                Crap, I'm such a sucker for good-choreographed sword-fighting
                                Hence my request for Mitchell to start packing Excalabur as standard equipment with his P90

The cheese factor quickly rises to 10 with no blood.
                                That is unless we're talking about a holographic knight

Again, I have to worship the greatness that are the Black Knight fights, especially Black Knight II. It's not often we get sword fights of that calibre on TV anymore, especially ones that use English longswords. Very, very cool.

Who was actually inside the Black Knight's armour?
                                sigpic
                                http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Working...
                                X